Few Reminders/Notices

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Few Reminders/Notices

Just want to take the time to say that I appreciate everyone working together to get their games in. Participation is coming from all corners of this dynasty and it shows.

With that said, wanted to key in on a couple of things:

- JMS has started to do the TF: Plays of the Month again. We have a lot of good, close games in this league. I want us to help him out by giving him plenty of material to work with. The project in itself is fantastic exposure for the site and our leagues, so it's a great community effort.

- I've noticed that the number of plays has sort of crept up a little. Be sure that when you guys are playing the computer that you aren't just running to the line and snapping it. Give a couple seconds to take a look at the defense, try and find mismatches and identify personnel before taking the snap. Not saying you have to run the playclock down to <:10 everytime, but just be concious of the game speed.

- On the same note, please attempt to run the clock out in the final minutes of a game like a real team would do. If you are up by three or four scores and half to punt with less than three minutes left, that's fine. I'm not saying to lay down and let the CPU keep the game close, but I just don't want to see TDs being scored on big yardage plays in the final moments of the game when you are up big. It hasn't been a huge problem, but I did see a couple of scores from the first two seasons that have these. I frequently look over all this stuff to make sure that we are maintaining some sort of balance.

- If you haven't noticed, we made a slight change to the sliders. All feedback is encouraged and appreciated. As our teams change, our needs for customizable CPU AI will change too. So making these adjustments ensures that we keep a realistic setup over several seasons.

- Content. Don't forget that we have dumped a lot of resources into having this feature available to us. I know I have slacked on my end for updating my team page, but any sort of content you can generate helps a lot. Even if it isn't about your team, I will encourage you to post something if you feel inclinded to do so. Say, for instance, that you wanted to do a recruiting round-up, or post vegas lines for a week packed full of UvU games or for the bowls; have at it. If you are confused or don't understand how to do something on the website, ask me. If I don't know, I will find out for you. Shaun is working on even more functionality with the website, so it wouldn't hurt for some of you guys to be familiar with the interface.

Just thought I would type these things up while I was thinking about it. Again, guys, thanks for everyone's efforts!!

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

T2: the Model Online Dynasty here....maybe we need to switch spots....

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i gotta start updating my page again... my ill write a freshman report about my first group..... humm......

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It's because i am not there(y)

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

im liking the new sliders, especially passing.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]