Final Preparations

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

It is almost time for launch and I am sure we will have a worthy roster by tomorrow. I am thinking we may go live Saturday with roster in hand.

First off here is the completed team record pages:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tZcuw2MJl6B_ywAcOHp6Mow&hl=en_US#gid=0

All of you can edit these just by clicking the link, feel free to fix any typos and spruce them up any way you like wether you want to add photos or color. Just make sure you leave the main setup as is.

I will post this as a sticky with instructions on how to update records and what not, I will also be posting our 2011 recruiting thread and google doc. I will also throw together a season results google doc that will be stickied as well.

As of now our settings are this:

All American Default (will adjust as we go)

3 FIVE star recruit limit

I will update all other rules in the rule thread and have everyone read and sign off.

Here are the content assignments that others have agreed on earlier:

Hova - Weekly Threads, Record and Results upkeep
    NIU - Season MVPs
    Brave- Hall of Fame
    FacePlant - Game of the Week
    Moon - Radio Show, Highlights (Killer help with highlights and anyone else)

Bawvu and Tbird - You guys want to brainstorm some way to keep career stats??

also looking for a co-host for the radio show

Let's all touch base on these again and if anyone wants to take on a task for content let me know in here. It would be nice if someone could take on a recruiting segment, where you break down classes and big recruiting battles and what not...

as for the rest we should be ready to rock asap. If you have any questions let me know, also any guys going out of town here soon let me know so we can make a game plan. (Already have with brave)

2. Hova

3. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

HovaTheGodMC

I wont be able to do videos and the podcast...Will just be too much to do, I won't have the time.

4. Hova

understood. Just podcast then?

I will be able to do videos when I have the time, I'm sure one of these guys can step up and help as well

5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Yeah my focus will be the podcast.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I can do em, it probably will need to be a once a year thing though, otherwise the quality of plays will be pretty lame and it's time consuming getting everyone to upload the videos to their hub.

7. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

HovaTheGodMC

I cannot edit the spreadsheet. It looks like it is in view only.

8. Hova

ya thats cool, you can do a yearly and I will do a bowl season highlight video If I have the time each year.

9. Hova

try now

10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    id like to propose using excel. i dont have the time or patience to tinker with google. I can put together year end stats with a powerpoint file, etc. Would like to know a few things from the group with a consensus

1.) How often do we need to compile/report? (Mid year, end of season, etc)
    2.) What stats do we want to track?

11. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I am going to track all of my player stats because I would like to have an all-time top 10 for each.

12. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

That worked. Thanks.

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I leave for San Diego on Sunday and will not return until the following Saturday. I know we had previously discussed starting much later.

It looks like the web version for online dynasty does not work yet so I cannot recruit from there. Is there any chance we can start Saturday (I can play my week 1 game and recruit) and go with a lengthy advance for the first 2 weeks of the season? Launch week 1 Saturday, advance to Week 2 on Wednesday (96 hour advance as opposed to 72) and then again on Sunday (96 instead of 72 again).

I am asking this because if I miss setting up recruting, and the first two weeks of recruiting I am going to be behind the 8 ball from the start.

If this doesn't work for everyone, thats cool. I had planned on being able to do web recruiting but that seems to be a no go.

14. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ill do something with recruiting...not sure exactly what. Maybe keep an eye on the top 10 players. Im open to suggestions.

15. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

Ive never used spread sheets, but am willing to learn and will be happy to handle career stats, I just may need help with setting up the current team leaders sorta like we have done with team records...otherwise I will just update on a legal pad as we go and post results at the end of each year......

16. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    No problem t-bird I get stuck doing then all day I just need to know what we want to track

17. Hova

it should be working, I signed in just now and was able to access our test dynasty.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system

18. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

19. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Tbird do you have excel on your computer?

20. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

It worked.

I should be able to recruit while in San Diego. Any chance we can get this thing launched so I can set up my recruiting board on the xbox? Also, can we give me by weeks or a game against and FCS school in the first 3 weeks?

21. Hova

I am going to try and launch saturday morning if we have valid rosters by then.

I will do the best I can, it all depends on when your con play starts. which apparently is completely random

22. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Let's get this shit started!!!!

23. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

If we launch Saturday morning, when will we advance to week 1? If we can advance to week 1 Saturday night, schedule me a game for Week 1, if not, the later the better. I am sure it will work out, I just more than anything want to be able to see up my recruiting board for the first week.

24. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

i think I have excel on one of my office computers...I will have to check with one of my office girls........I would assume we want all the major stat categories.....

25. Hova

we wont advance saturday night, I am going out and getting blasted for my Bday