Final Season Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, May 31, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Michigan State Spartans

[​IMG]

Looking at my graduating class, I thought this would be a down year for MSU and I tempered my expectations. Now that the offseason has come and gone, my thoughts have changed. These Spartans look dangerous.​

Strengths:
    • Quarterback: Junior Nicholas Brunner is a 96 overall stud. He is a legitimate dual threat with 91 speed, 91 acceleration, 91 agility, 85 break tackle, 98 elusiveness, 90 THP and 91 THA. Not to mention 80 awareness.
    • Offensive Line: MSU lost a lot of talent here, but had some young guys waiting in the wings. All but the right guard are rated 93 or above.
    • Wide Receiver: This position was a bit of a weakness last season, but guys have progressed nicely. Jon Kendrick and JB Mack are both 87 overall and have excellent speed and hands. This is a solid group that should be very productive.
    • Linebacker: 97 over ROLB Emmanuel Cleveland is now a 3 year starter and leads a very deep group. MLB Randall Bonds has played a significant role his entire college career and the 90 Ovr MLB looks to take the next step this fall.

Weaknesses:
    • Defensive line: The Spartans lost their two stud DTs last season and are replacing them with two sophomores, both of which are rated 83 overall. The DE's from last year were freshman and are still very wet behind the ears. This group isn't bad, but it lacks depth and experience.
    • Secondary: This group is a lot stronger than it has been in years past, but it is still the least talented group on the team other than FB.

Expectations:
    • Not to put a target on my back, but it's national champs or bust this year. I have probably the deepest and most talented team yet and without the Gators in consideration this year there is no reason that I shouldn't be right there at the end. My biggest challenge looks to be in week 1 against Dakota, the winner of this game might determine the national champ for our final season.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alabama Crimson Tide

Strengths:
    Brown (95 ovr) and Bowser (99 ovr) look to be a very dangerous duo this season as Alabama is calling this their last chance for some glory. Bowser gained a great backup in the form of Wheatley (96 ovr), which could turn Alabama in a two back system for the first time in many years. Brown has alot to work with as well with a stellar receiving corps with the lowest rated player being 82 ovr, even the returning TE's look to make a big splash. Even the backup QB looks like a stud.

A surprise here as the Alabama defense looks to finally have some depth to it and IMO should be feared this season. The front seven are phenominal and should cause problems against every team this year. And FINALLY the secondary looks like it can stop the passing game, they are all in the mid to high 80s but some of their most important skills are right where they should be.

Weaknesses:
    The weakest thing I saw while looking through the depth chart was the O Line. They are terrible except for a 93 ovr RT. If we don't get them to protect Brown or pave roads for Bowser, Alabama could be one hurt team. Other that this blemish, we look solid.

Expectations:
    SEC Champions. With Gators taking a rest there is nothing standing in our way from claiming the SEC title. I don't think we have quite what it takes to be National Champs but we can still try as hard as we can. A tough schedule looms ahead of us as always. We got stuck with a boring BYE Week 1 but get thrown right into the thick of it with a Week 2 matchup vs Florida State. It is time to prove Alabama has what it takes, things have just been rough the last few years. ROLL TIDE!!

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

@Shaun Mason...why is everything I just typed double-spaced?

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Offense:
    • QB: Steve Barnes returns under center and has upped his rating to 99 OVR w/ 99 THA & THP. THe Wolverines will go as far as the fifth year Senior takes them.
    • RB: Four year starter Joe Fontaine returns and looks to improve upon last years solid performance. Backups Kevin Smith, Chase Berg, & Steve Brooks will add depth and spell Fontaine. Look for true Freshman Paul Culver to see some action also. Lead blocker and capable receiver Andrew Moore returns for his second season as a starter.
    • WR/TE: Apart from Barnes at QB, the receivers are probably the strongest unit for Michigan this year. Justin Henley (99 ovr), Terrance Wilcox (96 ovr) & Josh Wright (86 ovr) are the starting wideouts and equally dangerous playmakers.
    • OL: LT Keith Hall and C Gary Williams will anchor the offensive line that lost the other three starters from a year ago. We will see how well the line gels to determine how far the Wolverines will go.
    Defense:
    • DL: This is where the concern lies for Michigan going into this year. Michigan will have three new starters on the defensive front and time will tell how well the new trio can perform. Mark Donaldson, Seth Reed and Jon Lewis all saw time action backups last year but life as a starter is completely differently.
    • LB: Brian Kendrick is a three year starter and personifies the word "playmaker." Michigan will need him to be a leader and dominate games to make up for deficiencies in other areas of the defense. Desmond Woods will see his second year as a starter and will be looked upon to continue his progression from a year ago.
    • CB: Jason Adams has started as free safety the past two years but with the depth at the position and need at CB he will line up out wide this year. Ryan Williams had a strong redshirt freshman season scoring two defensive TDs. He will need to play as well if not better this year as a starter.
    • S: Edwin White is a JUCO newcomer with solid coverage and tackling skills at FS. The other starter at safety is Thomas Jordan, who supplants Seth Clark. Jordan has good tackling and cover skills to compliment White. Reserves Clark and true freshman Brandon Baker will see plenty of gametime in subsets. Baker is an intriguing player as he has very good speed and tackling skills but needs to improve upon his cover skills to truly assist on the backend of the defense.
    My skill players offensive are the best I've had in this release. If my lines hold up and I can avoid the stupid stuff in User games, big things are possible for UM.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Is it always like that?

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Short and sweet...

Strength - HB Lee Jolly...expect heavy doses of the run game when playing me. Got away from it in our first game but Edge's defense had my mind all mixed up.

Weakness - Everyone else! My o-line is terrible, especially against the Big Boys (found this out last night versus Georgia). My secondary is pretty crappy too.

Expectations - With the schedule we have, 6-6 would be a good record, with games @ Michigan State, vs Clemson, @ Georgia Tech, @ Virginia Teach and Miami.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Florida State

Offense-- Lost 3 superstar wide receiver, which will slightly change the focus of the offense. The Noles will feature a power running game with sophomores Jimmy Hoffman and Gerry Alexander. QB Jameel Huffman takes over as the full time starter.

Defense-- This is the backbone of this team, as they return 8 starters from last years team. This unit is fast, athletic and talented. Although they are undersized, expect big things out of the defensive line. They are quick technicians. The linebacking crew is led by junior MLB Todd Cannon. The secondary is a big play unit, led by safeties Jason Davis and Maurice Walker.

This is the best team in Tallahassee in the last 9 seasons. Expectations are high.

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

It happens when you format your text to a different size and then try to type in the normal size. I would suggest typing everything out first, then format the text to whatever size and color you'd like.

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Clemson Tigers

Offense - We lost QB Aaron Sanders to the NFL, opening up a QB competition between senior Tyron Berg and sophomore Hassan Smith. The running game should be strong with seniors Jorge Irvin and Mark Allen. Chris Quinn will lead the WRs, but expect true freshman Marvin Harris to get some PT as well. The offensive line will be good as well with 3/5 rated 91 or better.

Defense - This unit is somewhat young, and could have turned into a nightmare for other coaches. A Junior, 2 Sophs, and a Freshman will start on the defensive line. They are inexperienced, but they are talented with Marvin Stone leading the way at DT. Anchoring the defense will be senior MLB Shawn Henderson. He will be flanked by JR Reggie Robinson and Soph Jonathan Anderson. 4 year starter Dan Prince will lead the secondary from his CB spot.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

No, thats why I noticed it right away

11. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

GEORGIA BULLDOGS

ga football.jpg

OFFENSE
    · QB - Stanley Johnson takes over and is solid. 89 ovr, 77aw, 88thp, and 90tha.
    · RB - 2017 Walker winner Bryan Carter returns and is heart of the offense. Great all round back with good speed, but loves the trenches.
    · WR - No superstars but enough to keep the passing game respectable for Carter. TE Peter Morrow is the key 90ovr
    · OL - All but one are Sr’s lead by Center Ricky Smith. Good enough to open lanes for the ground game.

DEFENSE
    · DL – Solid front four lead by RE Derek Jackson who had 5 sacks last year.
    · LB - The back seven is the strength of the Defense starting with ROLB Sean Robinson. A quick closer with 96 block shedding, 97 pursuit, and 99 hit power also solid in coverage. FR MLB Kurt Williams will be a star in the future but for now just needs to play good.
    · DB – The heart of the Defense lead by All Americans CB Patrick Porter and SS Kirk Lambert. FS Clayton Bass roams the field like a cheetah to clean up any mistakes.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

It’s a senior lead team with talent on both sides of the ball. With the return of Bryan Carter anything other than a BCS game is considered a failure. The team is good enough to contend for the SEC title so we shall see.

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    WHy does it seem Berg has been there for ever? Did I get beat out by you recruiting him or something?

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

He is a RS Senior, recruited way back during season 4. I pulled him out of Washington so I'm not sure if any other users were going for him. He had a chance to start but broke his vertebrae as a frosh, then Aaron Sanders came in as the #1 QB in the class and he only saw the field when Sanders was injured.

Not sure if I want to go with him or the more athletic younger guy.

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's right he's the one with a broken vertebrae. That's why I remember him, crazy injury for this game.

15. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

LSU
    Offense - Led by JR QB Craig Mitchell, Mitchell is a decent QB at best. #1 on the roster but nothing to call home about. Has ok speed and can often take the QB keeper on read plays. SR RB Arnold is our best offensive player by far. Good speed and 90+ brk tackle. Can catch out of the backfield and will be the focus of this offense this yr. At WR we lost our best WR in Jevon Dean, Dean was a do it all WR and will be missed this yr. Trying to replace him with the #2 and #4 WR in this past yrs class.

Defense - Dont really know where the strength on this side of the ball is. Lost our best defensive player and leader Devon James. Building on a secondary that played last yr as freshman and brought in a couple key JUCO guys this yr to hope and inprove it more.

ST - Lost our kicker who proved he could hit from about anywhere. Will be soley missed.

Expectations - not to have a yr like last yr. That was turrible

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well once again my defense doesn't live up to their potential. Ugly first game, so many opportunities not taken it makes me sick

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Ohio state has the starters to be competitive to an extent, but the loss of deep threat Ridgeway hurts OSU's ability to really stretch a defense down the field. Its a shame too as my rs Soph QB Barnes sports a 98 thp and 98 tha. SO RB Davis had a good showing in week 1 and that should continue through the rest of the season.