First Decision - Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bondzai, Jul 18, 2011.

?

Coaching Carousel

1. Use It

90.0%
  2. Hell No

10.0%
  1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Alright guys let's weigh in. Who wants to use Coaching Carousel and who doesn't?

2. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

I think the coaching carousel is a tremendous idea. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to dominate with Michigan...but I think it will add more spice to the game. Has anyone tried it yet?

3. Bondzai

You don't think I would let you have Michigan over me do you? :thumbsup:

4. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

I'd fight you for it.

5. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Plus I think that is another good arguement for using it. Instead of people wanting the same team and finding an arbitrary way to solve the issue, everybody starts out low and if you get the job offer you want you get to take it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jairball

jairball Walk On

I think we should use it. This is one thing that seperates this year's game from the past and other sporting games alike. I started one offline to get a feel for it and it is a lot of fun. It is surprisingly fast from week to week.

7. busties

busties Walk On

Coaching Carousel FTW!

8. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

The only thing I don't like it is if you are an oc or dc you still are in charge of all the recruiting

9. jairball

jairball Walk On

I agree with you tomberry, I think you should only be able to deal with your respective side of the ball.

10. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

It makes it trickier though if we are trying to stay under the recruiting cap

11. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i say use the carousel but don't pick coordinator. be the head coach only, coordinators cant control the other side of the ball except in depth chart only.

12. Bondzai

Keep in mind that when you get another job offer it will most likely be as a coordinator.

13. busties

busties Walk On

Yeah. I might be backing out on my vote for coaching carousel. Don't get me wrong i think it would be different and add a new twist to the dynasty, but i also think it might be a little too flawed. For instance like tomberry said if you're an offensive coordinator you still have too recruit the defensive side of the ball, also Bondzai007 brings up a good point about not being able to get offered a head coaching job if you start out as a head coach.

14. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

I think with the recruiting you should be able to manage the whole board...ie not have the cpu assist that, but then you actually only recruit your side of the ball and let the computer do the other side. As far as only controlling one side I like that. Or we could do you can be the head coach of a 1* but if you are an OC or DC you can start at like a 2 or 3

15. Bondzai

You have to recruit for your whole team, otherwise you will go way over on scholarships. I really don't see it as a big deal, if you become head coach of the school won't you want to have the players you recruited?

16. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Thats why I was saying manage the board. Like if you have 15 schollies open as soon as they fill up you take everybody else off the list. And, say you're a DC, you can pick the offensive and defensive guys you wanna go after, you just can only actually call the D guys.

Or we can just do all of the recruiting. Haha, not trying to make it complicated was just thinking.

17. gsolo19564

gsolo19564 Walk On

My thoughts. Recruiting is what it is. Just recruit for whole team. Even as OC u need your D to b good to win.
    I do like the idea of OC/DC 2-3 star or HC for 1 star or something to that effect.
    But looks like coaching carousel wins out. 7-0 right now.
    Whats next on agenda?

18. Bondzai

Since we are going with Coaching Carousel we need to figure out the format.

I had one idea when I was first asked to start a league....let me know your thoughts.

Start as a coordinator on a :1stars: team and then work your way to the top with no restrictions as far as what conference or teams you can end up at. One person might end up at Ohio St, another at Boise St or Texas. Almost like a race to the BCS title.

19. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

That is the format that I think would be the most fun/level playing field. Just a small time coordinator then whatever job offers you are good enough to get from there.

20. gsolo19564

gsolo19564 Walk On

I like the no restrictions on conferences etc.

21. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

i am doing this in my offline dynasty and you get penalized for losing even if your side of the ball is doing great. my defense held the other team to 120 total yards and 2 field goals. and guess what i lost 6-0 because the offense sucked. And how exactly does this work when we have user games, does it even apply to user games (will it work the same)?

22. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

I like no restrictions but I think we should try to schedule either 2 or 3 player vs. player games a year...that way no one can just abuse the computer all year and be crowned NC. If it is 3 pvp games a year you play everybody at least once every four years.

23. tomberry

tomberry Walk On

Thems the breaks aint they. I guess that right there is a good reason to be in charge of recruiting both sides of the ball. As far as being penaliezed though...I was an OC at Kent State just to see how it worked and the majority of my contract goals were based on stats. There were only two goals as it related to actual Ws. And, if you think about it, even if you are a good coordinator but the team struggles, most of the time the coordinators lose their job too.

24. moparjoe

moparjoe Walk On

so when we do the draft any 1* team is viable for the pick? i think you should have to start in your home state at least and work your way to the dream job. i grew up in texas but i was a huge Bo schembeckler fan. the greates rivaly ever will always be Bo vs Woody. to bad michigan had to go and high a funky veer offense guy WTF.

25. Bondzai

You play both sides of the ball during user games.

We will definitely have user games....probably a minimum of 3.