Finally!

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

#6 Nebraska - 49
    #5 Texas - 14

[​IMG]

PLAYER OF THE GAME:
    MLB Donald McCoy: 2 TKLS, 3 INT, FF

For the first time since 1999, the Big 12 Championship trophy comes home to Lincoln! It's been a long time coming for Nebraska, who hasn't lost more than 2 games in a year so far under Coach Blonde, who has brought this team (and held them) at a 6 star prestige. Now they finally get their long-awaited Big 12 Title, and maybe the :5stars: recruits were waiting for this the whole time, and will finally lean toward Nebraska instead of Oklahoma and Texas. The Huskers caught some breaks in the Championship Game in Dallas, and capitalized on some bad throws by Texas, but the running game was a machine, and this game was never in doubt. The offense only threw the ball 10 times, and held the Longhorns to 10 rushing yards the whole game.

The game couldn't have started better for Nebraska, or worse for Texas. Less than a minute in, QB Justin Ryan took off an option keeper 65 yards for a touchdown, and gave Nebraska the early 7-0 lead. On Texas' second play from scrimmage, the Longhorns managed to fumble it away inside their own territory, and Nebraska pounded the rock into the end zone for another quick score, this one from McKenzie, who had 3 rushing TD on the day. Almost immediately, Texas' starting QB Stephon Williams overthrew a pass over the middle, and MLB Donald McCoy was there to pick it off. On the very next play, Justin Ryan found TE Dylan Moses for a 32 yard touchdown, and the Huskers held the early 21-0 lead.

Texas would respond in a hurry, hucking and chucking it down the field on their way to a 36 yard touchdown pass. But unfortunately for Texas, their defense couldn't stop the Nebraska running attack. The Huskers would methodically push the ball downfield with Ryan and McKenzie before Ryan ran for his 2nd TD of the game. Adding injury to insult, Texas QB Stephon Williams was knocked out of the game in the 2nd quarter, and his backup, Brandon Mackey, would struggle mightily, barely getting 100 yards passing and throwing 4 INTs. After Nebraska got another TD run by McKenzie at the end of the half, the Huskers were in control, 35-7.

Texas would throw another INT on their first play of the 2nd half, and Mackey would be the victim of a pick-six later on in the game. The Longhorns struggled to pass the ball with Mackey, and if Williams hadn't been hurt this might have been a different game, but when you get 5 rushing TDs and force 5 INTs, the chances aren't good for your opponent. GG Slick, I know you were probably cursing at the top of your lungs for most of the game, and there was nothing you could do when it came to my front seven pushing yours around.

Now all Nebraska has to do is go beat Penn State (again :p) and win the National Championship to complete this dream season.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Congrats on the season Blonde, even if the ending was disappointing.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm used to disappointing lol but my team should be better overall next year, even if I'm losing my 3 99OVR guys