Final recruiting rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jul 17, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Final recruiting rules

The final rules are posted now in the League description. I want them as simple as possible. I am new to recruiting rules, so help me out. I need to know what the penalty should be for breaking one of these rules. I have no idea how to administer that. Some help please.
    I left out the extra scholarship for winning the conference, and you can talk anyone into staying except >95 players. (4) 5 star recruit max. And 73 players total. If i have made a mistake let me know. If you just don't like the rules, then lets give them a try.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The recruiting rules look perfect!

For penalties, at least what I've seen in other leagues, is that if you go over the scholarship limit or in our case if you sign more than the allotted 4 Five stars, you should lose scholarships for the next year. Either 1 or 2 scholarships for each player you go over by.

An alternative to this for the 5 star rule, since people may try to sign more five stars and just lose a couple 4 star scholarships the next year should be something like either:
    A) lose 3 or 4 scholarships the following season (which still may not be worth a ridiculous 5 star guy)
    B) lose 2 scholarships next season, and be required to cut one of your 5 star players.

3. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

or you can only sign 2 5 star players the next year and you have to cut however many of the five stars you went over by for that year.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that are 95 or better
    C = Three additional scholarships to provide a cushion.
    D = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships.

I have 7 offensive seniors, 9 defense seniors, no one over 95 so I have 19 available scholarships right? Just want to make sure I know what's going on.

5. GoGators

YESSIR!!!!

6. GoGators

I know we don't want to keep making changes and we want to get the dynasty started, but from what I've heard, the guys over at OFFL are onto something new in the way of recruiting. They should have something posted soon and I'll try to look into it to see if it may be worth implementing here too.

I don't think it's something we should wait for though. If it's worth while, we can make the chance midway through year one or after year one. Let's start Tuesday when the patch drops!

7. BDSDIGITAL

No 5 star restrictions?

8. GoGators

Max is 4 5*'s per year.

9. lilmaggie

Yes , that is correct, max is four 5-stars per year.

10. lilmaggie

That is correct as long as you currently have 70 players on your roster. Don't forget to factor in how mant guys you have now. if you only have 68 on your current roster, then you would have 21 scholarships. (70-current roster) + 19= 21. At least that is the way I meant for it to work. Does that sound right to you guys?

11. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Yup sounds good to me

12. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Did you want to wait till Lan's V2 rosters with edits are released or roll with the current ones? I found multiple minor changes with Va Tech's roster I could just make those changes(no rating changes)and upload my version for our league to download and anyone one else that needs to make changes to their team can do the same. I could care less about the cpu teams. Plus after a couple of years it is all irrelevant.

I would like to start sooner than later myself. If thats the case. I say we start on our own team roster edits now, so we will be able to start Tuesday. Just give me the word. I will make my changes and post it so the next person can download my roster and work on their team if needed.

13. GoGators

I'd like to update my UF roster. It needs changes but I haven't had time to do them yet. I'm down to just do them ourselves and start once that's complete.

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I made a thread about doing changes. We can post there our wanted changes. We just have to work together and we could have an updated roster done by tomorrow.

15. BDSDIGITAL

Ok and redshirt players are included in the final roster number right?

16. GoGators

Yessir!!!