First 'Big' Trade of the Year

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 18, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Magic were busy today! They got Turkglelou (sp?), Jason Richardson, and Gilbert Areanas today! To see all the moving pieces of their deals with the Suns and Wiz click on this link below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

Any thoughts on the deal?

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

@Bondzai007 should weigh in... I think it makes the Magic a better team. I don't follow the NBA too too closely though, starting to more now though.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think it's a gutsy move by the magic. They saw that the team as currently constructed couldn't beat the heat or celtics because Lewis couldn't get his own shot and Carter disappeared in the big moments. Say what you want about some of the guys they got being old or overrated, but arenas can get his own shots and go off for 30 on any night and Richardson/Turkoglu have always been really good playoff performers.

I think this trade will hurt the magic in the regular season, as they get used to all the new pieces, but these moves make them a more dangerous playoff team. A five man unit of Howard/Turk/JRich/Arenas/Nelson is pretty nice.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This is huge for the Magic. We got rid of a soft ass Rashard Lewis who hasn't done shit since the '09 Finals and in return get Gilbert Arenas, who I think will have something to prove and has a long-standing relationship with GM Otis Smith.

In my opinion the biggest move of all is getting Turkoglu back. He was a huge factor for us when we made the Finals and then Toronto tried to make him a spot up shooter an Phoenix has him playing out of position at the 4. He is most effective when he can create with the ball in his hands and that's what he will be able to do again with the Magic. Jason Richardson gives us the athleticism that we have been lacking and should create a few highlight reel dunks that Vince can't do anymore.

The starting five will be Nelson/Richardson/Turkoglu/Bass/Howard with Arenas coming off the bench. I think that's pretty solid.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'd start Arenas over Nelson

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'd keep Nelson in just because he'll pass more than Arenas... If Agent 0 gets a glimpse of opportunity he's shooting...

My Orlando starting 5:

Nelson
    Richardson
    Turkoglu
    Whoever their PF is... don't follow the Magic enough to care;)
    Howard

Arenas comes off the bench with a 'green light'... let him do him... he'll give you 16ppg coming off the bench with no problem

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Van Gundy has already confirmed that this will be the starting lineup. The PF is Brandon Bass. This will all change later in the season when Jameer has his annual injury.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, he'll probably have that after the all star break:)

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Does Agent Zero already get his name thrown in the hat for 6th man of the year?