Final Preparations

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Experience

Alright guys. I know several of you have Season Pass, I have not since I work all weekend plus Monday so I have pretty much no time to play until the official release day. Here is what I would like you guys to do and I know a few of you are already doing this but you all need to start working together.

1) Try to find a good set of sliders. I hear the ground game is overpowered, see if anything will make it more competitive. Also find out if we should start off on AA or Heisman, which poses more of a challenge without being ridiculously overpowered.

2) Jello quoted that we CANNOT change Progression Rate. Everyone could sim a few seasons at a different rate and post the results because once that setting is set, it's permanent (at least for now, not sure if Drifter reported it).

3) We will not start until named rosters are out obviously

Also read some people were having an issue with INT in the endzone. Basically the DB would intercept in the end zone, land out of bounds. The play would be reviewed and overturned (due to out of bounds) and you would think this is a good thing but the game has been awarding the player the TD rather than overturning the play and replay of downs. So here is another proposal, do we wait until the first patch is released or just deal with it?

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The int thing is hopefully being fixed for release from my knowldge

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I would vote for heisman so far but with tweaks. I am 3-0 with Wyoming. Beat nebraska in OT thanks to run game. (I could not stop their run either)

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll let someone else tackle sliders as I'm not playing any games yet. I know if the demo the sliders were broken and I fear they are in the release too. In the demo I tried a couple of things to test sliders:
    1. Kicked off out of back of endzone. Set KOP to 0 and nothing changed at all. The CPU KOP did work though.
    2. Set both user/CPU run blocking=0, rush defense=100, QBA=30, pass defense=0 and it didn't slow down offenses at all.
    I'm testing coach progression now and I'll find the correct setting for us. I'll go out to 10 seasons to see how it looks. Every level you get requires more points so you gain early levels much faster than later levels. My initial impression after 2 seasons is that on normal we'll gain points WAY TOO FAST the first couple of season. I don't know how they'll look at the end. On slow the first couple of season will give us a good # of points (not too fast) but it's very possible that we'd never even get to level 20 (which is required for a top tier skill) by the end of the OD.
    I stopped the normal progression after 2 seasons. I gained 9 levels the 1st season (1 -> 10) and then 4 levels the 2nd season (10 -> 14).

I'm just starting a dynasty on slow progression. I'll recruit with Illinois the 1st season, but after that I'll just sim out to 10 years. I've created lvl 1 coaches for 3* Illinois, 4* Iowa, 5* Wisconsin, and 6* Michigan and I'll track them all throughout the 10 years.

If I think that slow is too slow, then I'll finish years 3-10 of my normal dynasty.

I've created this google doc for it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar4-5k-YV0dLdFFHX1l3WjNLbFNBUmxRQVBqZkJHZlE&usp=sharing

• Like Like x 2
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I wouldnt expect the sliders to work since it was just the demo. Hope they work for the actual game though

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Since we are playing mostly users, I would prefer not to have settings where the defense is just crashing through the offensive line and it creates an all passing league.

7. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Feeling like Normal looks on track...I mean Slow could be perfect if we agree on "Coaches should never max out" But 10 years on Normal (maybe 11-12) you will max out coach, and that would be a whole cycle just about. But now on slow, you would probably only get to whatever Jello gets to (Plus or minus a few)

8. HoundsOfHowl

I've got a slider set to work with if anyone wants to help me test that. It's here - http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/ibos-heisman-sliders.99928/

Also, Masler you should maybe set up the Custom Conferences to this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As73AmfKTM0adC1BY3BZVmxiMUktemFjSHh6bVBzWWc#gid=0

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Personally, I don't want us to all eventually max out. I'd prefer the league have some differences between coaches. I vote slow or slowest.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jello1717

I'm only through 2 seasons on slow. On normal I'm through 5 seasons and I'm lvl 27 (with a few BCS bowl wins and 1 conf. champ). I'm trending to be level 42 by the start of season 10 (which is enough for 1/3 in the top tier of both trees, but 12 points away from being maxed).

As far as differences between coaches go Masler, we may have to look at this. Anyone who's spend any time checking out the trees will likely dump all of their points into recruiting. The high level GM (game management) skills should be very nice, but their prereqs suck. You need to spend 10/12 points in the prereqs and I'd personally only find 3/10 useful (but if you like matchup stick it's still probably only 6/10). Because of that I see everyone just spending their first 23 points all in recruiting with only minor differences in the lower levels of the tree.

An idea being bounced around in the NCAA sub-forum is to enforce a ratio between the trees. I think at least 1:3 (GM:recruiting) would be good. If someone wants to go full out GM and get coachstradamus and clutch, then more power to them and they should be allowed (since they're wasted so many points just to be able to buy those uber skills) but we probably shouldn't allow anyone to go full recruiting.

That's just something to think about.

11. dakota7

I haven't read everything about the game, unlike the past few years. I'm gonna ask some remedial questions, and i apologize in advance.....how many coach levels are there? How many upgrades does it take to max out? (Skyrim was 81, and fwiw is my only other RPG experience)

12. jello1717

This is for the Head coach:

2 skill trees
    9 skills per tree
    3 levels per skill
    54 maximum points
    4 tiers
    3 points in a tree to open tier 2
    10 points for tier 3
    20 points for tier 4

• Like Like x 1
  13. dakota7

So 54 is the magic number? I'd prefer a progression rate that averaged less than 5 per year, probably closer to 2-3 a year.

14. Hova

Why would we not want anyone to go full recruiting? That's what your going to need to build your program and compete with CPU. I think CPU may actually stay competitive recruiting wise this cycle.

15. jello1717

The fear is that on e were full recruiting (which we all would be since its unquestionably the best option) that we'll all dominate the recruiting trails just like in every other release.

16. Hova

Any data to back this up? Won't all other CPU coaches start higher than level 1? (assuming we start at lvl 1) They should theoretically always be higher levels than us.

17. dakota7

Except when Bama fires Saban and replaces him with a lvl 8 coordinator.

That being said, I'm against any restrictions on how we upgrade our coach. Let the free spending begin.

18. Hova

We will have firings on? Someone in our conference will get fired for sure with so many users around lol

19. dakota7

Can't turn it off. They removed that option.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hova

What happens if one of us gets fired?

21. dakota7

Reinvited to same school, but you lose your progress.

22. jello1717

I also would hate being forced to spend points in stuff I don't want, but if anyone wants there to be variety in user coaches, without restrictions there won't be (and there still might not be even with restrictions either).

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well... That day has come. Gotta agree with jello here. I'd prefer a ratio of some sort. That way, you still can pour a majority into recruiting but can't go guns blazing into it. I like the 3:1 ratio mentioned earlier

24. jello1717

The Experience

So I've finished my progression tests (through 6 seasons on normal and through 8 seasons on slow). Basically, with the rare exception, after that 1st year on normal speed coaches gain 4 levels/year and on slow speed coaches gain 2 levels/year.

This means that beginning your 10th season, coaches should be right around the following levels:
    Normal: Lvl 43
    Slow: ~ lvl 25

If we do normal, we should all have the top tier skills in both trees by season 10 (which sounds like too much to me). With no enforced ratio, we'd have the top tier recruiting skill after only 4 seasons.
    If we do slow, we'd only ever get 1 of the top tier skills (we'd need to play about 18 seasons to unlock them both) and this sounds kinda slow, but probably better than having everyone unlocking every skill (but not maxing them all out).

25. HoundsOfHowl

I think slow is good if we do no ratio enforcement.

Normal I vote for a 2:1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.