Finishing Out NCAA 11/Going Into NCAA 12

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Mar 10, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ok time to stop having this discussion in the Vacation/Absence thread...

Like I stated in that thread... assuming online dynasty sticks with a max 12 schools the current 12 members in this league will have first dibs on the spots for NCAA 12 . Any members who join today or after would be next in line for the open spots.

With that said I have 2 questions for everyone in the league and this obviously doesn't lock you into anything.

1. What are your plans for the remainder of this game? I will keep the league running as long as we have enough members to keep it interesting.

2. Do you plan to play in this dynasty for NCAA 12? Once again I hope to have everyone back for next year's game.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I may stick with the league longer than I stated before. Don't know if I'll stay all the way til 12, but I want in for 12 for sure

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I plan on playing as long as you run this thing into '12. I am a teacher so with summers off it will give me something to do. As far as next year's set up. I agree 2 conferences would be the way to go as cpu games become meaningless after a couple seasons in. I think Big 10 vs SEC would give us the best/most teams to choose from and both would have a conference championship game. (dibs on the SEC)

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Dibs on whatever conference Hokie decides not to join :)

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Dibs on a Big 10 team then lol

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If I had to stick with one OD for NCAA 2012 it would be this one, so count me in. If we do the 2 conference setup we should really split it according to schedules (as was mentioned by slick in the other thread). Of course that would leave brave playing hokie again....

I'm around for a while, not sure I'll get all the way through July but we shall see.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'll rejoin as USC and will stay in until the end of this season, but I'm definitely done with this game after the ECB, C2C and T3 current seasons are over.

As far as next year that is complicated. And most of you know why. I'm fully planning on running a new league next year for a while next release, and I plan on being in ECB next year. Which by my calculations will leave me 1 league. I can't do 3 again. I just don't have it in me. I can do 3 for a while but not permanently and the league I start will be turned over to someone within 3-4 months of release.

That being said @bravejaf this is a really nice league. I'd argue the best on the site right now, and I'd like to have a spot if one is available for me. If this league was my primary premiere league focus I could bring a lot to the table.

If it's not I would understand and wouldn't hold it against anyone.

8. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I will stick with the '11 game for as long as it is running. I also will have Trifecta as my primary league in '12.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Yeah, I plan on being in this league as long it runs and will be in it next year. My Cougs are continually a rebuilding project, I couldn't leave them yet. I will probably disappear near the end of June and the beginning of July, (I will advise everyone the reason for this at that time) but will be back by the time the game comes out.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The spot is yours if you want it. I think I said that already. :)

I'm giving first dibs to guys who have been in this league for multiple seasons, which applies to everyone in the current group.

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Hey let's go back to this...

@Hokie Effect
    Bring your ass to the SEC where me and the Crimson Tide will be waiting on you...

12. BDSDIGITAL

I'm officially taking the position here.

I'll be more active next year I promise.

What's our format for next year do we know?

I'm pretty flexible on teams but I do have a few exceptions:

a. I will not use any big 10 team other than OSU....I hate all big 10 teams except my beloved Bucks.

b. I also hate Florida with a passion that is un matched.

Other than that I'm open to anything!

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well from the discussions I had with a few members, we are thinking of a 2 conference setup with Big 10 and SEC. This is far from finalized and we still have some time to discuss.

One question I would like to get clarified is people's status for next year. If the site limits us to 1 premier league, how many of you would drop this league? It is tough to figure now since we don't know which leagues will be premier. I'm assuming C2C will not be premier but Experience likely remains premier. Legacy also seems likely to get bump, as might ECB. This rule was discussed awhile back in one of the general forums, though nothing is finalized.

14. BDSDIGITAL

from what I've heard Shaun say, I would bet on the rule being 1 premiere dynasty.

Since I'm giving up C2C this will be my #1 dynasty so if that rule is passed this will be my premiere dynasty.

15. Hokie Effect

Consider it done. I am thinking LSU most likely, maybe Florida; and I appreciate the warm welcome.

16. Hokie Effect

If thats how it stands, it will definately shakeup the leagues as several of us are members of at least 2 potential premiere leagues. I would hate to see our dynasty be affected. I think this is a very solid group, maybe I will even get on the mic for '12.

17. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Both would be solid choices. Depending on Driskel's rating I would say Florida would be the better choice because you would have a solid young QB to build around. You may even like South Carolina because Connor Shaw is a solid dual threat QB that's gonna be a true sophomore this year and Auburn would be good as well. Although they lost Cam they have Kiehl Frazier who sounds like he is the QB of the future for Malzahn's offense.

Basically if you tell me the offense and defense you wanna run, I can fill you in on the best choice for you.

18. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

If we can only be in one premier league for '12 then Trifecta will be my league. I hope that C2C drops to non-premiere so we will not have to chose.

Since, it seems like I will not be able to run with my Longhorns in '12 becasue the Big 12 or 9 or whatever it will be will not have a championship game I am open to either conference or team.

Is there an option of putting say Texas into one of the other conferences with a championship?

I would prefer:

SEC: Florida, LSU, Auburn
    Big 10: Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We can talk about realigning conferences, as long as we don't go too crazy. Texas did technically consider Big 10 and SEC at some point, so I guess we could see about swapping them in. I would be opposed to something like USC to either conference, since it makes no logical sense.That is just an example. ND/Texas would be 2 teams I would not mind moving. The rest would take some selling by the requester.

C2C will not be an issue regarding premier leagues, trust me on that one. I can't go into more detail at this point but will let you know once I find out more.

20. Dru50

Something to consider-should we maybe draft teams according to coach ability? What I mean is that the coaches with the least success in NCAA 2011 get first crack at the top teams in NCAA 2012? This would allow some new blood to win some titles and increase the challenge for those who've shown the ability to consistently compete for a title.

21. Dru50

Something to consider-should we maybe draft teams according to coach ability? What I mean is that the coaches with the least success in NCAA 2011 get first crack at the top teams in NCAA 2012? This would allow some new blood to win some titles and increase the challenge for those who've shown the ability to consistently compete for a title.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I do like the idea, but a big reason many people (myself included) like this league is playing with their favorite team. I know Perry really wants Bama, I would like to have Ohio State again (w/ or w/o Pryor and Co.) and Slick wants Texas.

I'm not shooting down the idea, just submitting counter arguement.

23. Hokie Effect

If you are a foundation member you are allowed to be in multiple premiere leagues. Not sure if that pertains to any others. I think Texas would work in either Big 10 or SEC. As far as the draft, I think there are plenty of good teams between the Big 10 and SEC where everyone would have a shot at the title. If we can all agree on teams, then draft not needed. But I wouldn't oppose to a draft either...

tOSU
    PSU
    Nebraska
    UM
    Wisc
    Iowa
    Bama
    UF
    LSU
    UGA
    Aub
    USC
    Tenn

Texas??

24. Dru50

I'd like to stay in T3 for next year (in which case it would be my #1 focus as an OD), but in all honesty, if we don't set up the conferences so that nearly all of you EST guys are together and the CST/PST/late nighters are in the other it probably won't make much sense.

25. BDSDIGITAL

I have no inside info, but I personally expect this to change...maybe it will maybe it won't.

I am not interested in any of the scrub Big 10 programs available...

I'd strongly prefer S. Carolina, Tennessee, Auburn, or LSU

My #1 choice would be LSU, if I can't get them any of the other 3 would suffice.