FIFA 14 PS4 League - Defunct

Discussion in 'TBD - PS3 FIFA 14 League' started by WingedHelmet, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Post here for any extended (1+ weeks) away from home.

2. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Rules and Guidelines
    Standard Tradition Sports Online rules and sportsmanship guidelines are in effect.

If you are interested in hardcore, no holds barred, win at all cost FIFA gameplay, this is not the place for you. Therefore, we do not expect to see:
    • 100% aggression tactics (constant defensive pressure entire match)
    • exploitation of known glitches
    • custom set pieces and custom formations
    • unsportsmanlike conduct (running up the score late, uncalled for slide tackles, etc.)
    If you have specific questions and/or would like to report another member, please seek guidance via PM.

League Settings
    • Online Friendlies (home team invites visiting team)
    • Team Level: Any
    • Half Length: 10 min
    • Controls: Manual/Semi-Assisted
    • Defense: Tactical Defending
    • Game Speed: Normal
    • Squad Type: MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE LATEST ROSTER UPDATE
    League Structure
    At its onset, the PS4 FIFA '14 League will have no fewer than eight and no more than 12 teams.

Tiebreakers
    All ties in the standings will be decided by the following criteria: PTS > GD > F > A.

Content
    As is standard in all TSO leagues, we strongly encourage game summaries to accompany match results. This is your chance to be creative, add original user-generated summaries, team specific pages, weekly league recaps, players of the week, team-specific twitter accounts, etc.

League Schedule
    The season consists of each club playing each other twice on a home-and-away basis. The F14L fixtures will be created at the beginning of each season. Each club manager is expected to play a minimum of 2 matches per week. The match week will be opened weekly on Wednesday, and managers will be expected to complete their matches in a week’s time.

Each club manager will be expected to schedule their matches with their opponent by posting in the current weekly fixture thread. As we follow a hard advance policy, each and every fixture remains open for the duration of one week. Once a fixture has expired, that thread will be locked and the next fixture is released in a new thread. Any unplayed matches at the end of each match week will be recorded as postponed.

Postponed Matches
    Should there be any unplayed matches when the weekly fixtures expire, they will be marked as postponed in order to allow advancement. Postponed matches will be recorded in a separate thread and made up on a rolling basis throughout the season. Matches that are still postponed after 2 weeks will be marked as cancelled (Matches are open for 3 weeks total). If there are postponed matches one week after the end of the regular season, they will be recorded as canceled. A match is not considered complete until the result has been posted.

Canceled Matches
    If a canceled match affects the outcome of a title, the game can be re-opened at the end of the season.

Unplayed Matches
    If a manager accumulates 3 unplayed matches in a given season, that manager will be removed from the league for that season and allowed to return the next season. If a manager is twice removed for unplayed matches, that manager will be permanently banned from the league.

Keep in mind that by joining this league, you are expected to be able to complete 2-3 games per week (depending on league schedule). If this might be a problem, please contact me via PM. We can and will accommodate for extensions, as long as you alert your commissioner in a timely manner.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
    There are two situations designated "unsportsmanlike conduct:"

1. Unbalanced Scorelines: Games that finish with a goal differential of 5 or more goals will be automatically reviewed. This decision will rest in the hands of the losing team. Based on this information, a final decision will be made.

2. Manager Complaints: If a manager feels their opponent played in an unsportsmanlike manner, they will be asked to send a PM to me detailing any unsportsmanlike incidents, and a ruling will be issued.

Any post game data will help the management team in making a disciplinary decision. For example, pictures of game play metrics (tackle charts/stats, halftime splits, 15-minute PS4 video-recording) would help provide a clearer picture of the issue at hand.

Match Rules
    There is no extra time and/or penalties in the F14L. All matches that end in a draw after full time are recorded as a draw. Capturing results requires the away team to quit in order to give adequate time to the home team to record stats.

Match Results
    Unless previous arrangements have been made, It is the responsibility of the winning manager to post the match results in the designated match results thread. In the event of a draw, the home team is responsible for posting the match results. The match results consist of both goals and bookings. Your official match report MUST include the following information:
    • Match Events (Goals, Assists, Clean Sheets, Man of the Match)
    • Shots (Shots on Target)
    • Possession
    • Tackles
    • Discipline (fouls and cards)
    • Offsides
    • Corners
    • Suspensions served (if applicable)
    Please use the following format:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    3 Goals 1
    6 Shots 11
    3 SOT 6
    57% Poss 43%
    15 Tackles 23
    0 Fouls 3
    1 Corners 7
    0 Offsides 1

MOTM
    K. Nolan (8.7)

Match Events
    :goal:A. Carroll (16') :assist:M. Noble
    :goal:A. Carroll (36') :assist:K. Nolan
    :goal:V. Ibarbo (38') :assist:D. Conti
    :goal: K. Nolan (66'):assist:M. Jarvis​

Manager Changes
    If a manager decides to leave, there are 3 possible scenarios:
    1. If the manager leaves exactly halfway through the season, the team is vacated and no more games are played
    2. If the manager leaves before the halfway point in the season, the team will be vacated, all games played will be wiped from the record, and a replacement manager will be assigned.
    3. If the manager leaves after the halfway point in the season, the team will be vacated and all games played after the halfway point will be wiped from the records.
    Clubs
    All F14L club selections are based on a 4-star and under cap. All team rosters are based explicitly on the current EA Sports FIFA rosters available via download. Be sure to download the latest roster update every Friday afternoon.

Team Selection Draft
    At its onset, the F14L will hold a team draft based on a random draw. Once the draft has started, each team will have a 24-hour window to draft a team. If a manager fails to select a team within that window, they will be skipped and can make a selection at any time.

Following season 1, any managers who wish to hold on to their current teams may do so, and will be removed from the team draft. Managers who are forced to change teams will be given priority in the draft. After those managers have chosen, the remaining managers will be drawn at random to determine draft order.

Forced Team Change
    If a manager is forced to leave a club due to an increase in star rating or removal from the game, that manager earns right of first refusal to that team. When that team becomes eligible for F14L play, the manager holding the rights can either (1) Take the team, retaining right of first refusal, or (2) let the team go, losing right of first refusal. A manager can only retain right of first refusal to one club at a time.

How often should I check the Tradition Sports Online forums?
    Preferably every day, or as often as you can. All match scheduling, stat tracking, and important league announcements are posted in the F14L forums.

The website also tells us the last time you've logged on and the last page you were viewing, so if we see you haven't checked in a few weeks (or longer), we may assume you have abandoned the league without notice.

What if I am going away for an extended period of time without access to my PS4?
    Post the dates and any important details in the Vacation Thread. Don't worry about your games while you're gone, they will be marked as postponed and will reopen upon your return. If you feel you will be unavailable for longer than 3 weeks, contact your commissioner and arrangements will be made.

How do I download the latest rosters?
    Since we use Online Friendlies to play all F14L matches, you will need to make sure you have downloaded the latest weekly roster update. To do so, follow these steps:

Customize FIFA > Edit Teams > Change Squads/Rosters > Download Updates

After you update your rosters, you will be able to set and save your preferred lineup in the Team Management screen. That way you will not have to rush to set it up pre-match.

How do I set up my F14L match with my opponent?
    All games are set up as online friendlies

What should I do if I get disconnected from my opponent?
    There are no hard rules for disconnects. Ultimately, it is up to the two managers involved to come up with an agreement on how to complete the match. Below is a set of guidelines to help you determine the best course of action:
    • Early disconnect with 0-0 score: restart match
    • Early disconnect with score: restart match OR re-create goal at proper time and continue match
    • Disconnect at/near halftime: keep the score, replay one half adding +45' to all match events
    • Late disconnect: depending on time/score, replay a half OR agree to end match
    Should an agreement be unreachable, PM me and I will make a ruling.

What are the required controller settings F14L play?
    Auto Switching: Personal Preference
    Auto Switching Move Assist: Personal Preference
    Passing Power Assist: Off
    Pass Assist: Manual
    Through Pass Assist: Manual
    Shot Assist: Semi
    Cross Assist: Semi
    Lob Pass Assist: Manual
    Save Assist: Semi
    Analog Sprint: On
    Defending: Tactical

How much defensive pressure is too much?
    There is no set rule on defensive pressure, however seasons-type tactics in which R2 is held for the duration of the game is unacceptable. When your opponent has the ball in his defensive third, following a "three second rule," you may apply soft pressure with one defender only. As he enters the middle third, you are free to defend as you wish with the exception of the aforementioned constant R2.

How do player card suspensions work?
    Let's say your player accumulates 2 yellow cards after Matchday 4 in Match Week 2 (4-6). He would be suspended for Matchday 5. If your player accumulates 2 yellow cards after Matchday 4, and that is the last match you complete in the Match Week, your player would be suspended for the first match played in the next Match Week (Matchday 7 in this example).

What should I do when I can beat a guy 12-0?
    Don't. If you are clearly better than your opponent, here are some suggestions:
    • At 3-0, set your team tactic to ultra defensive
    • Back off. Stop pressing to tackle and play the passing lanes instead.
    • Change formations. Move to a 5-4-1 or other defensive sets.
    • Use your subs. Take off your best players and sub in lower OVR or more defense-oriented players.
    • Offer to help. Give your opponent non-patronizing feedback after the match through site PMs.
    What if I can't help myself from scoring? Isn't it boring to just pass it around? This is a pussy league! I don't care about feelings. I am in X number of other leagues and I hate this league.
    If you find yourself making these comments, then you need to ask yourself if you fully understand the mission of TSO. It's adult, it's sim, it's about community. If you're only concerned about your W-L record, go play head-to-head matches somewhere else.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  3. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Post in this thread if you're interested in joining...

4. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Alright all. With the help of RedAL925, we're officially off the ground on our PS4 league. The forum space is here. Rules are very similar to TFS (and, in fact, were in large part copy/pasted from here).

Looking for at least eight to get started. So if you're interested, post in the New Member Sign Up thread. If any of y'all wanna help on the commish side of things give a holler.

CxMacx10
    rschwep

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Never done a Fifa league before, but I'm interested in getting in on this.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

For the record, this league's main purpose is to assimilate new PS4/FIFA users to our style of play, in anticipation of our eventual merger for FIFA 15 on PS4. Any events run on PS4 during FIFA 14 will NOT be considered "official" TFSerie events.

Thanks to WingedHelmet for getting things started. Hopefully we can get a lot of new members in early, and have an absolutely epic FIFA 15 league

7. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Cool. I'll put you down.

8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'm interested. I know nothing about soccer really though - but I've heard FIFA is great and I got a ps4 so why not.

Put me down as a maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

I might be interested, weighing up my options on leagues. But I should let you know as soon as I get the PS4 sometime in a couple of weeks.

10. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

Awesome. I have a few friends who made the switch to PS4 from 360 who may be interested. Ill try and get them over here.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

Obviously in

12. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Word.

13. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Hah. Get out of here with that. We all know you're in ;)

14. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

FIFA is a real fun game. We'd love to have you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I'll pick this up soon, I'm in.

16. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

pissed I didnt preorder the console, no where to be found!!

17. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

Post again after you've picked it up. We'd love to have you.

18. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

We won't start until after Thanksgiving, likely well into December. Give a holler when you get it.

19. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

Ive been calling some stores and they seem clueless as to when shipments are coming.
    One rumor was Dec. 22?????

20. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

GameStop says they have 2.3 million backordered. Best Buy says they're getting more inventory next week.

21. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Ha, I'm in another European based league (not sure if they're going PS4 or sticking with PS3 for a couple more years) and in a Canadian one (with 5 star teams, 4-4.5 and 3.5 and under, league is amazing). When would the league be starting? Might not be able to pick mine up until halfway through December or the latter parts of December.

22. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Not sure about a league, but would love to get some friendlies in with you guys.

PSN: BlazaRep.

23. WingedHelmet

WingedHelmet Walk On

We'll start whenever we get enough members, but there's no rush. I'd rather start a single time with a group of dedicated members than have to scrap the whole thing because three randoms up and quit after two weeks. Definitely not until after Thanksgiving.

Bring your crew over here, then we'll be good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  24. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Count me in.

TFS would take precedence if there were any scheduling conflicts though.

• Like Like x 1
  25. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

Called a target just now and they said they are getting some for Black Friday.....not sure if I want to get up at 5 am
    can the current version of fifa be played on ps4??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.