Finishing out 2009

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, May 3, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Finishing out 2009

We have a couple key members of the West league dropping their teams mid season so just making sure the rest of us are going to play this year out and finish it off with a serious effort next season, which should be our final for the 2009 version.
    If Shaun is taking over OSU for AG right now, mid season, my suggestion is that he intentionally loses a game (not vs. Michigan because I would like to play that one straight up) so Mazz and Cole can move up in the polls. At this point in the season, if AG is no longer in the picture, those 2 probably deserve to be at the top based on how they have played.
    I am 100% down for playing this out til 2010 drops as I think my Michigan squad could be a contender next season.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Im definitely planning on finishing out this league until the new game drops.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I am going to keep the Trojans until 2010 drops.

Shaun

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Did you just say someone should intentionally lose?

Someone put the logic together for me.

I was going to offer my team to Shaun so he can, if he wants, have as much fun as possible with the rest of this season. I'll gladly take another team (maybe his USC squad) and keep playing. Dat gave HItman his Irish team because he just wasn't that excited about the whole restart. He made that clear from the start, and I have no issue with the move. I don't think anyone does.

We might lose a few guys for whatever reason in the next few months. We might limp to the finish with six in each league before we start up again in July. At this point, that's just fine with me. Part of me just wants out of the title race so those who haven't played in it can get a shot. I thougth a season in which I was out of the picture might help guys get into the last few weeks. I thought it would be a good time to make the change, for everyone, I mean.

I just checked my email, and Shaun turned me down. He's keeping his Trojans. That's cool. I'll gladly finish up '09 with my boys in scarlet and gray.

5. I'm in......

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am in, lets do this.

Hopefully we make it all the way through NEXT season -- Oregon is shaping up to be NASTY next year, and I get to play all you MOTHER #*%#&%# on MY field next year :D

7. Juggernautblitz

AG, I love ya and the yoeman's work you do to keep this league at the top but if I have to use up some of my energy stores on a Sunday afternoon to explain the logic in that, I am losing my hope in the human race.
    Yes, since Shaun just lost to Cal with his very highly rated USC squad, it would not be fair to Cole or Mazz or any other undefeated users for Shaun to take over the #1 undefeated Buckeyes and have an almost guaranteed shot at the title game. Cole and Mazz probably have the best resumes so far this year of any of the users and for Shaun to be able to jump back over them by getting to switch to the Bucks would be ridiculous. No problem if he wanted to take them over but the only honorable thing to do would be to lose a game to let those guys move in front of him. Since it appears he wants to stay with USC and you OSU, crisis averted but that obviously would have been the right thing to do.
    Wow, can't believe I had to break that down.

8. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I honestly think that you care about this far, far more than Cole or Mazz would. Most people don't care if they happen to end up with an extra user game or two. What difference does it make if they play shaun instead of AG?

9. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Well unfortunatley I don't think UF will lose any games to get out of the number 2 spot in the BCS. So unless AG or Florida get a loss, looks like I will be staying in the #3 or 4 spot unless I get beat in my final 3 games.

10. Juggernautblitz

Raz, an extra user game or two? What in the heck are you talking about? It wouldn't be about Mazz or Cole playing AG or Shaun it would be about a guy that just got pretty well handled by Cal, while using one of the top rated teams on the game in USC suddenly being handed another undefeated team that is almost sure to end up in the title game. Nothing against Shaun but there must be some integrity held up that is fair to all 12 of the guys in the dynasty. No harm, no foul since it isn't happening though so let's move on.
    And yes, winning and competition does matter the most and 2nd most to me.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't say I got "well handled", I just played a crappy game.

I lost by 12 and I threw 4 picks! I realize I have a much better team but everyone plays a bad game now and then.:)

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

All he is really trying to say by all of that is that IF the move was going down (it's not, so this really is beating a dead horse and I apologize), it would only be fair to take your loss with you. I see his point and I agree with it, but since you aren't moving, this whole point really is moot.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I understand his point.:)

There is a reason I am not moving.:)

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

oOo.. touche!

:)

15. Juggernautblitz

Basis, thanks for putting it in more understandable terms than I did. He should take the loss with him, that is all I was saying. And I guess it isn't fair to say Shaun got handled, but he lost by 12 with an extremely talented team.