FIFA 13 Club Tactics

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Timpegoose, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I know we had one for 12, but I figure we can start fresh for 13. Here's the one big thing I think we need to work on, we especially struggled in the last 2 or 3 games with it. When we get the ball on the wings for a cross, here's a crude picture of where we should be:

Crossing Tactics.png

Since that probably looks confusing as all get out, I'll explain it by position. The white line is the ball being crossed in by the way, and the right mid is the one crossing it :)

ST/CAM - These should be the 2 making the runs deep into the box. It doesn't matter who goes far post and who goes near post, there just needs to be somebody at each spot, and they need to be spaced decently.

Backside Mid - This would be the left mid in this case. I know Drifter differs a little bit in opinion here, but we can tweak as needed. The backside mid should be sitting right on the backside of the box waiting for an arrant cross or a bad deflection out wide.

Backside Defensive Mid - Needs to step up to just outside the top of the D and clean up any garbage that comes out. 75% of the balls we cross in are going to end up coming back out to this space. If we can get there first it eliminates a TON of counter attacks.

Ballside Defensive Mid - Should pinch middle just in front of the center circle and act as another layer in case the ball gets cleared deeper. Sliding middle should also take a defender with him and open up the space for the ballside outside back to provide support and have some space.

Ballside Outside Back - Should be providing support for the crosser, either directly behind for a straight drop then early cross or more towards the corner of the box if that space is there. I really like that run to the corner of the box if its open, but we NEVER play that ball there. Its a dangerous spot to have space, and opens up a lot of options when we get it there.

Backside Outside Back - Needs to pinch in to the middle and almost act as another defensive mid. If they do counter, by the time the ball makes it all the way back to that side of the field and they start attacking it should be plenty of time to get back. Again, if we get to that ball off a clearance first it eliminates any counter attacks.

Center Backs - If they're playing 2 forwards, man up and don't get beat deep. If they're playing 3, split the difference and shade more towards the ballside of the field. If its only 1, pinch him off and don't let him touch the ball.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I appreciate this. It helps me understand what I need to be doing.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think we need to look at that pass to the corner of the box that you are talking about. I think it could be really dangerous if we would get the ball there- especially if someone that can pass well from there gets it.

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This helps a lot so thank you Timpe! I will try to remember this the next time we all play

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Timpegoose I have been playing a lot of drop in games the last few nights been on the winning and losing end but one thing I noticed is that on runs to the outside the CAM and ST's are sprinting with the defenders making it easier to mark the 1st couple of guys in the box. What is tough to defend is the guys who are lagging behind who do not have the backers attention. They for the most part are wide open for a good cross. Now I am not suggesting loading the box but for the opposite RM/LM to wait for the strikers to make a run then run into open space.... I also think we need to work on what we do with the ball in the midfield what is our objective run down the wing, switch it up, go down the middle, who should be calling for the ball. Thats the hardest part of this game as individual players we know what we want to do but we are not communicating that to others until the pass is already sent. Call plays maybe... work it down one side if it doesn't work work the other side lets have a plan going into a game and if it doesn't work switch it up at halftime...

6. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Bump this