Finally an Update

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Aug 29, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

EANCAAFootball EA NCAA Football

The update is hitting a bit later than expected because we addressed a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.
    28 minutes ago
    ยป
    [​IMG]
    EANCAAFootball EA NCAA Football

#NCAAFootball12 Title Update #2 Update: We have made it through internal certification and now we're waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft
    28 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball

Sounds like Sept 7th may just be the date. I'm hoping for this week, Tuesday or Thursday, but only time will tell.

2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

stability issues better = transfer failed & user games...

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Is that from twitter?

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yes. They posted it earlier. Finally some news but I want to see the actual patch uploading in my xbox.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well at least we got news as the month comes to an end. I absolutely hate how "sometime this month" always seem to translate to "the very last possible moment in August"....and they didn't even make THAT deadline.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'm sure they will claim they did make the deadline (by the end of August) but that it's not their fault it takes another week for Microsoft/Sony approval.

Bottom line...hopefully it's worth the wait!

7. GoGators

Can't believe this crap has probably cost us an entire season already.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm pretty sure that they had the patch ready in time to meet their deadline (even after the 2 weeks it takes M$ to verify the patch) but then they started hearing about all of these OD issues (which weren't addressed in their initial patch since they didn't know about them) so they pulled the patch back so that they can fit in these new fixes.

Given the fact that games only get so many free patches (2 or 3) before M$ charges the company money, and the fact that I'm sure most game companies will only release as many free patches as they can and won't pay for an extra patch, I'm glad that they delayed this patch so that they can fit in fixes for these new issues.

9. GoGators

I hope you're right.

10. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I just hope they get it right and the game plays the way it was intended to when it came out. I'm a little bumed out becasue I just signed up for the prem league this year and it's my only league. I dropped all my other ones so I could focus on this one and this is just killin it for me.

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

As somber as it has been around here, I can honestly say that I am really looking forward to getting back into it with my fellow Experience members. Regardless of this speed bump, I'm confident we'll be back on track and this will continue to be an amazing OD when pumping on all cylinders.

Anyway, guys, I am pushing off the port of Bayonne, NJ now. Although hurricane Irene set our launch back a day, we are projecting to be in Bermuda by Wednesday. I will be checking in periodically. See you all soon!

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

My biggest fear is that while fixing stuff (and there's a lot of shit to fix in '12 so there's lots of opportunities for this) EA will completely break something else. I'm sure we all remember how a patch in '11 introduced the dreaded pump fake glitch (where if you pump faked backwards the entire defense would take off towards the QB). While that glitch didn't affect me (since I only played against the CPU or TSO guys) it destroyed the lobby games. I'm just so scared that EA will introduce a bug that's catastrophic to dynasties (online and/or offline).

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have to agree, my life has been pretty dull without any TSO games to play

• Like Like x 1
  14. dakota7

Sailing to Bermuda? Who the hell are you?

15. GoGators

This is Randy, I'm convinced:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I told my wife that if we were advancing on a fast pace we would have lost power from the hurricane. But since we did not we are still stuck on waiting for the patch.

17. GoGators

Where do you live? I always assumed out west considering your GT.

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    In Hampton, VA 20 minutes north of VA Beach. We had a tree on the house but kept power.

[​IMG]

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

20. GoGators

Damn...I'm assuming there was no damage??? Looks like a good time to have a backyard camp fire!

21. dakota7

At least it looks like a small tree.

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    About a foot and a half hole with some water damage inside. Definitely better than the 35 foot pine tree I stared at all day Saturday.

23. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Big game this weekend up here Oscar Smith is coming up to play Gilman in the I-95 classic friday night should be a great game. My Son kicks off his season Thursday night in the classic against Friendship collegiate academy out of DC who was on ESPN Sunday against Taft out of OH. Man I love football season.

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    As amped for some HS football until that bitch Irene ruined the weekend. Oh well NCAA kickoff weekend is here. To quote Bart Scott, 'Cant wait! Can't wait!'

• Like Like x 1
  25. GoGators

Big Suge Knight

Man I wish we'd get this damn patch already.......I can't wait to take Michigan to the woodshed!!!