FIFA Tactics/Tips/Tricks

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by The Richuation, Nov 11, 2010.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

How can we pull this off?

3. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Por favor, Carrasco, por favor!!!

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Nothing shows up on the video for me.

However, if you meant to post a video of yourself doing a header against Atletico Madrid... I ask, why? :)

6. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

LOL all about colombia,...

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Post your custom tactics, tips, and best practices here...

#winning

8. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

10. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

Just saying, I go for the 4-1-2-1-2, It gives you a more opportunity of crossing PLUS an attacking mid and a defensive mid, so you have extra support on both sides of the pitch, then comes the set pieces, for corners you all know that I was a monster at heading for a couple seasons getting me a few goals to my sheets, On corners i set up a man about a few yards from the back post, make him run towards the goal, 4 or 3 men on the 18 to run towards the goal, and a man on the front post a couple yards away to run towards the goal, meanwhile a guy stays on the 18 incase of a rebound.

11. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

12. BlyGilmore

Celebration Tutorial:

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

As someone new to the game I am looking for good sites for guides on strats, how to make different kinds of shots of set peices etc..Any good sites or forums you guys would recommend?

14. BlyGilmore

15. BlyGilmore

Dipping Free Kick

Power Free Kick

• Like Like x 2
  16. BlyGilmore

Backheeling

17. BlyGilmore

One of the toughest things as a new player to figure out is what you want at different positions. Case in point - you have two strikers. Do you just want the fastest guys you can at both? And if you have two good guys, how do you figure out where to put them?

So this is basically what I do, and it would be a good jumping off point. The strength here is both figuring out what kind of players you need (and i think building a team is going to be tougher in career mode this year) and what skills to focus on.

As mentioned above, I rock a 4-1-2-1-2. It's also basically called a 4-4-2 Diamond. IMO with how tough defense is this year having a defensive minded CDM in the middle of the pitch is going to be a huge advantage.

So your two CBs. Very easy. You want big guys with good marking who are strong and can stand tackle. In a perfect world these guys would be 6'4" each but that can be tough to get. Some of them can pass and run and shoot, but that's all really just a bonus. You want to make sure you have guys who can stop an attack and handle themselves in the air on corners.

I tend to go for a defensive minded RB. As a result he doesn't need to be fast, be able to shoot or do much in the way of passing. Just look for a strong, tall guy who can mark and tackle. If he gets the ball he's just shuffling it up to the RM or CDM to start the attack. He can also be right footed or left.

The LB, however, should be your best overall player on defense. He should be left footed, fast, a good crosser and long passer, and if he can score from range that's a plus. All this while also not being a slouch on defense. (this guy isn't going to be cheap to get ... which is why you just want this from an LB and not both an LB and an RB). The strategy here is for him to be an option starting your attack - bombing up his side of the pitch and either linking up with the LM or sending in crosses directly. Again ... he still needs to be good enough to get back and defend or you'll have problems.

So then to the midfielders. CDM needs to be a great marker and tackler who can break up opponents attacks before they get started. If he can shoot from range or is an exceptional passer that's a plus, but because he's so good defensively, your LM/RM and especially CAM can worry more about offense and pickup his offensive slack. Meaning he just needs to be able to get the ball and pass it to another midfielder to start the attack.

Your LM and RM are now more offensive minded players, and your strategy with them connects to the RB and LB. Because your RB isn't a crosser, your RM is. he should be a pacey player who can fly down field and send in crosses. He's also your primary crosser (the LB is more of a change of pace offensive threat). So if you have two good midfielders, your fastest and best crosser should be at RM. He should also be right footed.

At LM, because you have a crossing threat in the LB, i look for more of a scorer and ranged shooter than at RM. That doesn't mean you should neglect crossing all together here (the more options you have the better), but I'm looking for a guy who can pass, move and shoot when necessary. He should also be right footed. So the idea is he comes up the field on the wing, then cuts it back toward the middle of the field where he can pass to the CAM or a striker. Or he can fire a missile from the top of the box on his strong foot.

Your CAM is the playmaker in the middle of the field. Need an exceptional passer and dribbler who really can do it all. The more exciting and dynamic this guy is the better your team is going to be - because it open up other players. And again because you have a CDM, you don't have to worry about this guy being defensive minded at all. At best he's just a harasser.

Now your two Strikers. Because crosses are coming in mostly from your RM, your LS becomes the target man. So this guy can be a bit slower, but also needs to be taller, effective in the air and a good volley guy. don't get me wrong, speed is never a bad thing. but this guy is more about finding a spot in the box and waiting for the ball to come in to him to work his magic.

that makes the other striker your counterattack threat, who has more pace and is more of a playmaker. basically a like your CAM except a better finisher, and if he's effective in the air even better. And because he's not the primary target man, he can be a bit on the shorter side.

• Like Like x 3
  18. bdub

bdub Walk On

wow great stuff, thanks a ton for this info.

19. BlyGilmore

no problemo.

btw its very easy to "cheat" with your virtual pro this year, even on World Class. Just jack up the user speed and acceleration sliders, turn them down for the computer, and turn down computer goal keeping.

20. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Good stuff Bly. While I do run 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 diamond) occasionally, you have to be careful running it against a good passer/player. Reason being, the single CDM can get exposed BIG time. The formation is good for at having coverage over a wide area of the park, but it does leave huge pockets if someone gets beat 1 v 1.

21. bdub

bdub Walk On

I am so bad at defense, I can't seem to get the ball away from the other team.

22. bdub

bdub Walk On

What difficulty are you guys playing on?

23. Connor

Connor Walk On

World Class is the norm for all of us.

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Actually I have been playing pro... And getting my ass beat

25. BlyGilmore

yeah kind of have to play on World Class because all the top end Virtual Pro unlocks are WC. I'd prefer to play Pro because i think its more realistic soccer, but not at the expense of unlocking stuff for my pro.