FC Girondins de Bordeaux

Discussion in 'TSL: Club Pages' started by Broncos218, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

[​IMG]

Team: FC Girondins de Bordeaux​

Manager: Broncos218​
    PSN Contact: Broncos218​

Stadium: Stade Chaban-Delmas (34,694)​

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Home, Away, Alternate Kits​

[​IMG]

2. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

FC Girondins de Bordeaux Roster

Formation: 4-2-3-1​
    [​IMG]

Manager: [​IMG] Francis Gillot

Starting XI:
    [​IMG] GK - 16 - Cédric Carrasso
    [​IMG] RB - 25 - Mariano
    [​IMG] RCB - 3 - Henrique
    [​IMG] LCB - 27 - Marc Planus
    [​IMG] LB - 28 - Benoît Trémoulinas
    [​IMG] RDM - 6 - Ludovic Sané
    [​IMG] LDM - 7 - Landry N'Guémo
    [​IMG] RAM - 18 - Jaroslav Plašil
    [​IMG] CAM - 4 - Ludovic Obraniak
    [​IMG] LAM - 19 - Nicolas Maurice-Belay
    [​IMG] ST - 9 - Yoan Gouffran

Key Substitutes:
    [​IMG] GK - 1 - Abdoulaye Keita
    [​IMG] RB - 21 - Matthieu Chalmé
    [​IMG] CM - 26 - Grégory Sertic
    [​IMG] LM - 20 - Henri Saivet
    [​IMG] CAM - 10 - Jussiê
    [​IMG] ST - 11 - David Bellion
    [​IMG] ST - 14 - Cheick Diabaté

Player Roles:
    Captain: Jaroslav Plašil
    Penalties: Ludovic Obraniak
    Short Free Kick: Ludovic Obraniak
    Long Free Kick: Ludovic Obraniak
    Left Corner: Jaroslav Plašil
    Right Corner: Ludovic Obraniak

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

FC Girondins de Bordeaux Schedule & Stats

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Broncos218 Previous Managerial History

[​IMG] Hamburger SV [​IMG]

Season 1 Serie A: 1st, Serie A Champions :1stars:
    Season 1 TFL Cup: Eliminated in Round 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 2 Serie A: 6th
    Season 2 TFL Cup: Eliminated in Semifinals

[​IMG] SV Werder Bremen [​IMG]

Season 3 Serie A: 7th
    Season 3 Coppa Tradizione: Winner, Coppa Tradizione Champions :trophy:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 4 Serie A: 5th
    Season 4 Coppa Tradizione: Eliminated in Round of 16

Season 5 Serie A: 1st, Serie A Champions :1stars:
    Season 5 Coppa Tradizione: Winner, Coppa Tradizione Champions :trophy:
    Season 5 Supercoppa: Winner, Supercoppa Champions :trophy:

Season 6 Serie A: 9th
    Season 6 Coppa Tradizione: Eliminated in Semifinals

[​IMG] FC Girondins de Bordeaux [​IMG]

Season 7 Serie A: 7th
    Season 7 Coppa Confederazione: Winner, Coppa Confederazione Champions :trophy:
    Season 7 Supercoppa: Eliminated in Round 1

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

BORDEAUX PRESEASON REPORT

[​IMG]
    Captain Jaroslav Plasil is ready to kick off the new season

BORDEAUX SET TO START SEASON 7 UNDER COACH BRONC
    After 6 seasons in Germany, Coach Bronc has chosen to take his talents elsewhere. Coach Bronc had a successful stint with Werder Bremen, but after an underwhelming final season and the departure of many key players, Bronc believed it was time to venture elsewhere. Now after settling in at Bordeaux, the locals are hoping that the success of Bronc's past can be replicated at the French club. The coach and players alike are feeling positive after some preseason matches, a good sign with the season opening today. In the first matchweek, Bordeaux is set to face off against French rivals Montpellier, an offensive juggernaut in Anzhi, and a well-rounded club in Hannover 96. As for the Coppa, being placed in Pot 2 for the draw put the side at an early disadvantage. Pundits are now claiming Group G to be the "Group of Death," as Bordeaux has been paired with West Ham, Lokomotiv Moscow, and Genoa. West Ham appears to be the toughest of the 3, but if Bordeaux can win their first two, the final group match against West Ham might not be as significant. Bordeaux will also face West Ham in league play that week, which could prove to be a pivotal week in the season. As far as tactics go, Coach Bronc has chosen to start out the season with a 4-4-2 Diamond formation. With wing play not necessarily a strong suit for Bordeaux, a trio up front of Obraniak behind Gouffran and Diabate will carry the load of the offense. However, with a couple of offensive-minded teams in the first matchweek, the play of the backline and goalkeeper Cedric Carrasso may be more influential on the team's record after the week.

MANAGER CONVERSATION
    We reached Coach Bronc for a few words regarding the new season:

With many options to chose from, how did you end up choosing Bordeaux?
    CB: Bordeaux has the players that fit my scheme. They have a strong starting XI that can compete on any given day.

Who do you expect to be your breakout players this season?
    CB: The signing of Ludovic Obraniak last winter by the club was huge, and I expect him to continue his success this year. Jaroslav Plasil gives us a strong presence in the midfield, and his play could help dictate many matches. I've been impressed with Diabate's from throughout the preseason, and at 6'4'', he provides us an aerial threat up top.

You won silverware in your first season at both Hamburg and Bremen. Can we expect the same here?
    CB: I sure hope so. With the players we have here, I'm expecting silverware at some point during my managerial campaign. Who knows if that will happen this season, but I'm prepared to lead the club for seasons to come and fully expect the talent on the field to translate into success.

PLAYER TO WATCH
    For the upcoming matchweek, keep an eye on the captain, Jaroslav Plasil. Plasil's play in the midfield could set the pace of the match. He will also be tasked with providing some defensive help against some of the more attack-minded teams in the week. If Plasil can successfully put his stamp on the week's matches, his presence in the midfield could be something that Coach Bronc draws from often in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

BORDEAUX REPORT

[​IMG]
    Bordeaux have been training for the upcoming Coppa Confederazione Final

COACH BRONC TO MANAGE BORDEAUX IN COPPA CONFED FINAL DESPITE ANZHI LINK
    After a tumultuous season that saw Bordeaux barely average a point per match in Serie A and a disappointing 4th-place group finish in the Coppa Tradizione Qualification stage, Coach Bronc's time with the French team seemed all but done. "After a strong 9-point week to start the season, we obviously had high hopes," noted Coach Bronc. But with the season nearing an end, Bordeaux and Bronc have mutually agreed to part ways. "I'm disappointed I'll be departing Bordeaux after just one season," said Coach Bronc. "I came in prepared to manage Bordeaux for the long haul and put together many great seasons, but it became clear that the tactics and personnel just simply were not a great fit. I know this club can achieve great things, but it will unfortunately have to be under someone else's watch." Yet with a strong past in Hamburg and Bremen, someone was bound to want the free agent coach. A suitor was soon found in Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala, yet terms of the contract will see Coach Bronc finish out the Coppa Confederazione and potentially Supercoppa with Bordeaux first. The Coach went on to say, "Right now, a cup final is the only thing on my mind and I fully intend on capping off my time here at Bordeaux on a strong note." Bordeaux appear the favorites over Serie C's Genoa and Geneseo98 in the Final, yet Genoa got the upper hand when the two clubs met in the group stage, defeating Bordeaux 5-3.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.