Featured Game - Week 2

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Which Young QB Leads His Team to Victory in this Early Season Duel?

1. Russell Wilson - Seahawks

73.9%
  2. Colin Kaepernick - 49ers

26.1%
  1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

[​IMG]

The NFC West is said to be one of the toughest divisions in football. Why? Largely in part because of the two teams in our “Featured Game of the Week” this week, the Seattle Seahawks (LtJustice) and the San Francisco 49ers (Ninersfan80). Led by two of the youngest and exciting players in the league, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, both of these teams figure to be in the thick of things come playoff time. While we have seen Seattle have one of, if not the, busiest off-seasons regarding trades, the 49ers have taken a rather different approach; if it’s broke, why fix it?

In week one, we saw both of these teams come away with victories. The 49ers narrowly pulled one out at home against the Green Bay Packers, 28-24. However; aforementioned Colin Kaepernick looked very rattled in his first start of the season. Kaepernick finished the game 9 of 21 for a mere 125 yards with only 1 TD, and a whopping 4 INT’s. He, however; got plenty of help from his defense, who forced 5 turnovers themselves. It was just enough to allow the Niners to escape with a huge week 1 victory, but they know they’ll have to play better this week against a vaunting Seattle defense. The Seahawks, conversely, hung on against a tough Carolina team on the road to come away with their win, 27-24. In that game, Russell Wilson would struggle as well only hitting on 11 passes for 167 yards, no scores and two picks. Once again, it was the defense who won the game here. Holding the Panthers and Cam Newton to only 28 yards on the ground, the Seahawks forced Carolina to be one dimensional. Two of the leagues best defenses are in play here, so let’s take a look at the key factors in this early NFC West matchup:

San Francisco Wins IF:
    • They are able to get Frank Gore going right out of the gate and put Seattle’s defense on their heels early. They can’t allow Seattle to force them into being one dimensional like they did to Carolina.
    • Protect the ball. Protect the ball. Protect the ball. Kaepernick has got to do a better job passing the ball this week.
    • They eliminate the 12th man completely. Seattle is a top 5 venue of hardest places to play in the NFL. Sunday Night, Primetime, under the lights; the fans won’t need any extra motivation.
    Seattle Wins IF:
    • They stop the run. This will be a key for Seattle throughout the year. With Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson BOTH in the Seahawks secondary, that unit will be extremely difficult to pass on.
    • They get pressure on Colin Kaepernick. If the front seven of Seattle can force Kaepernick into errand throws and poor decisions, that should bode very well for the Seahawks as a whole.
    • They’re able to makeup for the loss of “Beastmode” Marshawn Lynch. Lynch was sent packing to Arizona in that deal for Peterson, and it’ll be interesting to see how the Seahawks backfield makes up for his loss.

Prediction: Last week I went with the home team Redskins, and that didn’t pan out so well. This week, however; I’m going right back to the home team. Sunday night, in Seattle, I don’t see the Niners coming out of there with a victory. Aside from that, Kaepernick appeared to be too shaky for me in week one. Going up against what could be the best defense in the league, I just don’t see him improving THAT much in one week. I look for Russell Wilson to play a little better than his two INT performance last week, and I think he comes away with a key win. Seahawks 35, Niners 17.

[​IMG]

What say you Q Nation?! Hit up the poll as well as give some comments as to how you see it going down!

• Like Like x 6
  2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I'm gonna go with the Seahawks in this one. This game can be brutal if you don't establish the run early and keep your foot on the gas. Holding a team like Carolina to only 28 rushing yards is no easy task and add in a superstar fueled secondary only spells disaster for opposing offenses. I think the only way to beat this Seattle team is to dominate in T.O.P. the less time Wilson has the ball the better.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great write up Loren! These have really been stellar thus far!

Oh yeah, thanks for the vote of confidence ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Great writeup again Loren. Im gonna go with the Hawks because I think they'll stuff the run and force the pass and as we see Jim has probably the best secondary ever in madden.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

damn 49ers were my squad last year....

looks like this one will be a defensive battle...and whoever can manage to have the least amount of turnovers will win.. I think the Hawks will be triumphant in this game but Wilson will have to be ready to perform a little better than Week 1 to get it done.

SeaHawks

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Thanks for the write up! Everyone keep going with the Seahawks, makes it better for me :).
    Horrible first game last week and looking to clean things up. It will be very interesting!

• Like Like x 5
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

These are great Loren! It's really cool that you get the rest of the league involved with your piece.

I'm going to go with the Seahawks defense in this one pecking Kaepernick apart. Good luck to both teams!

• Like Like x 2
  8. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

For us that know Jim, he is definetly blowing smoke up when he says Im gonna try, Im not that good, My team is what makes me dangerous.:LOL: LOL. So Im gonna go with the fearless Seahawks. The best CB duo in The Q at the moment, plus that daam monster defensive line.... Shit I better check if I play them Seahawks:eek:, might have to practice extra for that game.:nailbiting:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Wooo I got 2 votes! lol

10. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Sorry Jim lol Im gunna go with the 49ers that kid Keap is unbeatable if he is safe with the ball!

11. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

If it makes any difference, that was my count vote on the Week 1 featured game lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

20 min until kickoff!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

I vote niners, i cant break the streak of voting against jim this season

• Like Like x 1
  14. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

If Jim and the Seattle Seahawks can slow down the running game and that crazy option 49er run, they can pull out a close victory...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

What a game!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

17 votes to 4.

Yes I voted for myself! lol.

Thanks guys!!

17. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Game recap is up!

18. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Job Loren...Is it too early for me to be excited about these every week? LOVE IT

Loren is a great example of someone taking the ball and running with it (not running home with it...running with it)
    GREAT CONTENT

I would hope that Loren's ThaBayouChef ingenuity would spur on other owners to be creative and think of a way to give back to the league in the way of content or effort

Solidity Affirmed Loren!

• Like Like x 3
  19. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Precciate it Michael Overman !!!

Hopefully I can peg one of these soon! Two wrong predictions! Love how the "underdogs" are turning the vote count into motivation thus far though!!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Totally