Featured Game - Week 5

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Sep 18, 2013.

?

Who Ya Got?

1. Seattle Seahawks

37.5%
  2. Indianapolis Colts

62.5%
  1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

[​IMG]

Seattle Seahawks (3-1) at Indianapolis Colts (4-0)

After a brief hiatus, we’re back in action for week 5 and ready to roll out this week’s “Featured Game of the Week”. Up to this point we’ve seen typical division rivals focused in our games, but this week we throw in a curveball. In fact, these two teams aren’t even in the same conference! That’s because we’ll find ourselves in Lucas Oil Stadium this week as the red-hot, undefeated Indianapolis Colts (thafuture3886) host the one loss Seattle Seahawks (LtJustice). While this is Indianapolis’ first featured game of the year, the Seahawks are coming off of one that they lost to their rivals, the 49ers. Will their fortune turn around? Or will the Colts be able to remain unbeaten and keep pace with the 4-0 Tennessee Titans for the AFC South lead?

Offensively from afar, these two teams look identical on that side of the ball. In fact there’s only an 8 yard differential in total yards gained between these two teams (Colts 1520, Seahawks 1528). While Seattle’s offense has been more geared towards the passing game, the Colts keep a very balanced attack as they have passed for 682 yards and rushed for 632 yards, respectively. Both of these young quarterbacks, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, can do it all. So these defenses will have to be able to contain and force each of them to be one dimensional. We’ve seen the young Wilson make some mistakes early on in the season when pressured. If the Colts can get to him early, they may be able to rattle him just enough for the long haul.

Defensively, this Indianapolis Colts teams is a juggernaut. They’ve forced 21 takeaways through only four games, and 19 of them have been by way of interceptions. Heck, just last week Vontae Davis had 5 of them in one game. Russell Wilson will be forced to protect that football and not make any costly mistakes. The same, however; can be said about Andrew Luck. He’ll have the unpleasant task this week of facing the most daunting secondary we’ve seen in a while. With Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson now manning the corners, they could arguably be the best unit that this young Colts offense has seen. It will no doubt be a battle when these two teams kick off, and predicting it is a toss up at best, but here it goes:

Seattle Wins IF:
    • They protect Russell Wilson up front. Indianapolis has 10 total sacks so far on the year, while Seattle has given up 5 offensively. They’ll have to win this battle in order to get the W.
    • They avoid Vontae Davis whenever possible. Davis has been an animal for the Colts. He’s a big part of their positive turnover differential.
    • Ronnie Turbin can balance their offense out. Turbin must have a good game against these Colts, IMO, for the Seahawks to have a chance of leaving Lucas Oil 4-1.
    Indianapolis Wins IF:
    • They continue to move the ball at will. The Colts have 45 first downs coming into this game. That’s an average of over 11 first downs per game. They can wear down teams, as well as own the time of possession battles with numbers like that.
    • Their red zone offense continues to impose it’s will. They’ve been down there 17 times this year, scored a touchdown 11 times out of those 17 and kicked 5 field goals. That’s 16 for 17 you knuckleheads, good for 94%. Impressive!
    • They force turnovers. It’s becoming not a question of if they’ll force an interception, but when. Twenty-one takeaways in four games, ‘nuff said.
    Prediction: Last time these Seahawks were featured in this game, I picked them. I promise this prediction has nothing to do with them letting me down in that prediction, but I have to go with the undefeated Indianapolis Colts in this one! I just can’t pick against them after looking at their compiled stats to this point. They’re just too impressive in some key areas, mainly in the trenches. They get after the opposing QB pretty well, while keeping their own standing upright. I wouldn’t be surprised if this one goes the other way at all, but I’ll say Colts 27 – Seahawks 17.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Well damn, didn't expect my game to be picked for game of the week lol. Good stuff as usual Loren. I'm voting for the Seahawks :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Colts by 14.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

F*ck yeah!!! Good one Loren!

Colts get handed their first loss of the season (sorry Curtis). Hawks by 3.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sactown

sactown Walk On

Seattle 28-20. sorry Curtis, I like the matchups of the Seahawks receivers vs the Colts DB's . I think the Seahawks are primed for the win this week.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Going to go with My division Foe 34-28 Lynch with a big day!

• Like Like x 2
  7. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Colts win 28-17

• Like Like x 2
  8. thafuture3886

Don't say sorry to me, I picked Seahawks too! Lol

9. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Lynch plays in Arizona now bruh! Ronnie Turbin the leading back now in Seattle.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Good call! I should remembered he ran me over in week 1 at Arizona

11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Aww shit, no pressure here.

Game of the week, I don't think I've EVER beaten Curtis, trying to stay with the Rams in the division....

I picked my Hawks, because Curtis already beat me to playing the modesty card ;).

• Like Like x 2
  12. thafuture3886

tied up 5-5..hope we can live up to the expectations LtJustice!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

I broke the tie dammit..... Davis cheating ass just had 5-6 picks in last weeks game and will continue to have a pro-bowl season if Jim...throws his way...... do not throw his way!!! Curt is a turnover making machine and gets good pressure on your QB to make you press any button and throw to the wrong WR.

The game genie will win this one thafuture3886 .. impressive stats to say the least..... All LtJustice can do is hope that Curt's daughter wakes him up and gets him out his zone!

Make no mistakes Jim and you can beat him!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

• Like Like x 3
  15. thafuture3886

I hope it's not illegal to run the ball every play because i am not throwing anywhere near Peterson and Sherman :D

• Like Like x 3
  16. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

BOLD PREDICTION: Seahawks edge Colts as Kam Chancellor forces a crucial fumble adding to SEATTLES 4 forced turnovers.

• Like Like x 3
  17. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Nice write up Loren...

• Like Like x 2
  18. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I have to agree..

• Like Like x 1
  19. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Lmao.... Sorry Curtis lol. Adam Schefter is a dick....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 2
  20. thafuture3886

It's the truth lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

*Let's go Seahawks*Let's Go Seahawks*!! Lol :whistle::whistle:

Edit: Just now saw the score. Didn't mean to rub it in at all thafuture3886 . Lol. If it makes you feel any better I get to go to Seattle this week. :banghead::banghead:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  22. thafuture3886

Good luck traveling to Seattle lol