FC Barcelona B

Discussion in 'TSL: Club Pages' started by guayo10, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Stadium: Mini Estadi (capacity 15,276)

[​IMG]

Squad (uses typical Barça formation 4-3-3 with a holding mid)

[​IMG]

2. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

In his first press conference at the Mini Estadi Eddi went on to say "Apretaos los cinturones, que os lo vais a pasar bien" a quote made famous by Pep Guardiola himself. He went on to preview the upcoming year for the young Catalans "Will we win? Who knows. I'm here to emulate a style made famous by Cruyff and Pep, so my task should not be easy. I look forward to having fun first and foremost. IF asked if we would win promotion, I would respond by saying that I won't leave the team til we reach Serie A. See you all in June".

Barça B projected Starting Lineup (4-3-3)
    Oier​
    Carles Planas Lomban Muniesa Grimaldo​
    Sergi Roberto (C)​
    Javi Espinosa Rafinha ​
    Deulofeu S. Araujo Luis Alberto​

• Like Like x 4
  3. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

The Preview. Season 10 begins in a day. Here's what manager Eddi had to say about the upcoming opening match against QPR:

"First and foremost, I'm looking forward to the match against QPR. They have a pretty good team, more depth than us. However I'm grateful we're starting out in sunny skies instead of rain and a gray mirage of clouds that is London. Secondly, the pundits have picked us as one of the teams to look out for. Both in Serie C and the Coppa games. With high expectations come tough games. Everyone wants to beat the so called "favourite". In my eyes we will be lucky to finish 5th, defensively we still have long ways to go. Playing against tougher teams should be a good test for the season. I'll be calling everyone I'm up against the "favourite" for the crown. So QPR, in my eyes, should finish 1st. We will try to play a perfect game. Deulou and Sergi have 1st team experience and that should help. Oier, a gift sent from god. Visca Barça!!!"

Barça B projected Starting Lineup vs QPR (4-2-3-1)
    Oier​
    Balliu Cales Planas Muniesa Grimaldo​
    Sergi Roberto Ille​
    Deulofeu S Araujo Kiko Femenia​

• Like Like x 3
  4. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

FC Barcelona B 4 QPR 2

Starting XI: Oier, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Edgar Ié, Grimaldo, Ille, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Luis Alberto, Araujo and Deulofeu. Subs used: Kiko Femenia

It was a spectacular game to kick off the season. FC Barcelona B took the lead after 3 minutes thanks to Deulofeu. QPR fought back to level the scoreline, not once but twice. After that Barça B scored twice in the last 10 minutes to save the opening match. With 3 points in the bag, we can be sure that Eddi will be quite pleased. However his press conference stated otherwise.

"We did get the 3 points, but we allowed QPR to come back not once but twice. On the first goal Carles Planas should've done better. Hoillet just strolled past him. We need to work on Defense. Our offense bailed us out. Deulo is a magician and Luis Alberto came up huge. That number 9 spot is still up for grabs. Araujo didn't do much, Alberto scored 3 huge goals, we will see who starts next game"

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Game 2

Starting XI: Oier, Balliu, Edgar Ié, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Ille, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Luis Alberto, Araujo, Deulofeu
    Subs used: Kiko Femenia, J. Dongou Tsafack, Javi Espinosa

FC Barcelona B vs. Catania
    3 Goals 2
    11 Shots 5
    8 SOT 3
    56% Poss 44%
    16 Tackles 11
    1 Fouls 4
    0 YC 1
    0 RC 0
    2 Corners 2
    Details
    :goal: 7th Deulofeu 1-0
    :goal: 45th N. Spoli:assist:A. Gomez
    :goal: 49th G. Bergessio
    :goal: 58th S. Araujo:assist:Deulofeu
    :yellowcard: 85th G. Bellusci
    :goal: 85th Deulofeu
    MOTM Deulofeu
    In the 2nd game of the season, Barcelona B traveled to Catania to take on the Italians. Deulo once again opened the scoring early in the 7th minute. Catania equalized right at halftime of a very well executed corner. They were to take the lead 4 minutes after the restart thanks to a dubious PK. Araujo would level the game up once again after he headed the ball home off a cross from Deulo, who would win the game from the PK spot (another horrible call). He would miss another PK in the dying minutes.
    "It was a very fast paced played game, very clean. The ref? I don't know, he thought that there should be 3 PK's in this game, just like I thought Deulo would score twice. Our defense was much better. Need to improve on dead balls though. Looking forward to the following match against Stoke. Then we'll take a week off to analyze our Defense."

• Like Like x 1
  6. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

FC Barcelona B 1 Stoke City 0

Starting XI: Oier, Balliu, Lomban, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Edgar Ié, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Luis Alberto, J. Dongou, Deulofeu

Subs used: S. Araujo, Kiko Femenia, Ille

Eddi made a couple of changes to the starting XI. Back in the lineup was Balliu, as he thought for sure Stoke would play with speed. Also in was Lomban, a older CB but great in the air for those crosses. Edgar Ié stayed in but as a CDM. Did a wonderful job until the Yellow Card forced his substitution. And up top was Dongou, a speedy forward that needs to learn control.

Game Recap
    It was one of the sloppiest games you will ever see, back and forth and back and forth and red card and repeat (without another red). It was a one nil win for Barça B, but the game could've gone either way. Stoke hit a post, Barça hit a post. Finally Rafinha, right before half time got the game winner. 2nd half was just like the first, Barça missed a couple and Stoke did as well.

"It was pretty much the worst game that I've ever seen these kids play. What was our shooting percentage? 20%ish? That's terrible, I do know this the guys up at Serie B and A would eat us alive with this horrible display of shooting. Hats of to Stoke, helluva a team they have out there. Lucky to be leaving with a win. After 3 games I'm rather more concerned than delighted with the results. I would rather take a clean one nil win than a sloppy one. Good news, clean sheet. Bad news, we have to wait a week for another entertaining conference eh? We will also be keeping an eye on the Coppa draw. Our 1st objective this year is promotion, but close behind is a good run in the Coppa."

• Like Like x 2
  7. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Coppa match day 1

Swansea City 0 Barcelona B 1

No one likes to lose opening matches in a tourney. Neither of these teams deserved to lose this one. A 22nd minute header by Sergio Araujo gave Barça B the win. There were a total of 8 shots in the game.

"It was tough, dooz is a great player. I've played him twice and I've enjoyed every minute of it, due to the challenge. Fantastic player and I hope he progresses on to the next round with this Swansea team. As for us, 7 points gets us through. Right now we have 3. The kids though, they want 9. So I look forward moving on in this competition. As for now, we have a week off as all our games have been played. We will be looking to schedule friendlies, to stay sharp as we have a couple of Serie C games next week. 2 clean sheets back to back, seems that we have fixed our defensive problems."

FC Barcelona B is back in action for match day's 4 and 5. The will go up against Southampton and Fluminense.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Matchday 4

Southampton 0 FC Barcelona B 0

It was a tight match. Southampton dominated possession. However most of their possession was in their final 1/5 close to goal. Barcelona hit a post, missed opportunities when they finally got the ball back. Here's what Eddi had to say.

"Pretty sure we could've fielded 5 players out there and still not conceded a goal. It was a shame for the game. Division leaders and yet no action. They had say 57% of the possession and 2 or 3 shots. Maybe 2 dangerous crosses. All game. It was quite evident that they were happy with the draw. They would push forward and go back. Pretty sure that next time out at their stadium we will pressure higher up. Game put me to sleep to be honest. Well done by them for playing for the draw. Maybe if Ille's post would've gone in, they would've attacked more? Who knows. Our offense was horrific, so that plays into the draw. Will need some tune up, if we can't score we can't win. Need to be quicker with the ball from now on. We look now to Bologna and Fluminense. As well as the Coppa match against Seattle, which is probably our game of the week and maybe year."

• Like Like x 1
  9. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Coppa match day 2

Starting XI: Oier, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Illé, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Luis Alberto, S. Araujo, Deulofeu

Subs used: J. Dongou

FC Barcelona B v Seattle Sounders
    1 Goals 0
    7 Shots 14
    5 SOT 4
    45% POSS 55%
    15 Tackles 16
    0 Fouls 1
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    1 Corners 3
    :goal: 54th Deulofeu:assist:S. Araujo
    MOTM Deulofeu
    Clean Sheet Oier
    Eddi had called it the match of the week and year. It lived up to it and more. 1st half had a few chances for both clubs, twice Deulofeu missed on a breakaway, Rafinha's shot of one of those misses also went wide. Seattle dominated the possession of the ball. It was clear since the 1st minute that FC Barcelona B were going to wait for the counter. The 2nd half brought in one change, Luis Alberto out and Dongou in. Chances were few, but much better for Seattle in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half. Until an unbelievable goal from Deulofeu got the home side in front. From there Barça conceded possession once more, Seattle had many chances. Some were stopped by the defense, Oier or went by. Eddie Johnson had a clear shot to equalize but the shot went wide. Barça B are close to progressing in the Coppa.
    "It was a tough game. I knew it was going to be tough when we were drawn with these guys. This group isn't going to have many blow outs. Every game should be close. We could've lost the first one, 1-0, this one too. So we're just lucky to be perfect thus far. We strive for perfection, so if we continue "perfect" the rest of the way, we should be Coppa champions. Not saying we will or won't, but it's nice to be 2-0 rather than 0-2. Deulo? Hell of a player, will be sad when he leaves. Luis Alberto as well. We hung for our lives those last 20 minutes. This Serie A team is good, really good. Now we have two more league games this week. Promotion is a goal of ours, but some Coppa silverware wouldn't be bad either!"

• Like Like x 1
  10. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Matchday 5 Fluminense vs FC Barcelona B

Starting XI: Oier, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Illé, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, J. Dongou, S. Araujo, Deulofeu

Fluminense vs FC Barcelona B
    1 Goals 2
    4 Shots 10
    1 SOT 3
    49% Poss. 51%
    9 Tackles 29
    0 Fouls 2
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    1 Corners 1
    Match Events
    :goal: 52nd Deulofeu:assist:Rafinha
    :goal: 63rd Fred
    :goal: 90th Deulofeu:assist:Lobato
    MOTM Deulofeu

What on paper seemed like an easy match, turned to be Barça's B toughest win yet. A 90th minute stoppage goal from Deulofeu gave the Blaugrana the 3 points. He had opened the scoring, just to be outdone by a beauty of a goal from Fred from a free kick. FC Barcelona B now turn their attentions to Bologna!
    "It was a tough game, we knew it would be. There is something about Serie C, a lot more open play I guess. more goals. This one was low scoring compared to the others. The defense played great, we gave up a soft free kick which led to their goal. What a strike by Fred no? At the time I wanted to run onto the field and shake his hand. Lovely. Deulo? What a kid eh, what a kid. One more game and then another mini break. Can't look ahead until we play Bologna"

• Like Like x 1
  11. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Accurate

12. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 6 Bologna vs FC Barcelona B

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Sergi Roberto, Sergi Samper, Rafinha, Joel Huertas, S. Araujo, Deulofeu

Subs used: J. Dongou, Lobato, Gus Ledes

Barça v Bologna
    3 Goals 1
    13 Shots 14
    3 SOT 9
    51% Poss. 49%
    28 Tackles 13
    3 Fouls 3
    0 YC 1
    0 RC 0
    2 Corners 7
    Match Events
    :goal: 39th Deulofeu:assist:Sergi Samper
    :goal: 50th Deulofeu
    :goal: 51st Joel Huertas:assist:Deulofeu
    :yellowcard: 67th YC M. Motta
    :goal: 72nd S. Taïder:assist:P. Kone
    MOTM Deulofeu
    Looks like the tough games won't go away for FC Barcelona B. It took 39 minutes but Deulofeu scored off a beautiful cross from Sergi Samper. He added another one from long distance in the 2nd half. Later assisted to the debutant Joel Huertas a minute later. Bologna got one back from S. Taider. A good goal from outside the box.
    "6 games in and 16 points. Not bad eh? Still have long ways to go before we win promotion. Hats off to Bologna, played a good game. We were outshot, our defense while good can improve a lot. Too many shots for my liking. Looked like we could've had 5 or 6. Need better accuracy next time out. Looked like the kids began to take the pedal off after that 2nd goal. Were taking shots from everywhere. We gave some minutes to Sergi Samper, who had that great assist to Deulo. Also Joel Huertas, who may be taking Deulo's place if he does leave. Now we get a break and then back to training. Got a big Coppa match next week to try and advance as winners of the group. Will also be having the 1st EA Clasico of the year. Looking forward to the game against Ajax!"

• Like Like x 1
  13. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

I don't like it, I like my games to be 1-0. But as long as I score more than the opposition then I'll be fine ;)

14. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

There's a much higher premium put on defense as you progress up the ladder

15. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Matchday 7 Ajax v FC Barcelona B

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto, Javi Espinosa, Joel Huertas, S. Araujo, Deulofeu

Subs used: J. Dongou, Lobato

Ajax vs Barça B
    0 Goals 4
    3 Shots 12
    0 SOT 8
    48% POSS. 52%
    14 Tackles 21
    1 Fouls 2
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    0 Corners 2
    Match Events
    :goal:10th S. Araujo:assist:Deulofeu
    :goal:77th Deulofeu:assist:Joel Huertas
    :goal:82nd Deulofeu:assist:Javi Espinosa
    :goal:90th Deulofeu:assist:J. Dongou
    Clean Sheet Jordi Masip
    MOTM Deulofeu
    The first of many EA Clasicos was played this afternoon. FC Barcelona B came out victorious with a four nil win. Eddi has found some sort of niche on defense. Midfield up though, still is undergoing several changes. Javi Espinosa got a start. Joel Huertas repeated up front. Jordi Masip was in goal once again as Oier is on the Senior team. S. Araujo opened up the scoring in the 1st half after a beautiful cross from Deulo. Deulo finished the game up scoring 3 goals in the last 15 minutes.
    "It was a close game, a lot closer than the 4-0 scoreline. That 1st goal gave us confidence. It also opened up Ajax a lot, as they looked for the equalizer. It was a very important game to win or at least tie. Ajax currently sit 2nd behind us, they played a lot better than we had expected. It was a great spectacle for the crowd seeing 1 v 2 go up against each other and attack each other. Now we look up to the Coppa match. A tie and we clinch first spot. I expect to see a very aggresive team in Feyernood. They need a win to stay alive."

• Like Like x 1
  16. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Coppa Match Day 3 FC Barcelona B vs. Feyenoord

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Joan Romàn, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Joel Huertas, S. Araujo, Deulofeu

Subs used: Illé, J. Dongou, Lobato

Barça B vs. Feyenoord
    3 Goals 1
    9 Shots 8
    5 SOT 4
    52% POSS. 48%
    20 Tackles 16
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    0 Corners 2
    Match Events
    :goal:23rd Deulofeu:assist:Grimaldo
    :goal:45th G. Pellè:assist:J. Boëtus
    :goal:57th Deulofeu:assist:Rafinha
    :goal:68th Joan Román:assist:Deulofeu
    MOTM Deulofeu
    Here are the Vids. 1st Deulo with a lovely shot from outside the box.

The last match of the group for Barça B. They controlled their future, a win or tie would mean 1st place in the group. A loss and they would've to wait and hope for a Seattle loss or tie. It didn't take long for Deulofeu to open the scoring in the 23rd minute. Feyenoord tied it up right before halftime. It was quite evident that both teams wanted the 3 points, as Feyenoord had no choice as a loss would condemn them to an early exit. The 2nd half began with a Deulofeu goal, 10 minutes later Joan Román scored a third. A surprise start for Joan Román.

"It was a tough match. Could've easily been 5-1 us or 1-5 them. Both teams wanted the 3 points. Both teams wanted 1st place of the group. Hats off to Feyenoord, tough team to break down. Deulo, with the goal of the year nay? It seems that all his goals could be considered goal of the years. Started with a 4-2-3-1 formation, dominated the first 15 however the team felt more comfortable in the usual 4-3-3. It only gets tougher from here, hopefully we keep it going. So far we are perfect, if we stay perfect then we should be champions. Big Ifs though, as the knockout stages will offer us more Serie A opposition."

• Like Like x 1
  17. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 1 FC Barcelona B vs. Wigan Athletic

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Sergi Roberto, Illé, Javi Espinosa, Rafinha, S. Araujo, Deulo

Barça B vs. Wigan
    2 Goals 0
    14 Shots 1
    6 SOT 1
    50% POSS. 50%
    22 Tackles 12
    1 Fouls 0
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    1 Offsides 1
    3 Corners 1
    Match Events
    :goal:11th Deulofeu:assist:Sergi Roberto
    :goal:90th Deulofeu:assist:Rafinha
    MOTM Deulofeu
    CS Jordi Masip
    Game was a lot closer than the 14 to 1 shot ratio. FC Barcelona B took the lead from a lovely run by Deulo. The next 79 minutes or so were pretty even. Barça kept shooting and shooting but couldn't add to their lead. Wigan kept shooting as well, only for the shots to be blocked by the defenders. Deulo added the finishing touches in the 90th minute.
    "It was a close game, our defense was huge. Deulo gave us the lead and added his 11th on the campaign to secure the win. Hats off to Wigan, played a good game. Could've been a 1-0 win or a nil nil tie. Looking forward to the return leg"

18. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 9 FC Barcelona B vs. Sao Paulo

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Sergi Roberto, Javi Espinosa, Illé, Kiko Femenia, Rafinha, Deulofeu

Subs used: J. Dongou

Barca B vs Sao Paulo
    0 Goals 1
    4 Shots 7
    2 SOT 1
    49% POSS. 51%
    13 Tackles 14
    0 Fouls 1
    0 YC 1
    0 RC 0
    2 Corners 2
    Match Events
    24' :yellowcard: Negueba
    36' :goal:Negueba unassisted
    MOTM SPFC GK Ceni
    Clean Sheat Ceni
    Sao Paulo visited Mini Estadi and came out with a great result. A 1-0 win. Barça B and Deulo couldn't break the defense. It was a tight game. Sao Paulo deserved the 3 points!
    "They came out here, played their game plan well. Nothing else to be said. Was looking for an undefeated run. That can be no more. Disappointed? Not really, I was out coached. Failed to make the necessary changes. The return leg should be different. You learn from experience. Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice? I should be fired if I get fooled twice. Well done bigox1337 brilliant moves!"

19. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 13 FC Barcelona B vs. Ajax

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Sergi Gomez, Grimaldo, Sergi Roberto, Illíe, Javi Espinosa, J. Dongou, Rafinha, Deulofeu

Subs used: Gus Ledes, Joan Roman, Lobato

Barça B vs. Ajax
    2 Goals 0
    12 Shots 7
    7 SOT 4
    53% POSS. 47%
    25 Tackles 26
    0 Fouls 2
    0 YC 1
    0 RC 0
    3 Corners 2
    Match Events
    :goal:6th Illîe:assist:Deulofeu
    :yellowcard:90th R. van Rhijn
    :goal:90th Deulofeu:assist:Gus Ledes
    MOTM Deulofeu
    CS Jordi Masip
    Another edition of the EA Clasico was played this afternoon. To no surprise Guayo came out with the win. Tough match to win, as Ajax missed several one on ones. Deulo got back into the scoresheet with a brilliant run in the 90th.
    "vestrada_08 played a brilliant game. It was a lot tougher than our visit to Amsterdam. His team came out to play. Could've been 1 up after a few minutes. However Jordi Masip came up huge with save after save. Illíe is back in the scoresheet. Good for him, has been on the bench off and on. Look forward to future matches with vestrada_08. Either in Serie B or Coppa games."

20. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 11 FC Barcelona B vs Sao Paulo

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Sergi Gomez, Grimaldo, Sergi Roberto, Illíe, Javi Espinosa, J. Dongou, Rafinha, Deulofeu

Subs used: S. Araujo, Lobato, Joan Román

Barça B vs. Fluminense
    5 Goals 2
    15 Shots 5
    8 SOT 4
    56% POSS. 44%
    18 Tackles 21
    3 Fouls 0
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    3 Corners 0
    Match Events
    :goal:2nd Deulofeu:assist:Rafinha
    :goal:15th Thiago Neves
    :goal:39th J. Dongou:assist:Deulofeu
    :goal:60th Deulofeu:assist:J. Dongou
    :goal:61st Fred:assist:Jean
    :goal:87th Deulofeu:assist:Lobato
    :goal:89th Deulofeu:assist:S.Araujo
    MOTM Deulofeu
    Fluminense visited the Mini Estadi. And just like the first leg this one was a good one. FC Barcelona took the early lead from a brilliant play from Deulo. Fluminense equalized after a controversial goal. The rest were brillian displays from Deulo. Either scoring or assisting on the remaining 4 goals of the match.
    "It was a tough game, one win closer to promotion though. Started the game off brilliantly. Couldn't have started better after that 2nd minute goal. There goal did upset me a bit. It seemed that we had possession of the ball and it was tackled away in the top of the box. Was waiting for him to clear it out of bounds or pass it back to his D. You can clearly see that my players avoided the forward. Neither happened and that resulted on his first goal. Which changed the match drastically as we needed a 2nd to win. We didn't only get two, we got 5. Even better. Would've scored more as well, like to play within the rules. Also the celebration kind of irked me. But oh well c'est la vie. Now we look forward to the next two games and the Coppa match before a 2 week vacation!"
    Controversial goal

21. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Games played ahead of schedule due to vacation:

Match Day 18 FC Barcelona B 2 Stoke City 1
    Match Day 12 Wigan Athletic 0 FC Barcelona B 3
    Match Day 10 FC Barcelona B 2 Catania 1

Coppa Round of 16 FC Barcelona B Norwich City

"Promotion is close. Might have clinched it, not mathematically since we're way ahead in games. As of now have 3 more. Pretty sure if we win 1 or 2 of those we will mathematically clinch. Looking at the table though, pretty sure we will be celebrating once we return from break. Canaletes will be celebrating the Serie C title and promotion very soon. Visca Barça!"

22. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 9 AS Monaco v FC Barcelona B

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Edgar Ié, Muniesa, Carles Planas, Ça, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, J. Dongou, Luis Alberto, Deulofeu

Subs used: Ille, Lobato, S. Araujo

AS Monaco vs. Barça B
    0 Goals 1
    7 Shots 11
    4 SOT 3
    48% POSS. 52%
    16 Tackles 14
    3 Fouls 0
    2 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    2 Corners 5
    Match Events
    :yellowcard:31st G. Tzavellas
    :goal:36th Luis Alberto:assist:Deulofeu
    :yellowcard:85th Falcao
    MOTM Muniesa
    CS Jordi Masip
    A match that had been postponed from Match Day 9 was played today, it pit up division leaders FC Barcelona B against the newcomers Monaco. Monaco had been unbeaten up to this point and Barça B was 3 wins away from clinching the division. Grimaldo had to sit out the game due to Yellow Cards, so Edgar Ié took his place and Carles Planas shifted to LB to make way. In the mid we saw Ça get a chance at the CDM role. And a surprise inclusion to the lineup of Luis Alberto. Who hadn't seen action since the 2nd Coppa match. It came to be a worthy addition as he scored the lone goal from a low Deulofeu cross. Monaco had chances to equalize as both Colombians Falcao and James Rodriguez hit the woodwork.
    "It was a tough game, we had seen the previous match reports of Monaco. Hadn't actually played him, but his record of 8 games unbeaten was impressive. Everyone in this division looks forward to playing the leader, I kind of felt that today. AS Monaco is clearly the best team in any division, so beating a big team like this is always huge. They can argue that they could've won the game 2-1 due to the 2 posts. We can argue that we should've won 3-0 as Deulo missed a 1 on 1 and Luis Alberto and others missed several headers. In the first half we noticed the slow build up, we often stole it back before it got to anything dangerous. In the 2nd half it was clear that his approached had changed. More lofted balls forward, trying to win by speed. It was a helluva game, can't wait for the return leg at the Mini Estadi. Can't think of a better opponent to beat for the title than Monaco at our home. Tough break for Falcao eh, can't beat Messi and the senior squad, now he can't beat Deulo and the B team. Visca Barça!!!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  23. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Coppa Quarterfinals Lyon vs. FC Barcelona B

The shocker at the Stade de Gerland starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Agostinho Çá, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Luis Alberto, S. Araujo, Deulofeu

Subs used: Kiko Femenia, J. Dongou

Lyon vs Barça B
    2 Goals 3
    4 Shots 10
    3 SOT 7
    46% POSS 54%
    26 Tackles 28
    1 Fouls 1
    0 YC 1
    0 RC 0
    1 Corners 2
    Match Events
    :goal:7th J. Briand:assist:A.Lacazette
    :goal:11th Deulofeu:assist:Grimaldo
    :goal:98th A. Lacazette:assist:J. Briand
    :yellowcard:98th Agostinho Çá
    :goal:100th S. Araujo:assist:J. Dongou
    :goal:112th Deulofeu:assist:Kiko Femenia
    MOTM Deulofeu
    The game of the season thus far for Barça B. The Coppa Quarterfinal pitted them against a familiar foe in Zikry. Who they had faced in the offseason International tourney that finished in a 1-1 draw. Numerous friendlies have been played as well, with each side getting wins. It was a tough start for Barça B as Lyon went ahead thanks to a 7th minute goal from J. Briand. Barça B didn't take long to answer back as Deulofeu went on a 60 yard run to get the equalizer. Each team would come close to winning it in regular time, however 90 minutes weren't enough. Extra time or penalties were to decide this one. Lyon again didn't waste time and went back ahead 8 minutes into the extra time thanks to A. Lacazette. Again Barça B didn't blink, as S. Araujo would tie it 2 minutes later. After 15 minutes penalties seemed inevitable. However a brilliant run from Kiko Femenia, who had come on 7 minutes earlier, and a great cross that found Deulo ended up with the winner. A decisive win in Barça B first campaign at TFS, Serie C silverware may follow as favorable results against Southampton or Monaco would get them the title.
    "It was a tough game. Hats off to Zikry, who pushed us the whole way. There were times were I wanted to throw the control out the window, as his defense caused us a couple of problems. Felt like the opening goal changed up the game plan a bit. We were pressing too much, Deulo got us back into the game though. We missed some that we should've finished. Nerves got to the players, that forced this game to go to extra time. In extra time, I thought for sure we were out. That goal felt like it was the killer. To my surprise, we tied it up two minutes later. We didn't want to go to PK's. We felt he had the advantage. Deulo saved us once again. We are 2 wins away from going undefeated in Coppa play and winning some silverware. We will keep training and get focused for the upcoming league games. We have a tough one at Southampton and another tough one vs. Monaco. We want to be celebrating a Serie C title this week. Want the people to storm Canaletes. We will do all that is possible to make this happen. VISCA Barça!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  24. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Campiones, Campiones OLE OLE OLE Campiones, Campiones!!!!

Match Day 16 FC Barcelona B vs AS Monaco

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Carles Planas, Muniesa, Grimaldo, Agostinho Çá, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Kiko Femenia, Luis Alberto, Deulofeu

Subs used: Ille, J. Dongou, S. Araujo

Barça B vs Monaco
    1 Goals 1
    11 Shots 10
    7 SOT 7
    46% POSS 54%
    19 Tackles 13
    0 Fouls 3
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    2 Corners 4

Match Events
    :goal:30th Deulofeu:assist:Luis Alberto

:goal:84th I. Tourè

MOTM Subasic

With this result Barça B are Campiones, Campiones ole ole ole!!!!!!

Barça B came into the match needing a point to secure the title. And they did just that. The Match Facts show a different story of the game. On paper it seems like it was a really even matchup. No. AS Monaco came into the match without their superstars that won them all of their games. It showed. Monaco had 4 corners. 3 shots on target came from those corners. There goal came off a rebound header from a corner. Their goalie was the only one in form as he stopped shot after shot. Barça B will be kicking themselves for not getting the 3 pts. However even with the tie, they have clinched the title!!!

"Pretty disappointed at Monaco in those last 10 minutes. Cheap tactic to pass the ball around in the back. But hey when you're desperate to get a point you do whatever you can eh? If this game had gone into extra time I have no question we would've scored once. Or twice. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing them next season. Might have to pressure higher now that we know what the game plan is for the last 10 minutes eh. Again I'm all for winding the clock down but go up the field. A monkey can pass the ball around with his back 4 and I can't stop that. Other than that, I thought their goal was cheap. Deserving? Eh. If they deserved that one than we deserved 9. We did ease off our pressure and it hurt us. It was a great game by my side, came out hot and stayed like that. Unlucky that we couldn't get more.
    But for now we will celebrate the title with the people. What most may forget is that this team is a bunch of kids. We don't have Falcao, we don't have an Erikssen, we don't have etc. We do have a Deulo, a Sergi, a Rafinha. These guys are 17-20 year olds. And we beat grown men. We deservedly are the champions of Serie C and look forward to Serie B. As well as the Coppa semifinal. We hope to bring the title back to Catalonia!!! Visca Barça y Visca Catalunya!!!!"

Upcoming matches Match Day 15 @ Southampton
    Match Day 17 @ Bologna

Coppa Semifinal TBD

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  25. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Match Day 15 Southampton vs FC Barcelona B

Starting XI: Jordi Masip, Balliu, Edgar Ié, Carles Planas, Grimaldo, Agostinho Çá, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Kiko Femenia, J. Dongou, Deulofeu

Subs used: Lobato
    Southampton vs. FC Barcelona B
    1 Goals 1
    3 Shots 6
    2 SOT 2
    53% POSS 47%
    15 Tackles 17
    0 Fouls 1
    0 YC 0
    0 RC 0
    0 Corners 2
    MATCH EVENTS
    34' :goal: Edgar Ie:assist:Sergi Roberto
    48' :goal: G. Ramirez:assist:E. Mayuka
    MOTM Steven Davis
    In the 2nd to last game of the season, Barça B traveled to Southampton as newly crowned champions. The game was sort of like the 1st. Southampton did come out attacking though. Eddi made a couple of changes from his starting XI against Monaco. Back in the starting lineup was Edgar Iè who opened up the scoring. Also starting was Kiko Femenia and J. Dongou. Sergi Araujo and Luis Alberto didn't make the trip to England. It was an even game. Southampton missed one Barça missed one. Deulo couldn't get going, rare back to back bad games for him.
    "First and foremost we say congrats to Southampton who played a helluva game defensively. They needed a positive result from this game and I believe they got it. It was quite surprising to see them attack as they did in the 1st half. Caught us off guard as we expected a slower game. After the 1st goal we thought the game might open up since we expected them to attack. They did. They scored and it went back to a slower type game. We were out possess, yes. But 46% of their possesion was from their goal line to the 60ish yard line. They had 6% in our third of the field. We had 16%. Numbers don't mean much if you can't score though. Deulo? I'm sure he's saving his goals for the Coppa semifinal. Might give a few of the younger guys starts in the last game at Bologna. We really don't have any more younger guys. Grimaldo has stood out this season. He's 17 years old. 17!!! We'll take a break. Come back next week to travel to Bologna and our semifinal match. Serie C has been good to us, I'll see if I stay on course with Barça B or take another offer to manage in Serie B"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.