FIFA11 - Online League Feature?

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by The Richuation, Apr 24, 2011.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone can clarify this for me...

Using the in-game online league feature... I do not see anywhere to mandate speed or assited, semi, manual, etc...

Are we to just assume that the online league is only played on normal and assisted? What about rosters? Ranked rosters only?

It's so bare bones, its a disgrace honestly. With the sales figures of this game globally and the prevelance of online leagues, why on earth would they offer up this half baked feature...?

Anyway, help please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, the online league is a joke!! Plain and simple.. You role with your controller settings that you have saved. You can't change dick, online rosters, normal speed, etc..

I think at some point we should look at Manual controls.. I played a game on fully manual with Darlon yesterday and while it does take quite a bit of time to get used to, it was enjoyable. Think of this, no more perfectly placed throughballs, no more pinpoint shots. The online ranked player would be in trouble (Knight :p)..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

When you play on semi, through balls are manual.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

No way. Through balls in games that are set to Manual feel COMPLETELY different than ones in our TFL fixtures. Especially chip through balls

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Correct. On semi-assisted (default) through-balls are assisted.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

What is your take on all manual?

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

o_O

Really?

My through balls don't heat seek at all....

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I know you aren't asking me, but i wanted to give my two cents. I just made the switch this week for my career mode and i LOVE it. So much creativity. The only thing i'm having trouble getting used to is doing a charging cross from the wing into the box and my finishing isn't as accurate as i'd prefer.

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

I agree with this. Semi setting is not as manual as when I play my regular settings where it's set to manual actually.
    And I don't think this is true, cos it doesn't feel that assisted either. But then I don't think I played assisted so maybe assisted is not as assisted in reality.
    I think all manual kind of beats the purpose of having through balls and normal passing. If you are 100% directing the passes, it's a bit of a waste of features. I also feel like it's going to hurt the weaker players a lot more on shooting and crossing forcing them to manual. So it's going to be another practice of make the weak weaker and strong stronger policies we see here and there :p

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

You are very right as far as it defeats the purpose of the features. With manual settings you can turn a regular pass into a through ball with the right direction and power. You can also use the cross button as a chip through. I also agree with you that the weaker, more casual players in the leagues will suffer for awhile until they get the hang of it which could take a whole season.

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I think this should be tabled for season 4. We need to allow time for people to get friendlies in using this feature.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

if you are doing manual u should have a seperate manual and assisted league as it is totally different and to be honest i play completely different on manual to assisted as i frustrate the hell out of the manual community with my route one manual style :)