Featured Game - Week 1

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 6, 2013.

?

Who Takes the Early Divisional Grudge Match?

1. Philadelphia Eagles

20.0%
  2. Washington Redskins

75.0%
  1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins

[​IMG]

Team Selection - Check
    League Rules Read - Check
    Roster Cuts - Check

We all but have the green light for what should be one of the best leagues the Madden world has ever seen. In the inaugural season of the Q, the Lombardi trophy stands atop the pyramid and all 32 teams and owners in this league have a legitimate chance at capturing it. Forget who was dominate in previous Madden season's, Madden 25 is far different than anything we've seen before. When LtJustice and CHUNKNESS state that any team can be beaten on any given day in this league, it's never held more truth than right now. So with that said, let's get this thing rockin'!!

When I looked at the 2013 NFL schedule, there were plenty of week 1 games that could have been my "Featured Game of the Week". But when I saw a Monday night game at Fed Ex Field between heated division rivals Philadelphia (ferocious) and Washington (Warhawk AKA dreadman), I couldn't go anywhere else. RG III fresh off of a huge season ending injury, Chip Kelly and his new, high flying "collegiate-like" style of offense; this game has all the headlines! Let's break it down:

Philadelphia Wins IF:
    • First and foremost the Eagles have GOT to contain RG III. If they resemble the poor tackling, lathargic defense of last season this may not even be a contest.
    • Chip Kelly no doubt loves to run the ball. Lesean McCoy fits his scheme maybe better than anyone in the league. If he can get going early, watch out.
    • I think a key for any Philadelphia game this season will be whether or not ferocious can sustain Michael Vick's health. Vick's health will be very important to the success of the 2013 Eagles.
    Washington Wins IF:
    • Warhawk AKA dreadman may just have the player all of us would MOST like to have in our arsenal this year, RG III. If he can lead Griffin into playing like the field general we all know he can be, the Redskins will be a tough out in the NFC.
    • Alfred Morris was a key part to Washington's offensive attack last year. He was the surprise rookie of his draft class and flew under many people's radar. He's no longer under that radar. His play will be critical to the success of the Redskins, not only in this game; but for the year.
    • They can limit turnovers and keep the ball out of Vick's hands. It's a key for any team's victory, but the less the quick scoring attack offense of Philadelphia has the ball, the better it bodes for Washington's chances.

Prediction:

I think that as much as we focus on these two offenses and their abilities, it will be the defenses who decide this game. Both Washington and Philadelphia have big time playmakers on that side of the ball as well. Trent Cole, Connor Barwin, Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan; just to name a few. With home field advantage and RG III at his disposal, I can't pick against the Redskins and Warhawk AKA dreadman in this opening week 1 matchup. I think his defense will force turnovers in key moments and be up to the task of defending the offense of ferocious. It'll be a close game, maybe even provide us with some last second heroics, but I'm going 35 - 30 Redskins.

What say you Q?! Hit up the poll as well as give some comments as to how you see it going down!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Solid As Hell

Love it man...Like the poll (y)

• Like Like x 4
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Love it Loren! That is a great piece!

Both Jon and Alonso are great owners. I am going to go with home field advantage in this one as well. It will come down to that and whichever team makes the least mistakes with the football.

Record that shit and post highlights if you can! Good luck to you both!!! ferocious Warhawk AKA dreadman

• Like Like x 5
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

• Like Like x 4
  5. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Gotta go with the home team, video game or real life, always til I RIP, HTTR!

• Like Like x 3
  6. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Good write up.. These are two good Vets owner that will give you a run for your money. I will have to put my money on Mr. Dreadman because Defense wins games.. Final score 21-17

• Like Like x 2
  7. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Great piece man.... should be a hell of a game between us to start the season. I like my chances.... and Im sure ferocious likes his chances as well.... we both want to go 1-0... but someone has to take the fall.........so may the best team win!

• Like Like x 3
  8. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I like the Skins in a close one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

:banghead::banghead::banghead:Wow,:mad::mad::mad:, this shit has gotten me FIRED UP!!!!(n)(n)(n). Division game, cant stand RGIII's ass, and Jon is at the helm!!!:doodie::doodie::doodie:. Gonna have to bring back the old school defense, "Kill the Quarterback":mad::mad::mad:

Damm you Loren LOL:p

Thank You Doug, and FO SHO it will be recorded....:mad:

• Like Like x 6
  10. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

(n)

11. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

(n)

12. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Excellent story!

RGIII will lead the way, but the kicker puts this one out of reach late. Redskins win 23-14.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

great write up....

• Like Like x 4
  14. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great job Loren. Love it!

EDIT: I am going to have to go with the home team and my former division rival Jon. Just giving you more motivation Zo ;)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Got a feeling I'm going to have a hell of a game on my hands.. We will be ready!

• Like Like x 6
  16. sactown

sactown Walk On

Love the Preview. I hope to see this as a weekly thread. Good stuff .

• Like Like x 4
  17. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I would like to thank the 15 doubters for the motivation.... LOL, Jk. Great Game Jon, tough battle. Video recap coming soon, and you will all see the glitch in the matrix too....LOL..

• Like Like x 4
  18. Warhawk AKA dreadman

We played like shit... completely opposite of my pre-season(n) We were off on both sides of the ball..........Griffin 5 ints.... everytime I wanted to do something after a good play... we gave it away....Still got some work to do with leading my WR's and sticking to my game...but it was a good game Zo!!!! That glitch was crazy!!!!!!!!!

And why did they take highlights off of franchise... but have them in community games... that sucks!!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Good stuff!! Like that you used the naysayers as motivation ferocious ! We all know, especially in week 1, that anybody can get a W. Already looking forward to doing my week 2 matchup, hopefully I hit that one on the head!

• Like Like x 2
  20. CHUNKNESS

Jon, you know that you can lead receivers with the L analog stick, correct? Also, what is the "glitch" that you guys are referring to?

21. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Yeah Doug... I'm aware of the L analog stick... just have to make sure I press it all the way left.. right.. up... etc. The glitch... I went for a 57 yard FG at the end of the game on 4th down just to see where my guys leg was at... Zo went to a FG block return formation.. the ball was caught by Jackson in the endzone... not sure if it was called a touchback... fair catch or what....but the game gave me the ball back at the same spot with a fresh set of downs

• Like Like x 3
  22. CHUNKNESS

OK cool (leading receiver). WOW, that IS a glitch! I've noticed in the community that when I call the FG kick return, the game does not allow me to return the ball when it is caught in the end zone. I'm going to share your info in the TSO Madden NFL Football forum so that the TSO crew can bring it to EA's attention. Thx Jon.

LtJustice
    Michael Overman
    Perhaps we should do a couple of tests with the FG kick return in the test franchise to make sure that the incident described in Jon and Zo's game was isolated. If it is global problem we may need to disallow use of FG kick returns altogether in order to prevent the glitch from occurring.

• Like Like x 2
  23. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Thanks Jon!

Agreed, this warrants some testing.

• Like Like x 3
  24. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I've also noticed that when a pass is intercepted in the endzone the interceptor automatically takes a knee.

Juan Valencia

• Like Like x 1
  25. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Yes, that also happens. It happened to me 3 times.