FIFA 11 Plans?

Discussion in 'TFL: Tradition Fútbol League' started by Basis4aDay56, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

FIFA 11 Plans?

I am definitely going to be picking up FIFA 11 after not getting 10 ( :( ). Just wondering what you guys are planning as far as Tradition stuff? Would there be a club league, where we all picked clubs and played a schedule? Would it be more tournament based? Would it only be club play as you guys did with your squad (playing as your own player, not as your own team)?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! :D

PS: Can I call Liverpool now? ;)

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Count me in on any FIFA 11 leagues... I wanna rock Aston Villa

If Im not mistaken, there is no online league option built into the game... correct?

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

There is a online lg option. There was a couple of leagues last year but I don't think either was finished. I'm all in as I have heard the game will be much more like the world cup game rather than fifa 10. Imo, the world cup game was by far and away the best soccer game since winning eleven 9 (the PES series). There are plenty of guys that play on here, although many only play clubs (which is argueably the best online feature of any game) . All you really need is a good core of about 10 to 15 to have a good league. Hopefully Mutt comes back or someone can take his spot as commish.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Count me in too fellas. Traded in FIFA 10 for FIFA WC and I'm still playing the darn thing after having NCAA 11 for about a month and obviously Madden, now.

FIFA 11 looks to have both the same (if not better) engine that ran WC with the added depth of a typical FIFA title. I'm picking this up on release day (9-28-10), so keep me posted on any movement with this.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yea, after being a 20 year madden player and playing NCAA ever since it was Bill Walsh College Football, I just starting play FIFA this year and it is a great game. It's fresh and the gameplay is so tight and balanced. It would make for a perfect online league.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

My progression with EA was the same. After playing EA titles all these years, it seemed like a no-brainer to pickup their #1 selling franchise. And its not easy, definitely a steep learning curve as there are so many things you can do on the pitch. I'm still tweaking my custom tactics to learn more of a possession game with slow buildup (vs. aggressive attacking and constantly running).

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i honestly don't know anybody that gave FIFA try in the past few years that didn't end up playing the shit out of it. Including a friend of mine who was one of those "soccer is for fags" types.

Has anybody heard anything about online leagues this year? Are they adding any depth to it, ala an Online Dynasty, or is it still just basically a tournament that you restart when its over?

also depending on how the custom team system fleshes out, we might be able to do a real league via editing rosters. that'd be pretty fun.

8. BlyGilmore

btw little more than a month before the game comes out. can't wait.

apparently the release date got moved up to the last week in Sept. from early October to make room for an MMA game or something).

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

As a release day FIFA guy for 15+ years, I can safely say that it is my favorite series of all time.

It's the one game I can pick up every year and know that I won't be disappointed.

10. AJ Hart MN

It's nice that us yanks get the game before Europe this year. Believe me, after talking to some of my friends from across the pond, they're none to happy about this.

About the online leagues. I have always thought how cool it would be to have around 20 or so guys from the big 5/6 leagues in an online dynasty format.. I think it would be great to have 4 guys from each league battling it out and then move on to the champions league to face the other members for the chance to become kings of Europe. This has to be possible you would think. It's not in the game this year however, maybe next year hopefully. Many people from the Fifa forums have been banging the developers about this, hopefully they will listen at some point.

I also hope they revert back to the online club setup of a couple of year's ago. I really didn't like having a virtual pro that you had to build up. Being a strictly online player, I never wanted to take the time to go through all the be a pro seasons and whatnot. Another issue I had with the virtual pro last year was that my game always froze during club games. It just ruined all of your achievements during said game. I'm not going to forget the game when I had just scored a hat trick and about 3mns later my game froze.. I restarted the game and came to find out my goals were erased and it gave me a match rating of 5. Needless to say, that was my last club game I played.

Like Blaza, i'm also a release date guy and the fifa series is my favorite.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The Be a Pro mode is the best sports gaming mode out there and rivals the Online dynasty for NCAA. You can get almost all of the acheivements by playing online clubs, so there really is no need for playing offline if you didn't want to.

I would really like to get 20-25 guys in the clubs system and have two teams to play against. It sucks playing 4-5 months after release when all that is out there on the internet is extremely good teams who will just slaughter you. Hopefully they change the rankings system where you can't just take three really good players, form a new team and get matched up with lesser skilled teams.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm a huge NHL guy, not sure about you. But you would say the BaP mode in FIFA is as good? I've heard FIFA carries a bit more depth. But with NHL 11 around the corner and a promised better BaP mode, could be neck and neck.

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

From my understanding there won't be an online Manager Mode this year. I know they are changing the name of MM to something else, but either way, I don't believe that we will get that mode.

However, PE 11 is going to support online leagues. I have never played PE, so I'm not sure how that would go. I love the gameplay of FIFA, so who knows.

I do have PE11 on my gamefly list, so I will at least give it a quick run.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I used to be a hardcore PES (winning 11 back in the day) guy until FIFA 10. FIFA 09 was a step in the right direction, but I wasn't willing to leave PES for FIFA until they perfected the Be a Pro mode last year.

15. AJ Hart MN

I didn't know that about PES11, i'm going to have to check it out.. Like Drifter, I used to be strictly a winning 11 guy until I picked up the 360 and read that fifa had surpassed it. The only problem with PES is that they're not fully licensed. I'm not sure if that's still the case but that has been the major flaw in that series. Some people now say PES is too much of a arcade game but I haven't played in years, strictly a fifa guy now.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Which is sort of funny to me. FIFA is the one that always felt like the arcade. I can't remember which year it was, but I rented FIFA and on the hardest difficulty I scored like 26 goals or something. It was just loopy.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

When I used to work for game crazy, we played PES all the time. It is, in my opinion, more of a SIM soccer game than fifa. I did hear good things about the world cup game though.

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

If PES has an online league this year, I would love to play in a league here.

19. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

down for a club league for sure. One question do they have Copa Braseliera? or is it just European?

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

PES is just about fully licensed now, thats no much of an issue. The issue is, that FIFA has surpassed it. Its far more deep than PES ever was as far as game modes. In all honesty all the PES does better is its version of MM.

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

There is a very nice FIFA 11 video clip over on the OS website for anyone interested.

22. BlyGilmore

got an email from EA today hyping the game. didn't realize they added keeper controls this year ... so club games can actually be 11 on 11.

23. Blaza

What are you guys' thoughts on running a Super Liga type deal? I'd love to do a Premiership only league, but depending on numbers, we may have some guys with considerably lesser teams. Although, this year the EPL is much more wide open with squads like Man City, T*ttenham Spuds, Aston Villa, and Liverpool all looking stronger.
    IMO, this would only work if we had extremely committed owners and scheduled advances with minimal exceptions.

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

my FIFA plan is to put a Tottenham foot right up Blaza's Gunner ass...

25. Blaza

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.