FIFA vs PES

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Connor, May 28, 2012.

1. Connor

Connor Walk On

Again I think there was a thread somewhere but I can't find it.

So recently I have been so into my FIFA player career mode. I finished an entire season in a week and a half. I helped my team win the MLS cup and scored 1 goal and had 2 assists in the final. Then I was released by the team because I didn't meet contract requirements. I had no clue I was even close to this sort of thing.

I got traded and I'm not sure if I want to keep playing because there is such little story with the mode and I can just see me playing at a new club each year which isn't realistic. Also there's the fact you never play on the reserve club or start as a sub. When you do get subbed out you still have to control the entire team. It's stuff like this that makes me frustrated with the amount of work EA has done with their career modes.

So my question is this should I buy PES for the sole purpose of the be a legend mode. I was wondering if the players actually pass the ball around nicely and what not. What are the perks of it.

Krebstar425
    elprez98
    You two prob know best. Get any other people in this convo please.
    I am still a big FIFA fan, game play wise just wondering if I would enjoy PES more in the career mode aspect

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

I didn't read your post, but I'll make it short and simple. FIFA good, PES not so good. :p

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

I read your post now. I don't like some of the feel to PES from little I played but I believe even with my little knowledge, legend mode of PES is probably more satisfactory. elprez98 should enlighten you about this.

4. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

For BAL, PES is much better. You have to play yourself into the lineup of course, and the CPU manager will sit you late in games for poor performance or even bring you off the bench. Your teammates have their own minds, so it doesn't feel so restricted like FIFA's mode. The fact that when you start you are never invited to play for the national team is also pretty cool. They've got a lot of little things that come out like one time the owner came out and told me straight up, "DO NOT LET ROONEY SCORE, whatever it takes!" Just little things like that makes the game more immersive for manager mode.

HOWEVER, you have to go into PES understanding that it IS NOT FIFA. The control scheme is a little different and Konami has not figured out how to implement FIFA's fluidity into their game. So the game feels a little stiff (control wise). They don't have all the licensed teams, so you have to download the kits and such, and finally, many people don't have the patience to learn two soccer games. To me, if you want to play the CPU as a team or BAL, PES is a much better game. For HUM vs. HUM, FIFA wins hands down.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Connor

Connor Walk On

Thanks for the help I was looking for. I will likely be buying this game so I can enjoy a good mode. Hopefully FIFA makes the needed improvements for 13, but its unlikely. Does it take long to download the kits and team names?

6. Connor

Connor Walk On

Also is there any leagues that aren't in the game?
    I heard something about the Bundesliga not being in there.

7. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Correct but somebody made a file with them on there, you can find it all over the net. I think its Daymos' file.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

• Like Like x 1
  9. Connor

Connor Walk On

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get PES so I can enjoy a good mode. It's not necessarily about the gameplay for me right now. I just get really bored with how uninteresting the games are in FIFA 12 be a pro

10. Krebstar425

If you have a PS3, get it for that. Much better choice of option files, and they're easier to transfer. Also, custom chants.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting a PS3 later this year, and one of the big reasons will be PES 2013.

11. Connor

Connor Walk On

I do have a PS3 but it's my brothers so I never play. I don't like playing on two consoles. Explain the option files

12. Krebstar425

Option files are basically squad updates for the game. They fix players and also add teams into the game, such as the Bundesliga and a second English division. They're available for the 360, but they're just easier to get for PS3. Although I can help you transfer 360 files as they're pretty easy.

For example, the EPL is not fully licensed in PES. So to have a full real league, you download an option file.

13. Connor

Connor Walk On

I'll most likely get the 360. And yeah the help would be awesome when the time comes.

14. Krebstar425

Can do. For starters, you'll need a USB stick to transfer files from your computer to 360, and (sadly) a PC.

15. Connor

Connor Walk On

I need a PC? My Mac won't do?
    I suppose I can always use my moms

16. Krebstar425

You need a PC. I know, it hurts. I'm an avid Mac user as well. (y)

17. Connor

Connor Walk On

Sounds like the work of the Japanese. aka Konami

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I bought the USB stick online preloaded with the option files. So that is another option if you want to do very minimal work!

19. Connor

Connor Walk On

What are the international cups in PES?

Just wondering because I'm trying to figure out what nationality I want my player to be. Planning to choose USA, but if there is no concacaf gold cup, or confederations cup it might be better to choose a euro team and do euro cup.

20. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I
    Quite frankly, I don't remember if they have the gold cup or confederations cup.

21. Connor

Connor Walk On

Oh... hmm may be choosing the Netherlands then

22. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Do you want to make the team or not? :)

23. Connor

Connor Walk On

Ahahaha. I plan on making the team either way. I was also considering England.