Fiesta Bowl Flop

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Cimmy24, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...e-prez-says-fiesta-bowl-decision-coming-soon/

So with the allegations against the Fiesta Bowl about to get the gavel, we could see a new BCS Bowl get announced. For those of you who don't know about what is going on with the Fiesta Bowl...

* Illegal campaign contributions
    * Giving free tickets to lawmakers

Reports say that the Cotton Bowl could become the next BCS Bowl....IF THE FIESTA BOWL IS DROPPED....I'd be all in favor of it, but hope it wouldn't take away from tradition. If the Cotton Bowl is in fact placed as the new BCS Bowl....IF THE FIESTA BOWL IS DROPPED....you would have to make it BigXII v SEC and NO AT-LARGE BULLSHIT.

Personally, may be a bit biased, but I would like to see a BCS Bowl get played in another part of the country. California, Arizona, New Orleans, Miami....those are the places that get the BCS Bowls now, how about bringing something north? Lucas Oil Stadium...Ford Field...Carrier Dome...Mall of America...hell, I'll even take the Edward Jones Dome.

2. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I'd love a BCS game at Lucas Oil Stadium, or anywhere in the north/midwest.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

One in the northern part of the country would be great.

I don't think they could do that effectively unless they gave the Sugar Bowl SEC slot to the Big East. Otherwise, you have a balance issue.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Exactly, which why I think everyone pulling for the Cotton Bowl to get it are ruining a good thing.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

That shit is coming to Cowboys Stadium. Makes the most sense $$$$ wise

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

^^^what he said...jerry jones and mark cuban are going to make sure this happens

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

If it happens, good for Jerry "F*****" Jones....I don't mind slamming all the blame on his soul when the Cotton Bowl has a Non-BCS or a Pac12 team playing in it because of an At-Large bid and ruining a college football classic.

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

No one wants to take a bowl vacation to Indiana in January.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Come on...he is just hosting the event in his stadium....lmfao. That's not his damn responsibility to make that right....

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Exactly. Would you rather go to Detroit, Indianapolis, or Phoenix in January? Kind of a no-brainer