Final Rosters and what the plan is from here

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by kdpnutter, Sep 5, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Word has officially come down that Final Rosters/Roster update is not coming until next week. Well guess what that leaves us two options.

1) We wait for final rosters and wait until next week

2) We start this week on Friday as originally planned with and do the preseason stuff over the weekend with doing our own cuts and simming the preseason games. Regular season starts on Monday. (Which is leading the poll on skipping preseason games)

I will do a final check in thread this week, and anyone not accounted for before Friday will be replaced before the league starts up.

I do not want to see this league lose interest because of a late start and I know everyone is anxious to get this thing going.

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    NateDawg
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Snozberriez8198
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

2. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

So are we voting on these 2 options? We initially voted to stick it out and I say stay the course. I'm sure everyone is still struggling finding a playbook. I'm stuck between about 4 of them and still don't know which to go with and I've played at least 30 games online already. i'm sure others have played way more than i have.

• Like Like x 1
  3. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

kdpnutter roster update is this weekend on saturday

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yes, but it wont be available for CCM online or offline until next week according to the Madden Facebook.

5. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

nvm just seen its only for online games and play now games ccm is next week srry about that

6. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

well im here 2 the end whether we do it this week or next week doesnt matter to me

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

That's what I want to know, because I just don't want people to lose interest because of the long delay. I know I have received a lot of feedback on people being ready to play.

All the roster update ultimately is going to do according to the Madden website will give us the 53 man roster to start with and not having to do the 73 person roster cuts.

8. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Eh and add new acquisitions I would assume. Whateva my man. If people can't wait until next week those are the flakes that wouldn't make it through the season anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I understand, talking to Shaun with what TMFL is doing and seeing what Ryno is doing with TLY, I figured I would pose it the group to think about as the other leagues are all starting and not waiting so didn't want to at least put the option out there for people to decide if they want to get going now, or still wait and hold out. I'm okay with either, I may seem like a dictator at times but I do like getting input from everyone so the more opinions on it I get the better.

10. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Either way is fine with me

• Like Like x 1
  11. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

For those with questions about ratings and adjustments to them, this is from a conversation that TMFL had today about it.

Matrix Monkey said:
    Eh, I'll go with the flow, but would prefer correct rosters/ratings.​

That is the reply from Shaun in regards to it, so rating adjustments would be very minimal.

12. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

First I 100% agree with element's thoughts on guys flaking now...they'll flake soon enough anyway.
    I'm pretty surprised the other leagues are moving forward...are they planning on doing their own roster updates themselves or are they making their own personnel decisions? I know the Lions roster would change a little since Stovall starts in the game and isn't on the roster IRL anymore. They also cut Smith, their 2nd best corner and picked up someone else.
    If the plan is to get started, let's just do it tonight then...why wait?

13. MartyBall101

MartyBall101 Walk On

My vote is to wait for the updated rosters, whats another few days?

However, I am good with anything.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yes, we would be making our own roster moves, I am going to wait and see what a few more opinions are, however it seems at this point as if we will be waiting for next week to start the league unless I get a few opinions stating otherwise.

15. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

I say we wait to make it more realistic!!!

16. Fast Feet Pete

Fast Feet Pete Walk On

I agree, It's really not a big deal IMO to wait a few extra days to make sure we start the season the way the real NFL teams will start theirs roster-wise. Also, a few extra days to make some changes to settings (if needed) and to check out more playbooks wouldn't hurt.

17. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

We have waited this long, another couple of days isn't going to make anyone drop the league (well I hope not).

18. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

im willing to wait for the official rosters.. or we can all just abide by real life and release players who should be released in real life?

19. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I'd vote to wait for final rosters. It's a couple days. Yea I want to get going, but I also don't want T.O. and Kellen Winslow's contract on my hands to start the season :p

20. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I would be drooling if I were you to have T.O. on the team, T.O. is still solid. Winslow I think will be serviceable for someone but just don't think he is anything long term at TE.

21. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I dunno, the games I've played with Seattle so far, T.O.'s dropped more than he's caught and is like 4th on the depth chart. Like noticeably dropping a lot. Granted his contract isn't bad, but Madden seems to take into pretty good account his 2 years away from the NFL. Winslow, on the other hand, wasn't bad in the game, but he was gonna take up a decent chunk in cap space. I did like having him and Zach Miller flanking the o-line, having two TEs with good hands is never a bad thing. But yea, I'm all for waiting for final rosters.

22. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Im ready to get this going.

23. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

To sim through preseason would result in some very strange cuts. However, those cuts are typically limited to older players or overpaid average players. I suggest we sim through most of the preseason and allow the user to make the finals cuts in week 4.

24. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Id prefer to wait for updated rosters for sure!!

25. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

We could just cut our roster down to 53 players now in week 1 and no cuts would be made that you didnt want.

• Like Like x 1