FIFA 11 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Randiesel75, Sep 16, 2010.

?

FIFA 11 demo impressions

Poll closed Oct 1, 2010.
  1. After playing the FIFA 11 demo, I will be buying this game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. After playing the FIFA 11 demo, I will not be buying this game

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. The demo has not influenced my FIFA 11 purchasing decision

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

FIFA 11 demo impressions

The thread I posted yesterday is gone, so I will start it up again. In that time, I was able to get more matches under my belt. I am somewhere between 10-15 matches on the demo and like it more each time I hit the pitch.

The gameplay is still too fast, even on the slow settings, which is the same way I felt on FIFA World Cup. I prefer more of the build-up, and it is a bit tough as the CPU AI doesn't seem to back off. However, keeping in mind that this is a demo, I am in hopes that the final build will be tweaked.

The presentation is crisp and refined. As the progression from FIFA 10 to FIFA WC was, the same can be said in going from FIFA WC to FIFA 11. I particularly enjoy the new stats overlay that drops from the scorebar. This is a nice touch, in-game.

Overall, I am very sold on this game and this is a day-1 purchase for sure!

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im surprised you thought it was too fast. I played about 25 games last night. Thought it felt just right, sometimes maybe a bit slow. Had some good ones, and some bad ones. The jump they made from WC to 11 was great, and what I expexted. The pressure from the cpu varied. Some teams did it more than others. But yea....it was fun, ill be playing many more tonight.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah I didn't think it was too fast, but then again I've never really had a problem with the speed. I only play head-2-head, never against the CPU so IMO it all depends on your opposition. Most people just play ping pong football, but I dont think that will be overly effective this year with the 360 passing. Now, if you try to ping the ball with a destroying mid for example, his pass will be more likely to be errant. I play a pretty slow and deliberate style, and try to build from the back.

I'm enjoying the demo a ton--even more so now that I unlocked my beloved Arsenal! I am definitely feeling the differences in player styles which I like alot. I like that keeper play is better and that you really have to pay attention to matchups otherwise you get taken advantage of for pace or power.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

So it was much better than WC? If that's the case I'm going to be playing it way too much.. I thought WC was miles better than 10'. Going to download tomorrow once I get some free time although demo's usually piss me off with the two minute halves. Any news on how the TF leagues will be shaping up. I see on the fifa forums they have all kinds of league threads on there so hopefully the online leagues will actually have some depth this year.

5. AJ Hart MN

Arsenal is in the demo? Nice!!

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yeah, it takes me about 3 minutes just to build up, since I am very deliberate. The nice thing about the demo is the more you play, the more you unlock. I need 1 more unlock until I have them all.

7. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

I've only played 2 games on demo and honestly it feels a lot like 2010, I didn't play WC so no opinion there. I'll still buy it just to play in leagues here. I'll play the demo some more and see what happens...

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

9. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Ya the half times are too short to get a good feel for the game. you basically have to sprint down the wing every time to have a chance to not run out of time and put the ball in the net.

It seems a little smoother then 2010, I dunno if its a worthwhile purchase tho.

Ronaldo goal, it curved in which is hard to tell cause i couldnt figure out how to do a slow-mo uploaded replay http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/36551589

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I haven't played a soccer game since World Cup soccer on Game Boy, but I found this demo incredibly easy. The first game I played it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it, won 1-0. Then I learned the CPU AI was horrible and I started winning 6(+)-0 every time.

You can just get a pass into the striker and run right past the fullbacks.

The AI rarely took shots too. I didn't really look around but is there a difficulty setting somewhere?

11. AJ Hart MN

You probably have the settings on beginner.. Put them on experienced and they'll be tougher for ya. Don't get me wrong, the cpu AI on fifa is always quite bad.. even on legendary.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

After going back to WC after playing a lot of the demo, I am really starting to see the new Personality+ feature factor in. To me, this is most noticeable with my players first touch. In WC I would almost always be able to take a pass and then direct it perfectly in the direction I wanted to go. With the demo, not so much. The differential between skilled and lesser skilled players is really starting to become apparent now that I have gone back to the older platform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.