Information FIFA Pro Club Tips

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by MoonBBad, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

2. MoonBBad

Another highlight video of one of their strikers. I love their ball movement.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Man I hope we never , ever play those guys :eek: lol

my thoughts .....

1. We would need to change some of our pro's to be fast & control that ball better to employ some of these tactics
    2. We would need to really focus, and practice on not crossing the ball it
    3. I would love it if we played defense that succesfully that high on the pitch, would make keeping pretty easy.
    4. One touch passing is pretty critical to make those type of runs, we would need to work on that too
    5. Honestly, I sometimes prefer just defending break aways better than multiple crosses & turnovers right in front of me. I can attest that 3 guys on a run making that extra pass or even 2 extra passes will kill me. It is near impossible to defend those as a keeper, as where the AI helps you more with crosses and shots from longer range.

I say we give this a go (y)

maybe first time out we just work on making multiple short ground passes & runs like that , try to avoid the cross as much as posible. I know from fixing my golf swing that you have to go to extremes to meet in the middle so to speak, so lets try to have almost zero crosses.

4. MoonBBad

1. Not necessarily
    2. Yep
    3. Yep
    4. Absolutely
    5. Exactly

We were playing last night and working on some stuff. We won some games, lost some games, but to be honest, I was happy with us in defeat. We were creating some excellent chances. There were just times in our attacking third where we held the ball a second too long, or didn't make that one extra pass, etc. If we can get past that, continue to be unselfish with the ball, and finish our chances, these tactics are awesome and they really work. The defense is also key. Keeping that high line, and getting the midfielders and sometimes forwards back to pressure the guy on the ball really helps. Once we win the ball back, with a pass or two we're off on a quick counter and it's very effective.

There were some times where we forced some crosses where we could have cut it back and created better chances. We had some guys miss some open netters as well which hurt us. Overall it was better last night. I am going to keep driving these points home till they click and will do my part to be more vocal. Thanks for watching the video Dan and I am glad you saw some benefits from looking.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah man I know we all come to TSO to have fun and be good sports, etc.

But man am I sick of the fucking loosing !:mad: lol , dear God reminds me of when my mom could only fit my little league into her schedule for a few years and I was always on the worst little league teams :( I love playing with you guys, clubs is honestly the most fun I have gaming , I love being part of a team , and I know some of us have got to be frustrated with our results. Lets try to evolve here and get some wins.

Also sorry I bounced last night, did some gaming with some old friends I had not played with in a while. Hope the CPU keeper didn't go full retard on ya

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Ya, as a user keeper, there's like a 95% chance to stop any regular shot from pretty much anywhere. Unless it's a short pass in the box or a cross, it's very tough for the other team to score.

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah I feel I can handle 90% of break aways, about 75% of corners / crosses , but when somebody makes that extra ground pass late its like I have zero chance and it kills me.

Honestly I feel like being a keeper is like knowing a secret lol , it's honestly not so hard once you learn how to make the AI work for you. To me its like 60% finding out what shot the guy wants to take & which foot he is before he takes it , 20% moving properly , 10% virtual pro rating , and 10% Drifter not yelling at you :D

8. Wick36

Ya, I thought we did a pretty good job of passing up top in the beginning, especially he first game. As the night went on I don't think we did quite as well, but were still moving it around more than normal.

We need to work on the runs as well, make sure they're into open space and we still have dumps.

9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Awesome!

DEFENSE
    I would love for us to "PRESS" or high pressure defending as they say in the video.
    I'm sure we have enough tactically savvy players to pull it off but I'm sure everyone has probably heard me say "press" "press"...this is what I'm talking about.
    Also many of our guys are always asking for tactics to be set to defensive - this is the opposite of what they do in the video.
    They dont want their D way back they want them up high making it difficult for the other team to transition into their attacking third.
    The basic principle is to defend as far away from your goal as possible so if you F it up you have time/space to recover.
    It also create great counter-attacks.

Free Kicks - love their short pass free kicks! Making the shot directly is damn near impossible. I can only remember us scoring one and I've played over 400 games for our club.
    If the best team uses them thats a big hint.... who is ready for some short free kicks??? me me me!

Attacker positioning!
    This is funny because again I hear our guys bitching about staying spread out. I feel like saying I told you so - flooding and having guys work together in close support is what works and what this team in the video uses.

the extra pass in front of goal.
    Moon has mentioned this and it just takes practice. Shit last night there were a couple times I shot the ball only to wish I had made one more pass in the box.
    It a habit I'm going to make a huge effort to develop - that extra pass means tap in goals -I love it!

I'd also recommend everyone making their guy smaller.
    Messi is 5'5" - strikers and middies shouls all be 5'5" and fast as hell.
    Defenders I'd go 5'7"-5'8" outside backs and 5'9"-6' center backs so everyone is faster! CPU defender will be bigger and help win headers.

Speed kills!

We lose way too much - lets try this shit out.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

we play SOOOOO much better with those quicker passes and working the ball to the middle vs cross after cross after cross. If only I had not given up a shitty goal in cup final last night :(

11. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i agree - we've done some of that much better i love it - we'll get good at it just in time for 13

12. Wick36

Short free kicks are probably the best bet if there's a user keeper. I can make the cpu ones like 50% of the time if it's relatively close. I think I've had 2 chances against the cpu guy, one of them would've been a goal but a guy just got to the back post in time, other one missed the post by < a foot.

The "spread out" type of comments come when people are making the same runs or we have 2 guys being covered by 1. We also usually use a 4-3-3, and with the way we run it, you want a lot of space to operate.

I'm not making my guy 5-5 damn it. At 5'10-6' I don't feel like a douche, I can win headers in the midfield and occasionally in the box, and I don't get knocked on the ground constantly.

13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

thats not how i coach my state championship nationally ranked teams...

ex:

if the ball is on the right my right forward checks to the ball, my center forward runs diagonally into the right corner, and my left forward runs into the middle becoming the center forard -- so we always try to have 3 forwards on the same half of the field in close support - like the video! :)
    It's also the same 3 front attack I learned from Dorrance at UNC while working for him during the summers at team camps teaching the Carolina way.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  14. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I love the way they play but we are missing one HUGE part of this equation for it to even work. That part being communication, nobody tries to give the guy with the ball and idea of what they are doing with their runs or if someone is really open that they aren't seeing ect ect. Basically I feel that if you give the guy with the ball an option of just, "you got me down the line" or "hey you got me in the middle if you need it." it would go a long way for our teamwork.

I really like what he was talking about as far defensive pressure and that every attacker needs to be disciplined by covering a man and not just chasing the ball. It's so extremely important to getting easy counter attacks for goals and good defense always results into easy offense.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We used to do that a lot. People seem to be more interested with saying pointless shit the whole time.

If I ever get the time, i want to edit the video I've captured to show people what they are doing wrong. What the difference between a good run and a bad run. What spacing is, etc.

16. CalebMackie

Yea I mean it's extremely hard for me to make a run for a person when they just dribble silently for like 10 touches... I mean to begin with most people should know that you really should play 3 touches then look for pass/shot since that's just good soccer to begin with but when someone just runs down the line and I'm wide open I don't know if they're trying to take it up or they just can't make a decision for themselves.

17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It's a part of the learning process. It's very difficult to play as a team when we don't do it often, people are in different positions all the time and we don't use the time we have together effectively.

I put up an idea about practice mode for online clubs. Vote that shit up! http://www.easports.com/gamechangers/ideas?campaignId=27784

18. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

the reason why that #1 club in video is #1 is because all their pros are maxed out and they have all bought into a system of play

the reason we dont win much is because almost none of our pros are maxed out and nobody has bought into a system of play

-half the people hate whatever formation we play
    -half the people don't like what position they play
    -half the people don't agree with the tactics [flooding, spacing, pressing D, passive D, etc]
    -half the people are multitasking while they play FIFA [chat box, phone, texting, etc]
    -half the people don't have a clue about soccer and various ways to play and the roles of the positions - thus they don't talk either because they don't know what to say
    -half the people's pros suck and we usually put them all on defense - so they give up dumb goals and their pros suck at passing and working the ball up the field
    -half the people have their own agenda and don't really care what the team does, as long as they get their rocks off attempting moves and crazy shots

our current overall record boasts a 37% win percentage :doodie:

518 games played
    193 wins
    31 draws
    294 losses

19. CalebMackie

We need to start putting guys in the position they will play best in and not let them play where ever they please because they started the club you know? I mean last night when I got on CAM for one game I felt like there was so much better chemistry in our line up... Sorry if I'm stepping out of line but you guys want to start winning so I'm just trying to add to a winning formula.

20. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i like you there... i thought you, drift, and myself had a little thing going the other night - we combined for 3 goals in one game with 3 different goal scorers, all off several passes in the build up

next year id love to see :

FIFA Cup Night : anyone can play and we try to win cups - it's fun and social

FIFA League Night : TSO A and B teams play League matches and try to climb the FIFA rankings [all the best teams play mostly league matches as the prestige of being in the top league is where it's at] I think this would be great for the TSO site to try and build a top FIFA team [or two] high up in the league rankings.
    These matches are more serious and demand high rated pros and a team philosophy

• Like Like x 1
  21. CalebMackie

I feel like we should give that idea a test runs in a couple weeks just to see the feedback i mean I feel like maybe some people would get a wake up call if they weren't called up for the A team and push to get better. Just a thought though

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

so are you sayin the league matches have better competition ? :eek:

If so we really stink lol

• Like Like x 1
  23. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

the higher rated leagues YES

however you can randomly run into high teams in cups its just not consistent

24. Wick36

Just want to point out a few other videos of good teams.​
    Actually, looking back at the video that Moon posted, it doesn't seem nearly as ridiculous as the first time I watched it, for whatever reason.​
    Anyway... the most common thing in the ones I watched (looked at a few others, just picked a few) are the crosses/chips into the box. The teams do this a shit ton. Most of the others seem to be some shots from outside of the box and breakaways. There are a few of the through balls that get snuck in through the defensive line.​
    Biggest thing I noticed is that they get quite a few guys up front, but they all keep good spacing and don't get bunched up. The stuff where we start just passing it around with people close together at the top of the box doesn't seem to happen. When these situations happen, somebody seems to just dribble it around, or there's somebody out wide that it can be dumped down to.​
    These are all highlight videos of course.​
    Most important thing for us, I think, is to try and avoid the turnovers at midfield and up top (though sometimes that is avoidable and I'd rather people play aggressively than be afraid to mess up). Don't be afraid to hit guys on the side and cross it in and pass it off of the cross instead of shooting if it's not a great shot.​
    Against user keepers, it seems like shooting from distance and picking up rebounds is a viable strategy.​
    I still think we should put FKs on net if it's a CPU keeper. We should play it short against humans because it's extremely tough to put it in against them.​
    The short passes to open guys in the box is pretty contingent on the forwards being able to put a move or get around guys, and we definitely struggle with that.​
    Anyway... I actually think our tactics the last couple outings have been decent. We just need to limit the turnovers a bit and finish a little bit more consistently. We should get better in time. ​
    FC BarmyRaiders - Record: 127-17-8

FC Unity - Record: 446-280-73

Ascendancy - Record: 181-65-39

• Like Like x 3
  25. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Xbox One Clubs

Bump this for the new guys especially, old guys too.

2 things jump out at me:

1) Notice the patience when one has the ball in those videos. You have to learn when to use one or two touches, or take the space they give you. When you have space in the offensive 3rd, go at a defender and make them make a decision. This will open up a passing lane most of the time and it should be rather obvious.

2) Notice what the players WITHOUT the ball are doing. Notice their runs are not always staight down the field. The striker checks back to receive the ball from the midfielders. There aren't any duplicate runs. We have to start reading what runs our team mates are making and then choose a different run or different space to check into to recieve the ball.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.