Featured Game - Week 3

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 12, 2013.

?

*Pick Two* Who Wins this Monday Night Football Contest? Whose Fan is Scarier?

1. Oakland Raiders

10.0%
  2. Denver Broncos

70.0%
  3. Oakland's Skeletor

60.0%
  4. Denver's Barrel Man

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oakland Raiders (1-1) at Denver Broncos (2-0)

Welcome to Mile High Stadium for this week’s “Featured Game of the Week”! This week we feature our first AFC pairing, and an old rivalry revisited as the Denver Broncos (Phenom) get set to host the Oakland Raiders (Hulk_hagen_55).

The Raiders are now led by young QB Terrell Pryor, after he beat out former Raider, Matt Flynn, for the starting spot. Pryor, to this point; has had a rough go of it so far in the NFL as a starter. So far this year, through two games, he’s thrown 7 interceptions and has also been sacked 7 times. While the sacks may not entirely be his fault, one of his primary strengths is supposed to be using his feet to keep plays alive. And that certainly has not been the case. This week he faces a Denver defense who is giving up just 225.0 yards per game, and has forced 6 interceptions. Pryor will also face the young QB Brock Osweiler, who unseated the legendary Peyton Manning in Denver this offseason. Osweiler has led his team to two victories and is coming off an above average performance against the New York Giants. Osweiler went 15 of 22 for 209 yards and a TD in that game. What’s more is that Osweiler protected the ball and didn’t turn the ball over once. Mix that kind of play with a heavy dose of now Bronco running back Legarette Blount, this Denver team might cause havoc for the AFC West. As for this week’s game, let’s look at it:

Oakland Wins IF:
    • Terrell Pryor uses his legs to buy time in the pocket. Too many sacks for only two games through. Pryor has to become adjusted to the speed of the NFL, and fast.
    • They control the clock and keep the ball out of Brock Osweiler’s hands. Osweiler has great game management skills, and rarely makes a mistake.
    • They win the field position battle. Shorter fields for Terrell Pryor can only help. Forcing him to go 80+ yards on drives will, in my opinion, lead to more mistakes.
    Denver Wins IF:
    • Their defense continues to play lights out. These guys have jumped on almost every opponent error that they’ve came across. And their defense is definitely living up to the hype.
    • They stop the run, including the "Read Option" plays. Forcing Terrell Pryor into throwing the ball will only lead to more mistakes. If they get an early lead, it may be too tough for Oakland to overcome.
    • Julius Thomas is incorporated into their offense. Osweiler and “Orange Julius” have had great chemistry thus far. If they start clicking early, watch out.

Prediction: Here we go again. 0 for 2 on the season, so let’s hope this third time is the charm! Defense wins championships, Brock Osweiler wins games. I’m going with the “Barrel Man” and his Denver Broncos! Brock Osweiler is the truth, and let’s face it, Terrell Pryor has to prove me something before I go picking him! Couple that with the fact that Oakland’s D has given up more than double the yards Denver’s D has, I just can’t go with “Skeletor” and his Oakland Raaaiiidaahs. Denver not only wins, but cruises in this one, 42-13.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What say you Q Nation?! Hit up the poll as well as give some comments as to how you see it going down!

• Like Like x 8
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Broncos offense will be too much for the Raiders to overcome

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

We have another lopsided vote going so far! Doesn't bode well for the home team Broncos, or my pick!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great stuff Loren! Home team will win this battle. Good luck to both!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

pryor ity numero uno was to beat the broncos. Plus the 2 week trand for team performance is on the rise. 0-3 is gonna sting loren. We may play as ugly as the colleseums bathrooms but you wont eny it oncce i say scorboard after the game

• Like Like x 3
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

Raider's fans appear to already be tailgating for this one......Haha JK, Hulk. Good luck man!!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Impressive ThaBayouChef

[​IMG]

The Raiders fans scare me more...and I think Denver takes the home win...so far I'm 0-2 sorry for the kiss of death Phenom

• Like Like x 5
  8. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Raiders will make it a game but I think the Broncos pull away late....34-20.

ThaBayouChef awesome work man! It would take me a week to come up with this stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Good write up Loren!

I have to go with the broncos in this one.. They are clicking early as a unit and will continue the trend

• Like Like x 2
  10. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Nice job chef. Broncos big!

• Like Like x 2
  11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I gotta go with the home team here, but Skeletor is much better than barrel man!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Phenom

Phenom Walk On

Damn good write up Loren ThaBayouChef

Anyone can beat anyone any week and the Raiders are a talented team with a vet owner. So I'm expecting a close down to the wire battle with a fired up Raider team with a QB who now has a chip on his shoulder. Should be a fun one!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

The Oline in Denver is silly. Good luck trying to get a pass rush.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

well weve tried to play several times last night, for some reason there were timeout issues, but i feel that this matchup especially now that each of us has seen the other its a straight up Veteran Chessmatch style game.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

You can come to my house if you need to Aaron. I'm only 2.5 hrs away. ;)

16. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

ThaBayouChef you've created a monster with these. WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! (insert funny gif)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3