First impressions of your new team!

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Do a google search if you need to, but give us a little insight into what you think of your team. Obviously once we have the game in hand everyone can do more in depth looks at their respective squads, but for now what jumps out at you?

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I can do it all, cause LSU is on the demo :p

3. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

My team will look the best every game... That's all that matters in video game land :p.

4. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG]

Spring Injuries: Star QB James Franklin appears to be coming along nicely and is expected to be 100% before fall practice. #1 HB Henry Josey on the other hand still has surgery ahead of him and it looks like he may take a redshirt even though he isn't an underclassmen. A total of 12 players missed the spring game due to injuries or other concerns.

New Uniforms: The new look for the Tigers is a big hit. Gone is the block M from the helmets and instead, the two options are a black helm with the familiar tiger in an oval and a second black helmet with a Tiger without the oval.

A Clash of Play Styles: Mizzou has been running a fast-break spread attack with 4 and 5 WR on the field while the SEC is known for it's pro style offenses and defenses. How will Mizzou's style work in the ultra talented SEC? Will new coach Wyrmreaver even run the spread? Answers to those questions will have to be reserved for fall practices and opening weekend.

Recruiting: Mizzou's 2012 recruiting class was rated #31 by Rivals.com. That sounds great until you realize that 12 of the 16 new SEC schools were rated ahead of them! Only Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Kentucky had poorer showings for their incoming classes. The upside for Tigers fans is that this class included two gems. #1 overall recruit in the nation Dorial Green-Beckam (DGB) is a 6'6" 220 lb WR with 4.4 speed. DGB will be on the field right away and should have an immediate impact. Maty Mauk, while only a 3 star prospect, was mr. football in Ohio and is the national high school record holder for yards, completions, attempts and touchdowns. This young gun will likely take a redshirt next season but with him throwing to DGB the Tigers immediate future looks bright.

Just thoughts: Franklin is a serious dual threat QB. This gives me the freedom to run an offense with a lot of option concepts mixed in. Hard to say which way we'll go without the game in hand, but rest assured I'll be putting Mizzou through the paces in the spread and the flex and maybe some pro style looks too before I settle on what I want to do. On defense this team probably won't be very good, the silver lining is that I can feel free to choose any base defensive scheme I like after playing the game (4-2-5 and 3-3-5 will get long looks). Once I settle on a scheme I can just recruit to suit!

Not sure about everyone else, but I am stoked about our league for '13 and very happy with my new team. Good luck to everyone..... except when Mizzou comes to town!

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

[​IMG]

Georgia Bulldogs Preview

UGA athletic director Greg McGarity finally tired of Mark Richt failing to break through in the SEC, and when it was announced that Coach Dru50 was leaving sunny Southern California in the wake of a potential recruiting scandal involving hookers....er....starlets and various illicit substances. Mr. McGarity was quoted as saying, "Here in the SEC we believe whole-heartedly in the axiom of 'if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin', and therefore we are excited to see what Coach Dru can bring to our football program.

Offense
    The team returns several starters from an offense that played well in spurts last year, with the most important returning player being QB Aaron Murray. Aaron led the SEC in TD passes last year, setting a school record with 35 (I can feel recchem2000 rolling his eyes now...), and was 2nd in the conference in passing yards. He will be aided in the backfield by a good stable of running backs, led by SEC freshman of the year Isaiah Crowell. The real question mark on offense is on the line, where the team will be replacing 3 of 5 starters. Coach Dru is excited about the balance that should be possible with the weapons on this side of the ball.

Defense
    Here is where this team should shine, as the team returns 9 of 11 starters, including star OLB Jarvis Jones. Jones led the SEC and was fifth nationally in sacks last year, and with Coach Dru bringing his agressive 3-4 defense to Athens, the coaching staff expects him to excel this year. The team also fields a deep and talented defensive line, led by DE Abry Jones, who is disruptive off the edge for a 3-4 DE.

Incoming Recruits
    At least Mark Richt wasn't totally asleep at the wheel in recruiting, as Georgia has two 5 star recruits that could see immediate playing time this year. First is ATH Josh Harvey-Clemons, who was the 2nd rated athlete according to Rivals and OT John Theus, the 5th rated OT in the class. Overall, Georgia was ranked in the top 15 recruiting classes in the nation by most outlets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wyrmreaver

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Team Overall Offense Defense Prestige
    Alabama 97 92 95 :5stars::1stars:
    Arkansas 95 95 87 :5stars:
    Auburn 93 89 91 :5stars::1stars:
    Florida 91 84 93 :5stars::1stars:
    Florida State 97 92 95 :5stars:
    Georgia 97 86 91 :5stars:
    LSU 99 92 97 :5stars::1stars:
    Miami 91 88 89 :5stars::1stars:
    Missouri 89 89 84 :4stars:
    South Carolina 95 92 91 :4stars:
    Tennessee 89 88 84 :4stars:
    Texas A&M 93 92 87 :4stars:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Alright how are Miami and UF 6-star?? And FSU is 5-star? UM and UF blow.

9. Cheez

I want everyone to notice the severe disadvantage I'm at, and feel sorry for me.

I Peench - this is YOUR FAULT!

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just take Tennessee. Nobody wants your whining and excuses ;)

11. Cheez

there are more women willing to take sexy pictures for our enjoyment at UT then at Vandy....

I'll think about it for a while. Have a TMFL game in a little bit.

12. MexiRican35

How is LSU's offense better than their defense?? Much less a 99?? And Bama is only a 92?

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm shocked that Miami is a 6 star.....it's not like they even have elite facilities or an awesome stadium...

14. MexiRican35

I'm kinda thinking that the first number is really overall, and the next two are offense/defense.

15. Wyrmreaver

Yeah, there's no way the 2nd number is defense.... it makes no sense

16. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

agreed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wyrmreaver

Shaun's OP in the other thread changed the headers.... it's OVR, Off, Def

18. Cheez

changed mine as well.

19. Wyrmreaver

The rest of you knuckleheads need to get some initial team previews up.... and Cheez I think you should stick it out with Vandy, you picked 'em after all!

20. Wyrmreaver

Man..... some of these teams are absolutely stacked!

21. MexiRican35

The initial rosters usually are.

22. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I really don't know yet. Star RB and an underrated recruiting base.

23. Wyrmreaver

I thought the HB left with one of the coaches for some small school?

But Arky has a heisman hopeful QB I think.

24. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Lattimore? I sure hope not.

25. Wyrmreaver

LOL, I thought you were Arkansas for a second there.... duh.... yeah, Lattimore is a beast