Fever's All-Freshman team (Offense)

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Trying to pump some content back into this place....here are the top freshmen in the conference.

When ratings were similar I tried to go with the ones that would be getting more PT on their respective teams.
    QB
    1st Team - Brandon Blount - Memphis - 76 OVR
    Brandon takes the reigns at Memphis and brings a new dynamic to the Tiger offense as he's a dual threat. This kid has got skills and will likely be a 4 year starter if he'll stay the whole time. 84 speed, 88 agility, 90 elusiveness, and 84 throwing power with 81 accuracy. Also has 86 injury, so he should be pretty durable.​
    2nd Team - Ryan Anderson - San Jose St - 76 OVR
    Ryan won't see a whole lot of PT this year, but he's the only other freshman QB with solid ratings. He's got 84 throwing power and 82 accuracy. He's black, but he's slow. Still, in a couple of seasons he'll be a stud qb for the Spartans.​
    HB
    1st Team - Eddie Brown - New Mexico State - 73 OVR
    The highest rated freshman RB in the league, Brown is not exactly a speed demon (87 speed) and his 83 acceleration leaves a little to be desired. He's mid 70's in most of the RB attributes, and he's a solid freshman RB. He's the starting RB for the Aggies, so he'll put up better stats than the rest of the freshman backs in the conference.​
    2nd Team - Matt Jean - Memphis - 71 OVR (Redshirt)
    I had to fight my biases and put Brown in front of Matt, even though I like Jean better. Matt won't start, but he's got 91 speed and 90 acc, and he'll get a decent share of carries in Memphis' run-heavy system.​
    FB
    1st Team - Mitchell Roshaun - Kent St - 68 OVR
    Highest rated FB.​
    2nd Team - Joel Wesley - Middle Tennessee State - 67 OVR
    Hey, it's fullbacks. I didn't really look at all the stats. Just that these are the only 2 that are worth a crap.​
    WR
    1st Team - Freddy Butler - Kent St - 77 OVR
    This kid is a beast. 92 speed, 97 jumping, and 73 catch. He'll be Dylan's top target and should bring in monster numbers. Head and shoulders above any other freshmen wideouts.​
    1st Team - David Johnson - Akron - 71 OVR (Redshirt)
    This kid is the #5 WR for the Zips, but should still see quite a bit of PT in Nik's offense. 6'3 with 92 speed, 82 jumping, and 73 catching.​
    2nd Team - Sean Rogers - Middle Tennessee State - 71 OVR (Redshirt)
    The only other freshman wideout to crack the 70 OVR barrier, Rogers will be the #5 wideout for the Blue Raiders. 93 speed and 87 jumping, but his 66 catching is what led me to pick Akron's Johnson above him.​
    TE
    1st Team - Charles Quinn - Memphis - 79 OVR
    Easily the best freshman TE in the conference, Quinn weighs in as a 6'7 257 lb behemoth, with mad blocking skills and decent receiving skills. 79 Speed, 69 catch, 79 catch in traffic. But where he really excels is 78 strength, 78/79 in all RBS/RBFW/PBS/PBFW, 80 impact blocking, and 81 trucking. Quinn as a freshman TE is the best blocker Memphis has, and will probably be an integral part of the Tiger offense.​
    2nd Team - Shawn Means - Akron - 67 OVR
    The only other freshman TE that will get any PT whatsoever, Means is second on the depth chart for the Zips. 6'6 261, 78 speed, 64 catching, and low 60's in all block ratings.​
    LT
    1st Team - Evan Martin - UNLV - 67 OVR
    2nd Team - Michael Matthews - Akron - 66 OVR
    LG
    1st Team - Jake Love - 71 OVR - UNLV (Redshirt)
    2nd Team - Josh Lucas - 70 OVR - MTSU (Redshirt)
    C
    1st Team - Brad Clark - 56 OVR - UNLV (Redshirt)
    Feel bad even calling this guy "1st team" but he's their starter and the only freshman center that will sniff the field.​
    RG
    1st Team - Ben Bell - Akron - 65 OVR
    Starter for the Zips​
    2nd Team - Matt Burnett - Kent State - 68 OVR
    Best freshman guard in the conference, but he's buried at the #3 RG spot on the depth chart, so he probably won't see the field. Expect him to be back next year as he'll probably be redshirting this season.​
    *Ken Thomas, RG - SJSU - only other starter in the league, but he's a 46. So blitz that A gap against the Spartans.​
    RT
    1st Team - Eric Lawrence - Akron - 67 OVR (Starter)
    2nd Team - Caleb Robinson - Memphis - 68 OVR.
    Will redshirt this year and likely make another appearance next year.​

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Did I screw it up? I'm not seeing it.

Nevermind. I knew that. I put Spartans the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

good read. All my great frosh were in last years class. this year my best FR is a 66
    I bring in JUCOs

*goes and pays someone to hug QB Colt Hudson*

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

My HB Brown definitely a speedster but he is a strong runner. He's out for 6 weeks but I'm looking forward to having him for 4 years.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

3 guys on the offensive line! Hopefully they develop because they weren't so hot when I played ULM. I like the WR Johnson as well but he won't see the field to much this year as I've got a lot of upperclassmen with experience and my TE in front of him.