Final BCS Standings

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by GoGators, Jan 5, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Final BCS Standings

Thought this could be a fun debate. Obviously theres a couple bowl games left, but how do you think things will shake out???

I'm picking Texas over Bama and Iowa over the ramblin wreck, so my list is:

1 Texas
    2 Bama
    3 UF
    4 Boise St

What's your poll look like??? ( That's what she said!!!)

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Bama over Texas. Period.

Boise State will probably get the nod for the #2 no matter what.

I'd say it will look something like this:
    1. Bama
    2. Boise State
    3. Texas
    4. Florida
    5. Ohio State
    6. Georgia Tech (if they beat Iowa)
    7. TCU
    8. Virginia Tech
    9. Penn State
    10 BYU

3. GoGators

I really like Boise St. The way they play with no fear is awesome, but I don't think their body of work warrants a #2 spot. They squeaked by TCU last night. If Dalton didn't have the QB IQ of Joey Harrington, then I think TCU would have won that game.

So the notable wins for Boise St this year are Oregon at home and TCU. I don't think that can put them to #2. I'm biased for UF, but we destroyed Cincy and I think we could be #2, but I don't think that the pollsters will put us ahead of the loser of the championship game. And I don't think Boise St can be put ahead of UF or Tex/Bama loser.

4. JFunk34

I agree with you in principle. No way is Boise St. in the same league as Bama, Texas, UF, or Ohio St. But I think in an effort to appease the masses and once again demean the BCS, they will get voted #2 in the human polls which in turn will force them to #2 in the BCS standings.

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I disagree if people are saying no way Boise is up with those other schools. I think only Alabama is head and shoulders better than them and that Boise would hang in there with UF, Ohio State, Iowa (for sure), Texas, etc. They'd lose 6 or 7 out of 10 to any of those teams (except Iowa) but would keep it close and have a chance to win against any of those teams.

Bama over Texas
    1. Bama
    2. Boise State
    3. UF or Texas, depending on if Texas can keep it close

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

1 Texas
    2 Bama
    3 Boise
    4 UF

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

(y)
    HOOK 'EM!!!

8. JFunk34

Roll Tide. :bangnana:

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Their is no way Boise will stick with UF. I'm a Gator Hater but their is no way their built like that. Other schools I will agree with for the simple fact of their offenses. But sticking with UF? Wouldn't happen IMO UF is not that Oklahoma team of yesteryear, ya digg?

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I digg, but the proof is simply in the pudding. Boise plays good D too, not just high powered O. They shut down one of the most powerful O's in the land in Oregon to start the season and they shut down a top 15 O last night in #3 TCU to end the year and went 14 - 0 in the process.
    I am by no means a Boise State fan but it is time for people to take the BCS blinders off and realize these guys are real and its why no one wants to schedule them. I applaud Virginia Tech for doing it and we will see early next year how they fair against the top ACC team on the road. They win that one and go undefeated again and they should be playing for the national title vs. Florida, Alabama, Ohio State, whoever. Actually there should be a playoff to hash this all out but that is another discussion.

11. JFunk34

That "nobody will play Boise" crap doesn't fly. Most schedules are set years in advance. If Boise wants to compete every year instead of pushing for playoffs and congressional investigations they should be petitioning a BCS conference for a spot.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I agree they should of been playing for a national title with all those undefeated seasons. Boise has a good D but they haven't faced "true" speed. Yeah they shut down a very good Pac10 "speed" team but their is a huge difference when it comes to SEC speed. To say that Boise team can beat UF is a little extreme.

And I'm not a Boise hater, actually I pray one of those small schools become a "no contest" pick to compete in the national title game. That would turn the BCS upside down and make playoffs likely in the future.

Back on topic though. I think Bama will win just because I think Alabama will run the ball and attack all of the areas Nebraska exposed in the Big12CCG. The rest of the standings don't matter because... "If you ain't first your last"

Edit: And Boise will never play for the NC because no big school wants to play them, so their schedule will always suck. Their was an article on ESPN, looking for it now.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

A win is a win, nobody can say boise can or cannot win until it happens

14. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

boise and tcu have both said they DO NOT WANT a playoff system.. they want to win like the big money schools.. and congress is full of idoits... and do you really think that ohio state would travel to bosie idaho to play them? infront of a sold out 40,000? if the smurf turf is even that big? and to say they would never beat a UF or ALA.. until they play well never know... they dont play football on paper...

15. GoGators

Seriously? Did you watch either of these games? At the beginning of the year Oregon's offense was anything but a top 15 offense. And if you called that horrible display of quarterbacking by Dalton last night anything remotely near the top 15 in offense, I greatly disagree.

TCU was attrocious in that bowl game and still had a chance to win. If their coach wasn't a jackass and actually gameplanned for a fake punt they probably win that game. TCU didn't even show up. That game was disgusting.

With that said, I really like Boise St. They take their best shot at ya no holds barred. That's what makes them dangerous, they're not going to play like Lane Kiffin and just try to keep things close. They play to win. And it may be time to take the blinders off if you think Bama is leaps and bounds better than everyone else. Remember Tennessee and Auburn almost beat ya! And UF's defense just decided not to show up for the SECCG.

Hook'em Horns!!!

16. GoGators

Thanks RickyBobby!!!(y)haha

Your logic here is why I'm picking Texas. Remember, Auburn exposed Alabama the week before the SECCG and then Saban was able to address all those issues and come out with an amazing gameplan for the SECCG that UF simply wasn't prepared for. Nebraska exposed Texas, but now Texas has had a full month to address all those things. Not to mention, they've had a month of listening to how they shouldn't even be here and that Nebraska and Alabama is better.

Also, don't forget about the heisman curse.

17. T2

How can you question some ones football IQ when they are simply stating facts? Did BSU shut down the Oregon offense? Yes:eek:. Did BSU shut down TCU's offense? Yes.:eek: Its always amazing how when schools loose it is due to horrible this or that.. and could Dalton's poor play vs BSU be due to the fact they didnt make the plays when they needed to? TCU has a guy that mistimes his jump and doesnt make a TD catch.. and this is a result of poor quarterback play?:confused: The simple fact is that BSU beat 14 different teams, theres only 1 other team to do that(tOSU). And until a bosie state plays a flordia well never know who wins.. anyone can beat anyone on any saturday. Reguardless if you win by 1,000 points or 1 point they will always remember the victor..

sorry for the rant. i just dont think you can question a persons football IQ by stating a fact.

18. GoGators

True, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. Just because a team is ranked so high in offensive yards doesn't mean they are actually that good. It could mean a whole spectrum of different things (poor defense so lots of shootouts, poor opposing defenses, etc.)

Oregon finished the year that high, but they were no where near as in sync to start the year as they were midway through and at the end. Plus, Lamichael James was a big part of that offense as opposed to Legarrette "I'm gonna knock you out" Blount that played in the BSU game, remember?

19. GoGators

Never said anything about BSU not being able to beat UF.

20. T2

ya sorry got a little side tracked lol

21. T2

no doubt.. unless everybody played vs the same team would be the only way to do a side by side..

22. Bridger

Bridger Guest

How many times does Boise have to prove itself? wasn't Oklahoma supposed to beat them into the ground? ...before that game people didn't even think they belonged on the same field. At one point Boise was up 28-10. And wasn't tcu's defense supposed to shut every team down? instead it was Boise's defense that got them the victory. before that game people thought tcu should be in contention to play in the national championship, or least get a better bowl bid to play florida instead of shitty Boise state. All I'm telling you guys is that speculation is speculation, and it means absolutely nothing. Not one person here can say Texas or Bama would stomp teams like BSU until they actually play, because history keeps proving that theory wrong over and over again(example: Utah-bama sugar bowl). If you still think that though, u have your right. but you will never truly know until they line up on the same field and play 60 minutes of football.

23. GoGators

I completely agree with this. I won't go as far as to say BSU would get romped by anyone. In fact, I believe with the way BSU plays with no fear and balls to the wall, they can beat anyone on any given day. They definitely deserve their shot and after watching that game Monday, I was truly pissed off that they didn't put TCU and BSU up against a BCS conference team. That really sucked!

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This conversation goes right up there with discussing religion and politics at work, lol.

We really have to agree to disagree.

25. JFunk34

I agree Salutations the argument is really a lost cause. But to make one point about schools not wanting to go to Boise, then why doesn't Boise go there? Go beat USC at home. Go beat Florida at home. We will see how this works out for them when they play VT which by the way if they beat VT and run the table I will be there biggest supporter to get a shot at the NC. Or better yet, try to join a real conference. Just like GoGators said comparing stats is futile. Because the competition is totally different. That goes for Boise's offense, TCU's defense, etc. Hell Texas' run defense is ranked so high but who do they play in the Big 12 that has a powerful running game? Nobody like Alabama I can assure you.

And yes Texas had a month to scheme for Bama but Nick Saban had that same month to scheme for Texas. I'll take Saban's game planning over Mack Brown's any day. Bring up the Auburn game all you want, Auburn came out in a completely different defense than they had all season, a 4-6 base. Saban schemed around it on the fly and did what needed to be done to win the game. That's what champions do. And all Auburn did on offense was BS trick plays and a early onside kick. The players were hyped and made undisciplined errors. Once the dust settled and the playbook was run dry Bama did what they did all season. Slowly and systematically beat Auburn into submission. Roll Tide.