Final Vote: Sim Season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RFF, Oct 29, 2015.

?

Final Sim Vote

1. Sim every other regular season.

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Sim every other regular season & playoffs, except Super Bowl.

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. RFF

RFF Walk On

Re-posting this because I care:

To me it's always been crazy to sim playoffs. So many huge games are fun for the league and for the guys whose teams sim into an opportunity to play in those huge games. The point of sim seasons is to give users who excel at team building a bit better chance to get into these situations than those who are strictly awesome users. Simming the playoffs is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. We're talking ~6 days, and you prevent 10 teams from getting to make a playoff run. Half of you are in 2-3 leagues, we can't allow less than a week to get some exciting playoff games in? Sure, it gets slow for a couple weeks for people who didn't make it, and there definitely will be belly-aching, but the loudest complainers are all still here. Moreover, a short break every few months can help the league even if guys don't love it at the time. Helps with burnout long-term.

I strongly urge people to vote against simming the playoffs. This league is made up of exciting game memories, and players jockeying for the opportunity to play in these playoff games. Eliminating this opportunity during sim seasons defeats the whole purpose of having sim seasons in the first place.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. RFF

RFF Walk On

Freakskull if you'd like to sticky this & tag folks.

3. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

Voted for simming playoffs because it makes the downtime shorter

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Sim season, play playoffs, also, I think we should "pause" the sim twice (or three times) to allow for a little scouting, otherwise you end up with like 350 scouting points for the season..... Pausing twice means more like 600+

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

I voted to sim to the Superbowl.

My reasoning is
    1. We save nearly a week of downtime. Important for non playoff teams (1/2 the league)
    2. There just isn't as much league interest during the post sim playoffs (Based on HaW 15)
    3. I believe there would be massive interest for the Superbowl from the whole league.
    4. I think it is a better test of gm skills. Building a team that will sim the Superbowl is much more difficult than just the playoffs.

Food for thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On