Favorite Teams

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Feb 3, 2011.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

To help with the team selection process, we need to see how much of an conflict there will be with favorite teams. So please, if you listed yourself as interested in the league, we would need to know what your favorite team is.

PepperNY: Mets
    Scikotic: Yankees
    Sdid: Giants
    Jam: Marlins
    Controllerabuser: Twins
    KnightNoles: Nationals
    BOBJR: Rangers
    Bakedasnake: Rangers
    OhDaesu19: Mets (flexible)
    _MG_: Cubs
    RedAL925: Red Sox
    Emmdotfrisk: Dodgers (or Rockies)
    Moonbbad: Dodgers
    Blonde: Phillies
    Pacalon: A's
    Papa Perry: Braves
    Jeremy: Cardinals/Astros
    Areed: Backs
    Chunkness: Twins/R.Sox
    Darlon: Dodgers/Angels
    Maximus: Rockies
    Vols: Rangers, Braves, Cards, A's

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

How about and why?? Just so we can sort out who really is interested in that team or is it just a preference.

Me- I am a born and raised Minnesotan. I love the Vikings to death and the Twins come close to that. I could care less about the other sports teams in MN. I've always liked the Twins and will continue to support them. I graduated from the same high school as the home town hero Joe Mauer and have followed him ever since on his career. That's basically why I want the Twins.

3. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

My favorite team is the Mets but I'd also play with the Red Sox, Phillies, Cardinals or Braves.

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

your not a real Mets fan then because I'd rather play as the Pirates then to play as the Braves haha

5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    huge Huge HUGE Cubs fan here

As for why, easy. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and every summer my best memories are jumping the train at Forest Park, getting off on Jackson to get on the red line and taking it straight to Addison to pull right in front of Wrigley Field. Best place on earth to see a game on a hot summer day. Beautiful women, baseball, $9 beers and sunshine, what else do you need?

6. controllerabuser

LOL.. That's what I'm talkin' about.. I'd never play with a team from Wisconsin.

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I live in the Dallas area and have partial season tickets to the Rangers. So of course they are my favorite team

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Lifelong member of Red Sox Nation

9. BAKEdaSNAKE

BAKEdaSNAKE Walk On

100% Texan til i die, always followed the Rangers and Astros. Been to games for both as well

10. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Los Angeles Dodgers - born and raised in the LA area, lived there for 20+ years. Always been a Dodger fan since I can remember. Think Blue baby!

11. MoonBBad

A team that wins. ;)

12. MoonBBad

One of my goals is to visit every ballpark and I think this summer I am making the trek from Chicago up there. Looks like an awesome stadium.

13. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    says a dodger fan LOL that made me laugh.

14. MoonBBad

Oh I think you remember what happened the last time we met in the playoffs...

15. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    which one? if you are talking about wrigley you wll enjoy the experience immensley. the people are nice, the stadium and atmosphere is second to none.

if you are going to the cell be prepared to see hookers, white trash fans getting drunk and plenty of fights. good thing about the white sox is their tickets are dirt cheap because their fans don't even go to the games unless they are in 1st place.

16. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    lol I know, I was at game 1.

17. MoonBBad

I live in Chicago now. Been to Wrigley plenty of times. Great place to watch a game. I live about 15 min from the stadium over in Bucktown. I was talking about making the trek to MN to see their new park.

18. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Ahh, misread. Target Field in Minneapolis is supposedly right up there with PNC now as one of the best. I am a big twins guy (second favorite team after the cubs, mostly because they shit on the white sox consistently) and I have friends in Minneapolis who have been to a game there. Nothing but rave reviews.

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

A baseball fan, except the Yankees...

more specific

I was a huge Red Sox fan while they had Manny, Pedro, and Beckett... Even flew up there with a few buddies to attend 2 games, but since Manny left I've just enjoyed the league but hate the Yanks and coming from Kentucky the closest team is the Reds so there probably the team that I want to win the most. When the Expos decided to become the Nats I decided from the inaugural year that I would root for them.

Teams: Reds and Nats then players I like to watch. anybody but the yankees, can't say that enough!

Bob the Rangers started to grow on me what 2 years ago (when they got Hamilton?), started the building process of that team. Probably my favorite AL team

20. controllerabuser

Yeah, I need to make it there this year. I kept telling myself to take my son to the game but I never got around to it.

21. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Rangers & Braves are my favorite teams

I have used the Rangers in Leagues the last 2 years, I'm fine with whoever is available at this point though

22. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I'm not going to get into any kind of pissing match with Controllerabuser, but I've been a Twins fan since my first game at age 5 *gasp* which was 30 years ago. I remember the lazy summer days listening to the Twins games on WCCO radio or picking up a game on channel 4. Watching guys like Smalley, Castino, Powell, and Erickson... I remember it like it was yesterday! Kirby Puckett (R.I.P. my man) and the '87 Twins were my all-time favs. Such an amazing series against the Cards. But the current line-up they have now is exciting! And the new Target Field... Breathtaking! I'm stoked that they resigned Thome for one more year! Hopefully everyone can remain healthy this season. :)

23. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Phillies baby

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Why -I still get a birthday card from the Philly Phanatic every year :D have since I was born. Birthed at Albert Einstein Hospital I lived in Philly for the first few years of my life before moving to the suburbs been a fan my whole life

25. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

I hear ya. Truth be told in the Show game I can not hit whatsoever with the Mets. I have some psychological issues playing with them. I HATE the Phils but I LOVE their ballpark plus I can hit well with them in the Show (duh). I also HATE the Braves but I have to say that Heyward kid is gonna be something special and for whatever reason I have done well with them in the Show. As for the Red Sox, they have a sick team (love Gonzo) and love playing at Fenway. Plus I root for them against the Yankees. The Cardinals have a few players that were on my fantasy team so that's why I put them dowm plus it doesn't hurt that they have the best player. But this game is so good that I will take just about any team. Unfortunately, a REAL Mets fan pays an arm and a leg to sit in the nose bleeds to watch Beltran LOOK at strike 3 to end game 7 of the NLCS![​IMG]