First Impressions & Takeaways

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Black Republican, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Add them here!!

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    There's still "rocket" catches. charter04 and I played a CFM game and Witten zoomed his old ass over to make catch across the middle. Separated from the LB in two steps over four or five yards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Running game is still fairly difficult. Not many running lanes. Without wight in the box there are still defenders just running free in the holes and off the edges.

4. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I feel like it is more user focused. Starts with more control of pass placement, then catch style, and throw in "get skinny", etc.

Even DEF is there. Take control of a DB...do you play ball, play WR, or Swat.

I didn't feel like running game was difficult. I found that skills trainer is a MUST.

5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It honesty plays like Madden 15 2.0

That's not all a bad thing though. I liked a lot about M15. The WR/DB interactions are nice. Really adds to the game.

When that doesn't happen you still have defenders and receivers warping to make catches. DB's still jump routes with the AM esp.

Running is more challenging so far but, pulling guards still wiff too much which is part of why running is challenging.

QB's are more realistically inaccurate

Jump balls weren't OP in the game we played. Dez didn't get any.

Because of the defenders jumping routes expect lots of int's as usual unless turning down the int slider helps.

I like the new plays

I like the way the QB hands off and fakes on PA.

We had penalties but, nothing crazy. It was a good amount for my taste.

The sliders I tested worked. At least more that last year. They did what they should.

Can't think of anything else right now

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    That's ok I am sure he will get plenty in TMFL :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I actually learned that some of the time, the reason a OL guy misses his assignment is because of user.

Say a G is pulling and should seal the edge. What does the User do to get to the edge? He uses the sprint button. What this does is causes the G to try and speed up and get out in front of the RB instead of sealing the edge. Conversely, if the user will wait to hit sprint until the G gets there and engages his responsibility and THEN use sprint, the G doesn't whiff.

It's the same principle as Kickoff Returns. Have you ever zig-zagged and notice how your blockers start blocking in the direction your going? It's like they have eyes in the back of their head that know when you change direction.

All this to say...it's the User's fault that the OL whiffs because of how the AI is designed.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

if the guard misses the assignment, it is the guards fault which is controlled by AI..Lulz.

The user just has to make best of it as the defender is up in that ass right away.

9. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Not true...if the user holds LT and lets the G get to his assignment BEFORE sprinting with RT the runner will have more success. It can be done if people would stop Sprinting as soon as the RB gets the ball. Have to have patience and let the play develop.

TRUTH

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

-Balls are thrown high constantly to force the jump animation
    -one handed catches a bit much
    -warping
    -DB who should be knocking the ball down should not be magically turning not even looking at the ball to go into catch animation, another year of reduced sliders and bitching of dropped INTs.
    -Gang tackling? Defenders continue to let go when another defender comes in, the animation is not clean at all. Anything more than two defenders will trigger the "along for the ride" animation, but doesnt even impact the play
    - In a "gang tackling" scenario there will be that one defender not even close to the play that will completely dive for no reason...it is hilarious. THis was all over the pre builds and EA footage and still in the game.
    - So can we turn off the XP points pop ups? am i playing madden or Dragon age? Sometimes i forget
    - Button mashing game when throwing receiver

The good?

Not sure, waiting to get onto EA servers to play a live user v user game.

Overall, very very similar to m15, not as bad as m25 was, but will get a better feel when i can actually play against other people.

Terrible

They gutted the raider playbook, took out iform ISo runs, what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

a guard missing an assignment is a guard missing an assignment, it doesnt matter if you wait for engagment or not.You dont control what the guard does, if he misses off the bat and tghe defender in your grill..that is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

But you do control the G....that's my point. His job is to get in front of you and seal....but when you sprint...his point of seal changes (meaning you change the point of his assignment). The AI is for him to get to a spot....not a person...and block...by sprinting early....YOU change the spot.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

no you dont, you control the running back, qb, wr after the catch, and the defender you switch to.

If a guard is going to miss, he is going to miss.

in a real nfl game, if a guard completely loses his man and lets a defender light up his RB, its the RB fault? if you dont believe this, why would you believe this in the game? not every plays perfect , missed assignments happen and you have no control over it.

14. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

The way this game is PROGRAMMED....you control your blockers by what you do....they react to YOU and not the defense.

For example:

Do a kickoff return middle....start running up the middle for 3-5 yds....then break outside...notice how many of your blockers go that same direction. Is it because they know you're going that way? No. It's reacting to you. The same thing applies in running the ball.

Get your stick skills in line with the game and your OL will have A LOT LESS whiffs and missed assignments.

15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

you are talking generally how things should work in a perfect scneario. pointless convo since BSK is talking about experience in his game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I feel another issue is that there is poor backside blocking logic also which forces people to sprint early or bounce things outside more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

I was referring to experience in my game too. Once I realized and started trying to chanhe....I had more sucess.

18. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

Let me add...this is not how football works...but how it works in Madden...it's a programming issue...but one that can be overcome with the correct adaptation

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

20. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    ?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    And our impressions are that they have not made this item any better. Which by the way is the topic of the thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I need to get some stick time on All Madden and vs the human. I played two games on All Pro vs CPU. Aggressive catches were super OP vs mediocre defensive backs. Running lanes and running in general seemed pretty easy but it could have been because I was using L. Bell... Definitely looking forward to digging in on AM.

• Like Like x 2
  23. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

First Impressions....All-Pro Difficulty, Slow Game Speed, Speed Threshold 40, Penalty's bumped up by 5 on Illegal blocks, Holding (Don't Judge Me)

1. Graphics are the same, with the exception of the stat bubble...
    2. Few new animations, outside of the obvious CB-WR ones, and the new penalties (Block in the back, defensive holding)
    3. Presentation is relatively the same.
    4. Running the ball feels like I have more control and am able to cut to the hole more naturally.
    5. QB play will definitely require more skill, that High pass/Low pass modifier with the touch controls will be nice once you master it....An Aaron Rodgers will be unstoppable.
    6. Aggressive catching is OP for those who should OP...meaning, Calvin Johnson will easily Moss you, because that is what he does, can't be mad. I haven't seen any of my B or C receivers destroy CB's, if anything, they drop many passes.
    7. Speaking of drops, receivers had butterfingers on some bullet passes, would like to give credit to Madden and EA, but they may just be a fluke...Watkins, Clay, Harvin should drop 10 yd passes, chalking it up to EJ's 93 throwing power :)
    8. Tackling is better, angles are better, the gang tackling is much better.
    9. EA Trax is a welcome addition
    10. DB's seem to knock down passes rather than pick passes, could just be me pressing the wrong button, I'm a PS4 dude, switching over and trying to relearn the buttons.

Only played two games, so this is what I noticed....haven't been online, haven't been in CFM....

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

After 2 days and 5 games against users....I feel like this Madden puts an emphasis on stick skills and plays.

Running requires patience and hitting the right hole.

For example....Trap 0/1 was way OP in M15. In 16, if you try and run it the same...it doesn't work as well. However, if you wait for the play to fully develop and hit the right hole it's a solid play.

Also...change of direction is BEAUTIFUL.

25. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

My impressions so far, please note I have done no skills trainer yet to learn new advance controls.

New WR/DB animations-I'm 50/50 on this. I don't like the fact they made jump balls easier on offense. Last year it was more about timing and this year button spamming. The run after catch feature is great really enjoy that. I feel more useless switching to the DB than in the past, especially against bigger wrs.

Touch passing- I haven't messed with this a lot. I have seen that if you target low it's more likely to be a bad pass especially under pressure it probably won't cross the line. HHigh passes I haven't seen that punishment factor as much. I feel under pressure if you throw a high pass depending who your qb is, there should be that chance it sails back to the safety.

I love the way ball carriers move in the open field now, its just getting them there. I agree with previous post that blocking still needs work so we are going to see a handful of op run plays and weird angles to find space.

Overall the game is ok. The big question for me will be how the cfm works. Hopefully they let us line up and play more

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1