FINAL WARNING - PLAY SIM

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Sep 26, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

You would think that having everyone acknowledge that they have read and understand the rules would be enough. However, I am still getting complaints of multiple players not following the rules and not playing within the sim guidelines.

Here is a list of things most commonly complained about:
    • Running the same routes over and over (I don't care what your justification is, you MUST mix up your play calling and routes or you can leave).
    • Relying on the same few plays over and over (This is called exploiting money plays and is NOT allowed. Go into practice mode and learn to diversify your playcalling or leave)
    • Manually moving players on special teams (This is clearly stated in the Rules/Guidelines as not being allowed. You will follow these Rules/Guidelines or you will leave.)
    • Moving more than one player on defense (This is generally used to set up nano blitzes and is NOT allowed. Again, this is addressed in the Rules/Guidelines. You will adhere to this or you will leave.)
    • Manually dropping players into coverage (While not specifically stated in the rules, this is generally frowned upon in sim leagues. You MAY hot route a defensive lineman to drop into coverage, however, you MAY NOT manually drop one into coverage. If you control a defensive lineman, you MUST be rushing the passer. You NEVER see DEs or DTs drop into coverage and roam the field in real life like users do with them in this game so this IS NOT allowed. If you cannot comply then you can leave.)
    • Not using inside runs and exclusively trying to run the ball outside (This is specifically addressed in the rules and numerous other threads on here. It is much easier to run outside than to run inside on this game. TOUGH. Its part of football and it can be done. At least half of your runs MUST come between the tackles or you will leave.)
    • Calling inside runs and running outside (This has been addressed in numerous threads on here and I've encouraged everyone to read the thread at HK outlining why this is not sim. You will follow this rule or you will leave.)
    • Running no huddle outside of the guidelines specified in the Rules/Guidelines (I know teams do this in real life but the game just does not allow the defense the necessary adjustments that you can make in real life. This rule is clearly defined in the Rule/Guidelines and EVERYONE will follow it or they will leave.)
    • Using bump coverage the entire game (I don't care what you think you saw in an NFL game, this is not sim and IS NOT allowed. If you cannot win without doing this or anything else over and over again, you are not very good and do not belong in leagues on here. If you cannot follow this guideline you will leave.)
    • Blitzing excessively (This is tricky as different teams use different amounts of blitzes. However, former Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson was said to blitz as much as 60% of the time (the most in the league). A blitz consists of rushing five or more players. In an effort to remain sim and mix up your plays, I would say that blitzing more than 60% is unacceptable. Again, if you have to rely on any strategy over and over to win, you need to practice more. If you cannot do this, you will leave.)
    I think you get the picture. You will abide by the Rules/Guidelines of this league (and TSO in general) or you will be removed. End of story.

I do not know why some of you failed to actually read the rules or why you think that they do not apply to you. However, they DO apply to EVERYONE and you have all acknowledged that you have read and understand them and you will ALL follow them. This will be your LAST warning to do so. I shouldn't have to make posts like this and others shouldn't have to play against people who won't follow the rules.

For the most part, I think 90% of the league is doing well. Outside of a few minor issues, I haven't had any problems personally. However, there have been a few complaints of players doing the things mentioned above. So, this is the FINAL WARNING to those players. Consider this strike two. It is up to you to make sure you understand the Rules/Guidelines.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. majesty95

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Salute!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaintRaw

SaintRaw Walk On

I'm interested in who's not playing sim

• Like Like x 1
  5. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

6. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

If Im not playing by the rules, please notified me ASAP. Thank you

7. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

AveryB is just a list tagging people to view.

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I have a few questions about these two points. On defense, I normally exclusively control one of the DEs unless a play is about to bust open and I have to try to run somebody down. That being said, I have a few plays in my 4-3 playbook that is designed to have a DE drop into pass coverage so is that allowed?

Also, with the running game, lets say I call a play that is designed to go off of the RT and during the play the defense is in position to make the stop, so am I prohibited from trying to cut back?

• Like Like x 1
  9. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

majesty95 Crumbler81

In my opinion, and this is strictly my own interpretation ... on run plays, as long as you are aiming for the hole in which the ball carrier is intended to go, then you could break it off into the next hole ... so if you are going off tackle right, then bumping to either the inside or the outside would be acceptable ... now if you are running a dive play off center and you hit speed burst to run outside of the tackles, then that is considered a violation of the rules

As far as defense linemen playing the pass, you should be fine if you drop them into zone coverage or man coverage to cover a TE ... if you pulling them out and manually run them deep down the field, then that would be considered a violation ... you almost have to drop linemen into coverage from time to time to prevent those pop passes to TEs and keep the opposing team honest ... in the real world, you dont see Suh running deep down the field to cover a WR ... that is best way to explain it from my perspective

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

In ncaa 11 (an i assume madden 11) it was hard to stop the slant. ppl would take a de and float him behind the center to stop the cheese slant over and over....thats why it is a rule

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Oh ok, that sounds about right. Normally on plays when my DE has to go in pass coverage I just let the CPU move him into his zone and cover receivers who come into that zone or just take control and run up to the line for run support or to apply pressure if it seems like there are no receivers coming to that side. I hardly ever control defenders in pass coverage because I screw it up 90% of the time lol.

12. lilaaddzz

lilaaddzz Walk On

I agree. Those not playing sim should be notified personally as well

13. majesty95

Well, if you read the recent threads I think you can figure one of them out, lol. I won't call people out publicly. Not every complaint has merit and some people are just having sour grapes. So, I will attempt to handle it privately. If it becomes an issue then they will be removed.

14. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

I record all my games, so if theres a problem i show film :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

So are you contacting the people privately? So if people have complained about us will we know?

16. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

I think that if an issue is brought up to you that the user in question should be messages privately immediately in order to know what he did and to either explain or recognize to not do it again.

I'll even admit that in my last game my opponent said that I used the linebacker wide shift and left and right a tad too much. I'm glad he did because now I know not to. This league is a learning process for many of us and knowing this ASAP can only help.

17. majesty95

Yes, if you had a complaint you would know.

18. majesty95

I do contact them in that way.

I'm not sure shifting your LBs is that big of an issue. I shift my line to the strong side quite a bit. In theory you could shift your LBs to get containment on the strong side. As long as you're not doing it to set up nano blitzes or to glitch the AI in some way, ti should be fine.

19. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

To be honest I have no idea what the ducks nano blitz even is. I just shift mine inside or outside depending on the tight end to cover strong sides and have my olb covering the rb better on pass coverage.

20. majesty95

That's fine. I nano blitz generally requires manually positioning of defenders to glitch the blocking AI to create instant and immediate pressure. Hence the "nano".

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

He didn't nano blitz at all..but he didn't switch it up...I didn't have a problem with it but I know others will...because it was like 90 percent of the game...like shifting dine one way and shifting the linebackers the other...it confuses the blocking assignments sometimes...but generally speaking it wasn't cheese to the point that I had to pause the game. Just have to remember to use that sparingly....

22. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I think the rules we have are a solid base on what is allowed and what is not. The shifting of the line is not considered cheese because its countered by the slide protection. Its the shifting of the line/linebackers in combination with multiple manual player movement that creates the nano.

Now there are some leagues that just don't want to have anything to do with determining if a Nano is being created by just eliminating manual pre-snap movement on defense. Let me tell you first hand that is most Simmest way to stop a lot of defensive gimmicks but it takes a lot of skill because your gonna miss getting that safety in position to stop the outside run. Not sure you wanna take that route but I have no problem either way.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

Shifting of lbs left and right before a hike is a nano.. Shifting them and leaving them is not...

24. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

if u dont believe me lets scrimmage 1 game

25. majesty95

I don't. No. Especially with allowing 3TE sets. You need to be able to shift. However, shifting both -Line and LBs at the same time should be used sparingly and only to account for super heavy sets to one side or the other.