Fear the Spear: Florida State Football

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by KnightNoles, May 6, 2011.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

Place to talk about the Seminoles

2. KnightNoles

3. KnightNoles

Chat: Chat with Mark Schlabach - SportsNation - ESPN

If we can some how escape OU and then Clemson the next week then yes, but 2012 looks better because FSU will have better talent in 2012 because of recruiting and an easier schedule.

4. KnightNoles

5. KnightNoles

6. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Oh I didn't even know this thread was here, nice, I'm about to go watch that Lattimore hit like 5 times real quick.

7. KnightNoles

Why EJ is better than Pryor​

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

When was the last time it was actually feared?

10. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

I would say 2000. Once OU beat us 13-2 it was pretty much downhill from there. It's why the '00's are called "The Lost Decade" around here.

11. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Best thread ever!! (y)

12. KnightNoles

It all depends on the guys in front of LOS and his talent, Terrance Parks I have heard has improved greatly and moving Joyner back to his natural position of safety sounds like a great move. I am really high on Lamarcus but we will find out the x-factor and the person that has the experience is Nick Moody but he was probably below average in pass defense last year and being out all spring doesn't help.

So I probably look at it 2 ways:
    LOS gets on the field more often then expected either = those 3 guys can't take care of it or
    he is a great talent and beats them all out.

===========================

Wilder will be play at HB for at least this year, but our backfield is very very deep if everyone is on their game. I was a huge Jermaine guy but Chris has taken the torch and ran away with it. I don't really know what to expect from JW, I would say 3rd down back but why burn his play on that if that is all he will play. Just burn up Ty Jones last year, but downside on that he is so inconsistent and his diabetes problem causes issues. Really the freshman back that will wow people, I think is Devonta Freeman. But for the time being throw Wilder and defense out of the same sentence.

13. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

I agree totally on the Wilder argument. He looks like a natural bruser of a HB, and I think its a good thing that he has a few guys in front of him that he can learn from but he is going to be a good one. Have you seen the video on him running the ball, he refuses to go down and fights for every yard. Thats the type of back that Fisher had that won him National Championships at LSU. Anyway the only other issue is that I feel Joyner was kinda over hyped his frosh year and he didn't live up to it. Moving him to safety does seem to fit his playing style better but Im just left wondering if he will be able to match up with the bigger and much taller TE's and Hbacks he will likely have to cover. We shall see. But I havent been this excited about an FSU team sence the turn of the millenia (haha). So it should be fun to watch.

14. KnightNoles

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Thanks Noles that was good. I've been saying our defense is better than the offense for a while, but some guys are good but just haven't been proven. I thought Onwukaife was small coming out of HS but now they say he's like an oversized LB.

Still the battles at the skill positions don't seem to be settled. I like Thompson but I don't even know what's going on with Thomas. At freshman, I see Freeman making a bigger impact at HB than Wilder. At WR, I think it's really just Reed, Haulstead, and Smith. Hopefully Easterling plays well and same with Kenny Shaw. What intrigues me is the future of the freshman Kelvin Benjamin.

16. KnightNoles

Yea, that news about Onwukaife excites me and I am high on Telvin. I agree I think Freeman impacts the offense more than Wilder but 2 great options. I have always like JT but the last year and half I have started to renege that, Thompson is our guy I believe and I hope he continues what he did against Carolina.

I think it is more of Haulstead and Smith, Rodney is my dude. I really want to see what Christian Green can do, but we have depth like crazy on the offense side of the ball. Haulstead 6'3'', Smith 6'6'', Green is 6'2+ Benjamin 6'5''+ then we have speedy Bert and I think Easterling is way more dependable than Bert.

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I hope very reed plays well. From what I hear he's pretty lazy and just seems like the type who could screw up off the field. Of course thats not backed by anything. Also Greg Reid made a lot of mistakes and great plays last year. I think he's ready to make a big impact on defense instead of focusing on returns as much. he made a big improvement from the beginning to the end of the season last year and I'm excited to watch him in 2011

18. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

The skill positions will work themselves out. I'm most concerned about the lines which the article doesn't touch on at all except for DT.

We have solid depth (finally) at DT but what happens at LDE? Does Werner step right in and make the kind of impact he had last year or does Tank get immediate playing time? He seems physically ready but Werner will be tough to keep off the field; I thought he was better than Markus White last year.

Also what about the offensive line? Losing Rodney and McMahon and all the injuries really surrounds the OL with questions. From everything I've read Fahrenkrhug (sp?) has looked really good at C but is Spurlock over his injuries? Didn't Zebrie have off-season shoulder surgery? Does Jacob Stanley step up for a job?

I got faith in Trick Daddy to figure it all out but those are the two positions I'm most concerned about. Whoever we put on the field at WR or RB or OLB has the talent to make an impact it's just a matter of who shows the leadership. But we've got some guys who've never started that will be called upon on the lines which leaves some big questions to be answered.

19. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You guys even have to steal our slogans... smh.

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Looks like Taiwan Easterling will not be coming to school next year :(

21. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Just checked out the rosters at the new TeamBuilder site. They did a pretty good job getting a lot of the freshmen in there. DeVonta Freeman, James Wilder, Timmy Jernigan, Nick Waisome are all on there with accurate numbers it appears.

I don't think they have the OL positions right but that's kind of impossible at this point, I don't think Trick has settled on his starters yet.

They actually included Jacob Coker. He'll probably red shirt all year and never see playing time, interesting that they wasted a roster spot on him.

They have Karlos's number as #40, no way he's #40 right? Gotta be #9. (or is that supposed to be Lamarcus Brutus and they didn't include 'Los?)

Lamarcus Joyner having just switched to safety in the spring is already rated better than Moody.

Just nitpicking now but they have X.Rhodes and G5 rated the same. X is one of the 3-4 best corners in the nation, he's better than Greg imo.

Telvin Smith gets some love as an 80 OVR however I think he'll be better than that this year, dude is an animal, one of my favorites.

The RB's are loaded, I don't know who I'll want as my starter. I'm a JT guy though, probably roll with him.

They still have Taiwan Easterling on there.

Nick O'Leary as a 6'4 235 75OVR Freshman? That's my starter folks.

Anybody got any thoughts?

22. KnightNoles