FIFA 11 Impressions

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Randiesel75, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yeah, but understood why he couldn't. Just found out my local GS will have a midnight release!

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm thinking about hitting up my 24hr walmart late tomorrow night.. Maybe we'll have some fifa action a bit sooner than we expected. (y)

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

The review made me happy to find the game has slowed down some. I was playing WC on slow, which still felt fast for me at times. I am going to give the normal game speed a shot with the first match. If not, its back to slow for me.

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

TF FIFA '11 Impressions Thread

So what are you guys noticing so far? I pulled off my first ever midnight release last night and was able to get in a few games. I played Ryno twice and tried to get in one with Randeezy bet we couldn't connect for some crazy reason.

The first thing I noticed was that the game speed was much slower. Against Ryno, he set the speed to slow, but I also played a ranked much under normal and noticed that it was much slower than last year. I've never had alot of complaints about the game speed but I can say that I do like what they've done in this area. It's hard to describe but the ball moves at a more realistic pace relative to the players on the pitch.

EA really did a good job with the Player Personality feature IMO. Ryno and I played Lyon vs. Atletico Madrid and we were both holding our breath every time Aguero got on the ball. He was noticeably quicker than everyone on the pitch and not just in a straight line either. He was difficult to contain in tight spaces and had a touch that was softer than a baby's bottom. They have also retooled the dribbling this season and there is finally some differentiation between the dribbling rating and the ball control rating. Last year, having good ball control pretty much meant that you could do all of the tricks in the book. Rainbows, elasticos, etc. Last night I played as Arsenal and Walcott and Fabregas were not able to pull these off. However Fabregas' ball control was SUPERB. When he got the ball in a crowd it was like the ball was stuck to his boots. Walcott, on the other hand, had the touch of a rapist, but if you could create or find him in space he had the burners to make defenders pay. Chamahk was a true target striker, using his size to throw off centerbacks and dominate headballs. On a personal note I can actually see myself giving him more run than Van Persie this season just because his style meshes well with my personal system.

Couple little touches I enjoyed:

I like how the squad doesn't always stay the same when you play a match.

I like how players interchange within the system and cover for each other. There were periods in my games where my strikers and even wingers would switch sides of the field to give the defense a different look.

The player models are AWESOME and give a true feeling of weight and strength. If you take a tiny player and try to go shoulder to shoulder against Gerard Pique, you are more than likely going to get WRECKED. Conversely, if you try aren't careful and try to run through Arshavin with John Terry without slowplaying him first, he will slip right by you and keep running.

Another cool thing is that the players can actually lose their balance. I hit Ryno with a fake cross and cutback and his defender actually fell to the ground when trying to mirror my cut. It was awesome to see.

That's all I got for now. I'll had more as I get a few more games in.

What are you guys seeing?

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

There are so many words that I have no clue what they mean......futbol....sigh.

8. Blaza

I'll coach you up brah! (y)

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Blaza, excellent post. The game is SICK !!!

What do I see? Well, it certainly hasn't been the light of day. Let's see, I too experienced my first midnight release with this title. I played until 3am (EST), then decided to call it a night. Woke up at 8am an started playing again. Besides doing my NCAA BYE week recruiting, this has been the only thing I have done all day. A few of us on here tried to get a club match in, but no one else was online (around Noon). And then I found Career Mode... WOW. This has sucked the entire day from me. I have been doing nothing but building up my VP player in Career Mode. You have 2 options - 1) play as the VP player, or 2) play as the entire team. Either way, on 10 minutes halves you can really build-up some solid points.

10. AJ Hart MN

Friggin love this game Blaza!!

Also did my first midnight release last night. Got a couple of games in. 1 against Randiesel and some random unranked match.. Didn't have a great feel for it yet. Played a bunch of be a pro matches today then a couple of matches against a friend and I was blown away. My buddy is a hell of a player and we had a fantastic game.. He was Man City and I was the Gunners. It was actually like a real futball game. Not too many great chances but my old boy RVP fired one home from about 25yds away in the 80th minute FTW!! My friend is very skilled with the skill moves but I was so impressed with how my defenders would hold their ground and not get burnt. I'll be up for some games later (around 9/10cst, my boy has a football game).

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sounds pretty fun... God I loved last year's and I think im gonna have to break down and get this one..

12. Blaza

Another thing I am loving about the game so far. With the increased size of the field and slower gameplay I feel like defensive play is even more important than its ever been. If you play passing lanes and read your opponent you can shut them DOWN offensively.

People that just try to play route 1 long ball all day long are in for a rude awakening. Your attack had better be varied and creative if you want to score against a good defensive setup.

13. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'm loving game play so far. and nice varieties in the game depending on who you're playing.

the new transfer system in manager mode is pretty cool and you feel like part of a bigger league as opposed to isolated like in the past. i especially like the email system and how you're advancing one day at a time - not one week.

only real pet peeve this year ... how do you take scouting out and not replace it with something? I'd be fine with doing away with how it was last year if it was replaced with an academy system or a youth team of some sort.

instead young players apparently just randomly show up on rosters and if you want to build through youth you need to go out and buy them. perhaps a bit more realistic if you're a big club. but there's no grassroots way to build a club now it seems.

also apparently there are guys playing until their 45 years old.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Anybody else using the GameFace feature this year? It seems they finally worked it out on the EA site and I was able to do a pretty realistic one of myself from my Mac (something I couldn't do last year)

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I was curious about peoples thoughts on these two games... Last spring and summer I was addicted to wc2010 online but mostly offline... Playing semi assisted on world class. On FIFA 11 I also play semi assisted on world class.

I just went back to wc2010 and tried to play an offline wc... The CPU pressure is insane.... Like completely unbearable. FIFA11 does not play that way with the same settings. Anyone else feel the same way? If I'm not mistaken, we are making progress with the gameplay of the FIFA series....

Now obviously career mode has been stripped and is atrocious online and offline, but let's just hope.

16. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I definately feel as though this game is an improvement over all past iterations. WC 2010 was an extremely fast paced title, I didn't feel like I could dominate a game defensively; I had to score plenty of goals to keep pace.

2011 has felt much more realistic to me on Slow game setting. It keeps me honest, most of all. I can be an over technician at times with the skill moves and such. 2011 I cant pull them off nearly as easily, making me more honest in my passing and movements. Less spectacular goals, but a more rewarding feel to the game.

17. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I prefer the presentation and atmosphere in the WC game. While 2011 has improved gameplay, its rather dull and I do not find myself immersed in the game as I was in WC.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I totally agree... the presentation and atmosphere is top notch... its just a bit too aggressive. I rented it on gamefly again because I never did win the cup with the US when I had it. I figured that I had improved enough to win it on world class, but two attempts now and still cant advnace out of group... ugh.

19. hedache

hedache Walk On

I've been fine with both. I never played WC offline, but online play was similar to 11. But I agree 11 is improved and that's how it should be. I really liked the ranked division style in WC. That was the most ranked online gameplay I played of all FIFA series to this date. Going up and down the divisions, and mostly playing people in that division was more fun.

20. AJ Hart MN

Loved WC10.. Was and is my favorite FIFA title ever.. All I ever did was play online though. Loved the Online WC, must have played well over 200 matches.. Nothing more satisfying than beating the piss out of Spain for the 3rd time in the WC with Mexico, Ghana or Nigeria. Also liked the ranking system hedache was talking about. It was cool to have cup rounds also when you would level up. It's kind of like real life cup rounds where you could have played a guy trying to get to division 1 or get to division 9. It was loads of fun!!

Sucks my game was ripped off but that's a different story :mad:

Another old FIFA game I loved was the EURO 2008 game.. Game also had fantastic atmosphere and I probably rank that as my second favorite FIFA title.. Maybe it has something to do with the spring release but for some reason both of those games are truly great in my eyes.. Can't wait for the EURO 12' release next year.. We should have some great tournaments with that. I will be picking it up for sure!!

21. hedache

hedache Walk On

You can buy the gold cup edition coming this spring, could be your new favorite title. :p

22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Haha... i have tickets to USA vs Canada @ Ford Field in Detroit. Really looking forward to the doubleheader that night. I have 50ish yard line tickets... I just wonder what squad we will roll with that night...

23. hedache

hedache Walk On

Jamaica v Guatemala and and Granada v Honduras games are at FIU here. Nothing that I'd be interested in seeing. USA is playing in Tampa, I might possibly drive to that game. I have plans of going to Boston for a weekend to see what's around and catching the Spain game though.

24. AJ Hart MN

You son of a.. :p

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Back to WC2010...

I am playing world class, semi assisted, and now on SLOW. The change to slow has made the game much more playable in my opinion. With that

With that said, most of the issues people have with FIFA is the pressure and tackling... What about turning it to slow for season 3? Any thoughts guys? If for no reason but to "test" the gameplay in advance of FIFA12 and the expected upswing in interest...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.