First Attempt : Season 1 : Archives

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MartyWebb, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Hey guys, welcome to Against the Grain, a TSO Online Dynasty. We'll get to the introductions and setting up of the league as soon as we can, until then, we need to address some things. Two Conference setup or Three Conference setup. The first selection to receive 7 votes obviously will be the selection we use, then we can determine WHICH conferences. I'll abstain from voting until we start getting some in.

wahoogamer
    Will Clinton
    ZeroShock
    CTgotDaGameLokD
    Jolts57
    MS8403
    Fmode11
    busties
    TheGreatCV
    asurob
    GDip

Also, if you'd like to lobby for a particular choice, please voice it here. Thank you.

2. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I don't really care if we go 2 or 3 conferences. If we're on heisman mode I'd rather not deal with the cheating CPU so I'd say 2 conferences.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

2 conferences, rather have more user games, based on TSO rules on useing Aggressive gameplnning....CPU cheeses with no huddle, option plays, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  5. wahoogamer

wahoogamer Walk On

here

• Like Like x 1
  6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Alright guys, I want this dynasty to be as much yours as it is mine. That being said, I'm leaving it up to the league to determine whether or not we will be using Custom Playbooks or Not. It's a slippery slope, and if your application process and reading of the TSO rules has done anything, it's pointed out how against cheesy play we are here at TSO. That means running the same money plays, over and over and over. Only running out of HB Draws. I can go on and on and on. Custom Playbooks do two things, it allows you to make your playbook according to playstyle, but it ALSO encourages those that are non-sim style players to top load a playbook with 'money plays.' Plays specifically designed to use that are mostly indefensible. That won't be tolerated in the first place, so know if you're voting FOR Custom Playbooks, you're also signing that you will not do what I've previously stated.

Note: If you vote for no, you can still change your playbook for your team; IE: Using Army's playbook at Central Michigan.

Vote it up fellas!

wahoogamer
    Will Clinton
    ZeroShock
    CTgotDaGameLokD
    Jolts57
    MS8403
    Fmode11
    busties
    TheGreatCV
    asurob
    GDip

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

So the difference between most Premier Leagues and Non-Premier Leagues(us) is lack of content. Being new to the site, and for many of you this being your first league in this site, I don't want to overload you. I also don't want to be overloaded myself.

It will already be necessary to write game recaps, hence the Game Summaries forum. They can be really long, or reasonably short, but it won't be acceptable to just put :

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/week-1-season-1-results.80628/

^^^^ This is the Premier League I am in, Pushing For Paydirt, run by I Peench ^^^^
    While the videos, images and everything are fantastic, they won't be necessary for you guys. I would like to see initiative, but again, I don't want to ask too much. My goal is to make you a better TSO member, and more importantly, to ensure you have fun. You should be excited to see how the rest of the league is doing, we're in this together, even though we'll be battling to try and knock each other off each year. :p

Here's some ideas, and if you have some of your own, post them. If you'd like to sign on to the responsibility, claim it in this thread.

- Weekly Pick 'Em
    Posting 3 to 5 games a week, in advance to the current week(IE: We're playing Week 2, Week 3 would be posted.) Also, part of it will be to keep the tally over the course of the season which isn't too hard. The winner each season will receive something along the lines of an extra scholarship to give out, or the right to an 'untouchable' recruit the next season. We'll figure that along as we go.

- Touch 'em All
    A recap show, 3 to 4 times a season, discussing and maybe even criticising the rest of the league. Including previous game scores, upsets, big wins, etc. etc.

- Record Keeping
    I will provide the Excel Sheets, all that's left is updating it at the end of each season with Coaches' Season Record/Lifetime Record, League Records(Passing Yards in a Season/Career, Rushing Yards in a Season/Career, etc etc), and anything else I might drum up. Nothing too crazy or difficult as the file has it all at your fingertips.

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Any chance you could assign yourself an Icon? That thing is unbearable to look at, haha.

10. busties

busties Walk On

Here

• Like Like x 1
  11. busties

busties Walk On

I'm okay with custom playbooks

12. busties

busties Walk On

13. GDip

GDip Walk On

here

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I don't really understand why custom playbooks would ever be an issue as long as it sticks to the theme of the playbook. Take for instance I use Oregon's playbook. There's 2-3 forms I'll never use, then a couple I'd like to add. It isn't done to get specific plays in, but rather to get more forms taking advantage of my best personel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

soy aqui

• Like Like x 1
  16. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

Here!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I doubt I'll use them, but I won't vote 'No' to prevent others from doing so.

18. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I voted 3 to spread the users out.

19. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

I've been in online dynasties where we would do weekly recruiting updates. I liked seeing who everyone else was brining in. Just an idea.

20. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

this.

21. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Yeah we will have a recruiting thread, for basically recruiting banter throughout the season. Who you signed, who you lost, etc etc. The trick is trying to make this seem fluid and natural, not forced. Like we've been shooting the shit for a long time. We'll get there.

22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

HERE

• Like Like x 1
  23. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Great guys, we're already two-thirds checked in!

24. busties

busties Walk On

Better? Haha

25. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

20x better boss, thank you so much haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.