Fightin Irish Pub.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Fightin Irish Pub.

Game summaries coming soon.

2. Twister18

The Fighting Irish were led against Navy by QB Jimmy Claussen and RB Armando Allen. With a torrential downpour causing havoc with Claussens passes leading to 2 INTs Coach Twist decided to ground it out on the turf. Allen rushed for 165 yards and 2 TDs and backup Robert Hughes added 110 yards as well.

But the real story was the Irish defense. The first play of the game DB Blanton picked of Navy QB Dobbs and returned it for a score. The Irish D also accounted for 6 more points when a fumble hit paydirt as well. Navy finished with 2 first downs and 56 yards total. The final score was ND 34-0.

3. Twister18

The Fighting Irish took on a very tough Pittsburgh team and barely pulled away with a victory. QB Jim Claussen looked to rebound from a poor outing versus Navy the week before but he started much the way he had the prior week by throwing 2 INTs, one for a TD. Also a fumble by WR Shaq Evans gave the momentum and lead to the Panthers 17-0.
    The Panthers D had seen what Allen and Hughes did to Navy and stopped them for short gains, holding Allen to 97 yards on 32 carries, But Claussen riddled the Panther secondary in the last 3/4th of the game, tossing 4 TDs vs 3 INTs and a career high 389 yards. Allen caught 5 passes for 100+ yards and Evans also had a 100 yard game.

The Irish won by the score of 41-27.

4. Twister18

Notre Dame put a thumping on Tulane at their home dome 47-0. QB Jim Clausen played only the firt half, as did all the starters and had 203 yards, 2 tds and i int. Armando Allen had an off rushing day with only 79 yards but accumulated 3 tds. Backup RB Robert Hughes played much of the second half and had 151 yards rushing and 2 tds.

The defense was stingy allowing Tulane 102 yards, 4 first downs and 4 TOs.

5. Twister18

Notre Dame came crashing down to earth as Marshall capitalized on 4 turnovers to upset Notre Dame 26-20. Leading the Irish 26-3 starting the third quarter, Marshall played a conservative game that almost saw the Irish take the lead but a mysterious fumble from backup RB Robert Hughes sealed the loss for Notre Dame.

QB Jim Clausen continued his Jeckyl and Hyde routine as he threw for 389 yards and a TD but threw 3 first half picks, including 1 that was returned for a TD. Armondo Allen saw his Heisman dreams come to a close as Marshall only allowed him 68 yards on 22 carries.

6. Twister18

The Fighting Irish were chomping at the bit to get the taste of the terrible loss to Marshall out of their mouth and the main course was San Diego State. The Irish offense operated at high level with QB Jim Clausen going 16-26, 227 yards, 2 TDs and most important, no INTs! Clausen even ran for another TD. Coach Twist has considered benching Clausen after the performance against Marshall but gave the senior QB a chance to redeem himself.

The running game was strong as usual. RB Armondo Allen ran for 159 yards, while backup Hughes ran for 97 yards and 2 scores. Leading the receiving corp was Mike Floyd with 4 catches for 81 yards and 1 score.

Notre Dame wins 42-7.

7. Twister18

The Fighting Irish look to finish out the season in the Armed Forces Bowl against a surprising UNLV squad. After playing a close first half, tied 21-21 at halftime, the Irish defense shut the door and ended the cinderella season of the Running Rebels 48-21.

Senior QB Jim Clausen finished his career with a solid game, co,pleteing 12-18 for 237 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs. Fellow senior leader RB Armando Allen went out with a shoulder injury early in the first quarter and finished with 2 yards. "Our hearts went out today to Armando. He has been a true warrior for 4 years for the Irish and we know he will do the same in the next level," replies a misty eyed Coach Twist. Senior RB Robert Hughes filled in for Allen and finished with 139 yards rushing and 2 TDs.
    Junior WR Mike Floyd has a big game as well finishing with 3 catches for 141 yards and 2 TDS.

The true start today were the ND DEs, especially Soph Kampon Lewis Moore, who had 10 tackles, 7 tkl, and 6 sacks! Jr DE Kerry Neal also registered 6 tackles, 3 tkl, and 2 sacks. The defense as a whole recorded 10 sacks and LB Steve Filer returned an early 3rd quarter INT 9 yards for 6 to shift the momentum to the Irish.

8. Twister18

Notre Dame destroys Boise State 59-7.

Coach Twist was very concerned about his offense going into the season opener following the loss of his leaders in QB Jim Clausen and RBs Armando Allen and Robert Hughes. The Irish would have to depend on their highly ranked OL to open some holes for RB Jonas Gray. ** Late breaking news: RS Soph RB Cierre Woods will start the game due to corneal abrasions suffered by RB Jonas Gray during warmups. " Jonas took one look at the blue field during warmups and it burned his corneas!" stated Twist. Special shaded contact lenses were produced by halftime.

QB Dayne Crist had a solid day, completing 11-24 for 160 yards, 2 tds and 2 ints. Freshman Ron Moore came in for mop up duty and looked great, going 3-5 for 94 yards and 1 td.

Gray may not be able to get his job back as Cierre Woods rushed 31 times for 212 yards and 4 TDs.

The receiving corp was led by TE Kyle Rudolphi who had 6 catches for 117 yards and 2 TDs.

The defense gave up 250 yards and was led by David Posluszny who had 2 Ints.

9. Twister18

Season 3 Notre Dame preview

This is an analysis of the Fighting Irish taken from Coach Twists secret playbook:

The offense is unproven at the skill positions save for Floyd and Rudolphi. The OL is solid and will count on a balanced attack with no turnovers to succeed.
    The defense has a chance to be dominant as Moore and Neal on the DL and the core of LBs will rival any in college football. The secondary is very solid but can use some foot speed.

QB: RS (Jr) Dayne Crist will be the starter but if he falters, expect prize freshman Ronnie Moore to take some of his PT. Moore has one dimension that Crist lacks: speed

RB: Senior Jonas Gray adds experience and toughness but expect soph Cierre Woods to receive most of the PT and carrys.

WR: Mike Floyd and Shaq Evans are a great tandem but mostly unknown after them. TE Kyle Rudolphi has a chance to by AA this season.

OL: Rock solid group led C Goins. Plenty of depth on the line and should be set for the coming years. Average grade is 91 among the starters. Chris Watt is the top reserve.

DL: KLMoore and Kerry Neal are awesome DEs and Ethan Johnson plugs up the middle allowing the LBs to make the plays.

LB: Strongest unit on the team. ILB David Poz has great instincts, hands and hits like a brick. Steve Filer is the other ILB. Impact Player Manti Teo mans one OLB and Darious Fleming patrols the other. Backups are quality as well.

Sec: Rob Blanton mans one CB spot and EJ Banks mans the other. Captain Harrison Smith starts at FS and soph Zeke Motta starts at SS. Solid group but lacks some deep speed except for Blanton.

Spec: PK Matt Perkins is a true Freshman and the punter well is average.

Coaching: (Taken from the Notre Dame AD) Keep It Simple Stupid: Also, Twist better annihilate Marshall or start looking for a new job.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Nice, nice quote by the AD. lol

11. Twister18

Notre Dame and Michigan play an epic game in which the Domers got extremely lucky to pull off a W. ND wins 53-50 in the 4th overtime as frshman K Matt Perkins hit a 30+ yard FG to eek out the win.

Michigans D came out and created 2 huge plays. CB Bob Cissoko picked 2 ints from starting QB Dayne Crist, the latter he returned for a TD. Forcier also shredded the Domers D to open up a halftime lead of 21-7.

"I opened a huge can of whuppa$$ on those players in the lockerroom so I can barely speak," Coach Twist texted to the national media. Crist stunk it up and Twist decided to try prize freshman QB Ronnie Moore in the second half. The Notre Dame D stiffened, Moore completed some very safe passes and HB Cierre Woods took over, tying the game at 28 to force OT. Both Teams exchanged TDs in 3 OT periods until NDs DL took over and sacked Forcier on 2 back-to-back plays forcing a long 4th down that wasnt converted. Perkins then drilled the GW FG.

Moore has been inserted as the starting QB as he showed great poise and leadership for a freshman. Crist will be the third stringer and have a penthouse view from Coach Twists doghouse. (He may want to learn Coach Spoo's phone # at EIU..sssh). Moore finished with 16-22 for 225 yards and no INTs. Cierre Woods had an awesome day carrying the ball 33 times for 234 and 4 TDs.
    Converting some big third downs was TE Kyle Rudoplhi and Mike Floyd. Kyle had 10 catches for 133 yards and Floyd had 3 for 100.

The big story was the play of the front 3 of the defense. NT Ethan Johnson had 14 sacks, 7 tfls, and 2 sacks. KL Moore had 11 tackles, 2 tfl and 2 sacks and Kerry Neal finished with 10 tackles, 3 tfl, and 2 sacks.

On a side note, this was the greatest game I have ever played. My hats off to Bond. Even if I lost it still would rank right up there (until I finally beat Dru;). This is one of the games you would want to watch if you had the option to hopefully in 2011.

12. Twister18

Notre Dame struggles against a tough Spartan defense but prevails 34-17.

Freshman Ron Moore has a mediocre second game, completeing 14-28 passes for 1 TD and 2 INTs. He did however show great escape ablilty from the MSU pass rush but scrambling 7 times for 52 yards and several big first downs.
    RB Cierre Woods continued hs torrid pace by rushing 37 times for 171 yards and 3 more TDs.
    The receiving corp was led by Kyle rudoplh's 5 catches for 74 and 1 TD and Mike Floyds 4 catches for 77.

The Domers defense rose up to stifle the Spartan offense led by KL Moore's 8 tackles, 2 tfl and 1 sack, LM Dave Posluzny hd 7 tackles, i tfl, and a sack and NT Ethan Jonshon continued his bid for All American status with 6 tackles, 3 tfl, and 1 sack.

"The team played through some adversity and growing pains but they are growing together and I expect a successful year!" Coach Twist exclaimed.

13. Twister18

Notre Dame pounds rival Purdue but suffers first major injury. The Domers won 51-17 but after rushing 4 times for 61 yards, RB Cierre Woods suffered a foot fracture and missed the rest of the game. His status for week 5 is undecided.

QB Ron Moore had a solid game, throwing 12 times out of 22 attempts for 276 yards and 3 TDs. He also was picked 3 times with 2 coming on deflections. "Ron shook off those fluke INTs to lead the offense that was missing its main weapon."

RB Jonas Grey and Theo Riddick filled in for the injured Woods. Grey had 16-78 and Riddick had 19-78 and 2 TDs.
    Kyle Rudoph had 4 receptions for 50 yards and a TD but the main day was Mike Floyd who corralled 4 ball for a whopping 142 yards and 2 scores. Soph John Goodman also contributed with an 80 yard PA bomb from Moore to put the Domers firmly in command.
    The Domer D again was led my senior NT Ethan Johnson who had 11 tackles, 2 tkl, and 1 sack. KLMoore destroyed the LT again with 4 tackles, 3 tfl, and 3 sacks.. Dave Poz had 4 tackles but 2 Ints.

On the down side, the ST gave up their second KO return for a TD. "We may have to switch some personnell to the coverage units to prevent this happeneing again." Coach Twist said.

14. Twister18

Week 5: Notre Dame 31-Pitt 21

Moore had a strong game again, going 16-26, 322 yards, 3 TDs and 3 Ints.
    Woods came back from his injury to be a workhorse, having 42 rushes for 157 yards and a score. Rudolph had 7 catches for 86 yards and 2 scores. Floyd opened up the Pitt D for Woods in the second half with 5 catches for 186 and a TD.

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Damn, Moore is goin to be a stud when he can limit his INTs to 0-1 a game then he will be off the charts

16. Twister18

ND: 17 Utah: 45
    Young QB Ron Moore got banged around against a serious opponent in Utah. "Ron needs to learn when to throw the ball away instead of forcing passes or taking the sack. " Coach Twist remarked. Moore was 10-20 118 0 tds and 2 INTs.

Cierre Woods had 30 carrys for 169 and 2 TDs as he was the one bright spot for the Domers.

The defense is battered and beaten by the power running game of Utah. No one really stood out as the front 3 were bullied by the Utah line.

17. Twister18

ND: 21 USC: 33

Great game. QB Ron Moore was limited as the running game was focused on but came through with some big throws to bring them back. Moore finished 7-13 for 83 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT. He did throw the game ending INT for 6 on a 3rd and 19 play which came after he was hit and the wounded duck was caught for a 9 yard loss. He did throw TD passes to WR John Goodman and RB Theo Riddick.
    Woods had a rough game as he rushed 19 times for 86 yards but no TDs.

The d played a spirited game but could not stop the 3rd down conversions that kept them on the field and wore them down.

18. Twister18

ND: 55 UCONN: 17

The Irish had alot of pent up anger following the bye week and back-to-back losses to Utah and USC. The question in Coach Twist's mind was if he was doing the right thing forcing the on the job training on freshman QB Ron Moore. "Ron is a very mature 18 year old but the savage beatings may ruin him forever. We will grow with him at the QB position and he may benefit from watching the vets perform. He will get PT but on a more limited time." Twister said in his weekly PC.

Moore started the game but was very shaky. He clearly looked rattled from the 3 prior weeks. Twist pulled the young slinger aside and told him to stay alongside the Domers new QB coach Joe Montana and learn from the legend. Junior Dayne Crist got a chance to redeem himself from 2 lackluster performances and he seized that chance by the throat.

Crist went 7-9 with 171 yards, 1 td and 1 int, using Cierre Woods and Theo Riddick to keep the d off balance and the play action was brilliant. Moore finished 3-9 for 41 yards, 1 td and 2 ints.

Woods continued his run for the Heisman with 36 carries for 250 yards and 3 tds. Riddick had 9 carrys for 72 yards and a TD as well.

Kyle Rudolph had a solid game, catching 5 for 89 yards and a quiet Mike Floyd erupted on a PA pass that went 70 yards for a TD.

The D was brutal to UCONN, allowing 11 First Downs and 172 total yards. NT Ethan Johnson had 14 tackles, 6 tfl, and 3 sacks.

Asked about who would be the starting QB next week, Coach Twist replied," Dayne deserves a shot and we will see how he does in the next game. Ron will take alot of reps in practice as well."

19. Twister18

ND: 41 Rutgers: 35

The Domers D took some lumps against the Knights, giving up alot of yards to Martinak and their QB but Zack Motta pulled off a 62 yard pick 6 to give the Irish the lead they never relinquished.

Crist had an erratic game: 10-21, 170 yards, 1 td, and 2 ints
    Woods went 24 carrys for 91 yards and 2 tds but left the game with an ab injury.
    Theo Riddick filled in admirably with 17 rushes for 62 yards and 1 td.

Dave Pos led the d with 12 tackles and 1 tfl. Motta also added 9 tackles and 1 tfl.

20. Twister18

Notre Dame: 38 Arkansas: 34

The Hawgs came out trying to smother Cierre Woods from the outset of the game. They pretty much succeeded in the first half but the constant pounding from Woods and Riddick finally wore down the Razorbacks defense. "We knew they were not going to let Cierre beat them, but would try to contain him." Coach Twist remarked in the post-game PC.
    Jr QB Dayne Crist had a solid day, going 18-31, 232 yards and 2 ints. Woods rushed 36 times for 160 yards and 3 tds, while his backup ran 4 times for 30 yards and 2 tds.

The defense was toasted by Troy Mallet but made 2 ints, 1 from Blanton and Filer to save the game.

21. Twister18

It is done: ND: 44 USF: 35

QB Dayne Crist got hurt, in comes a new Ron Moore. Moore goes 8-14 59 yds and 2 tds and lets Woods do the rest, 46 rushes for 199 yards 2 tds and 1 td receiving. This put him at 2003 yards for the season and should seal up the Doak for him.

USF played a tough game but KLMoore took over in the second half and finished with 6 tackles, 4 tfl, and 2 sacks.

22. Twister18

The Orange Bowl:

Miami: 34 ND: 17
    The Miami defense melted down the running attack of Doak Walker winner Cierre Woods, holding him to 15 for 39 and 1 TD and also 4 catches for 26 yards and 1 td. QB Dayne Crist had to shoulder the load and he provided some offense with 19-36, 262 yards, 1 td but 4 ints.

The Defense could not stop the option of Miami or their HB running between the tackles. The D was very stingy when set in harsh field position as the O left them hanging out to dry.

23. Twister18

What are your expectations for the 2012 season (projected record as well)?
    I expect to be in the BCS bowl picture with an 11-1 record.

Team Strengths:
    The running game will be my offensive strength as Woods has improved and Riddick will be alot more involved in the games as well. My LBs have a wealth of experience and all starters are rated above 91.

Team Weaknesses:
    Talent but inexperience starting in the OL and DL. 2 new starters on each side of the ball with Brandon Goins anchoring the OL at C and KL Moore leading the DL charge.

Key losses (players) from last season (as best as you can remember)?
    LT Matt Romine: 98 overall and leader of the OL, WR Mike Floyd and TE Kyle Rudolph.
    DE Kerry Neal and NT Ethan Johnson from the DL. LB David Poz and CB Roger Blanton and Harrison Smith from the secondary.

Key returning players ?
    QB Dayne Crist, RB Cierre Woods, WR Shaq Evans, TE Tyler Eifert, DE KL Moore, LB Mante Teo, SS Zeke Motta

Do you have any freshmen that will impact your team this season?
    RS Freshman DE Mike Johnson had a monster game against Purdue. True Freshman K Rashad Anderson will help the kicking game.

Recruiting focus for this year?
    Upgrade skill positions and DL as the switch to the 4-3 will begin next season.

Biggest game on your schedule?
    All of them. Looking forward to my user games against Michigan, USC and Utah.

24. Twister18

Game 1: ND: 58 Purdue: 31
    This was a breakout game with for QB Dayne Crist as new OC Joe Montana showed off the new ND Offense. Crist went 23-36 for 341 yards, 3 tds and 1 int. Crist also spread the ball around to 9 different receivers. Doak Walker winner Cierre Woods went 34 for 188 and 3 tds but did have a costly fumble that led to a Purdue TD. The receiving corp was led by Tyler Eifert who had 7 catches for 95 yards and a td. WR Shaq Evans had 3 catches for 115 and a td.
    The defense was led by LB Steve Filer who had 10 tackles. RS Fr. Mike Johnson had a monster game with 9 tackles, 4 tfl and 4 sacks. DE KL Moore had 7 tackles, 5 tfl and 4 sacks. CB EJ Banks had 2 Ints.
    The ST set the tone for the game when a monster hit jarred the ball loose from the Purdue KR and LB Darius Fleming returned the ball 28 yards for a TD.

25. Twister18

ND: 37 MSU: 10

The Domers got quite the scare when DW winner Cierre Woods pulled up lame early in the second quarter. With backup RB Troy Riddick already out of the game, QB Dayne Crist shouldered the load. Crist went 18 for 23 and 223 yards and 2 tds with no Ints to control the clock and grind the Spartans into the ground.
    Woods did return in the third quarter to finish with 30 carrys for 180 yards and 1 td.

WR Shaq Evans had a great day with 5 catches for 118 and 1 td and TE Troy Eifert had 4 grabs for 52.

The Irish D was very dominant, led by LB Darius Fleming's 14 tackles, 1 tfl and 1 int. KL Moore had 8 tackles, 5 tfl and 2 sacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.