First Impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The game is tougher. Agreed?

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yes I would agree especially on offense.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Coming from mainly Madden for the 2011 versions I notice a couple of things:

1) The passing is MUCH tougher or atleast much different in this version.

2) The zone defenses seemed fixed. I played an effective zone scheme against Cadepetty in my tourney game last night. How refreshing.

3) The graphics didn't blow me away. Probably getting to the cap of the PS3's potential for graphic improvements now, but I didn't see any notable differences between Madden 11 and NCAA 12.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Did anyone else notice a weird shimmeryness to the words on the recruiting screens? I messed all around with the options on my T.V. and couldn't seem to fix it. The game is tougher.

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Yes, I agree with all of you guys on the gameplay, much tougher on offense, zone defense is finally effective. Really looking forward to learning this year's version and eliminating some of the stupid mistakes I'm making.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

I saw that to. Also when I first started up the game I just did a play now game and the graphics were so bad I had to shut everything down and restart and everything was better at that point. Not sure what was going on but it looked like I was playing a PS2 game.

7. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I, too, have thought the graphics looked off. I was in practice mode and thought it looked like shit. And the "player with the ball" highlight is the worst to date that I've seen.

Gameplay, however, seems pretty solid. My guys are making plays in zone coverage. The tackling dynamics are way different (in a good way). I finished 5-2 on day one. I lost two very close ones, won 3 quit/concedes and won 2 others.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

It looks as though EA has a few kinks to work out. I tried playing my first game in the test dynasty using my own playbook, and the following happened:

- About 15-20 times in the contest, my PB looked like this:

[​IMG]

If I clicked a blank play, my team would then have a team orgy at the line scrimmage. Warning! What your about to see may not be appropriate for small children.

[​IMG]

Calling a TO or letting the clock run out worked sometimes, but in the second half, I had this happen 4-5 times in a row. I was once able to get my plays to show up by hitting the sim option and then exiting out of it. When I tried to use this strategy again, the game froze.

[​IMG]

Another thing that sucked? I wasn't able to save more than 2 videos. When I tried to save a third, I got this message ..

[​IMG]

9. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

i need a ton of work is my impression

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Me too. I may have to rethink my offensive philosophy a bit. Anyone notice that you're shortening things up a bit, not going deep nearly as often? Those safeties really close in this year's game. I like it.

11. soxandgators

me too but there response time in man coverage is sick fast....that will take a long time to get used too

12. soxandgators

safetys adjusting to the ball in cover whatever and defensive backs on balls in the air

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

What I am finding and loving is that I am not going for deep passes on 1st down as much. I seem to get rocked for a sack, or put off track for a first down and with the tougher AI secondary it is leading to more punts! I am excited about this, I have also found that a guy like Alshon Jefferies can still tear up a mediocre corner/saftey situation, which is also cool.

Anyone take notice to the Sparq ratings in recruiting? I am in week 7 of my offline dynasty and I am taking note of these rankings and I am going to compare that to what the guys come in rated their freshman year.

Also just for the folks keeping tabs (cause I know a few are) Marcus Lattimore is a freaking beast to run with...Every Iso is a homerun threat.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

As we always do, I think we'll adjust as time passes, but for the moment, it appears to be a much tougher and more realistic game. Any "adjustments" we make down the line aren't likely to be nearly as severe as they were last year. It's gonna be fun.

15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I actually like default AA sliders....weird

• Like Like x 1
  16. bdub

bdub Walk On

One issue with the default sliders is it's to easy to run up the middle.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

as good as I can run the ball up the middle, I am finding I am only getting a small gain up the middle on most plays. If I don't follow my blockers then the LBs are coming down and laying the wood. I think it is a pretty balanced default setting so far.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I agree with easy.

19. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah yeah you Sec guys always stick together lol. Maybe we just know how to run the ball better out west.

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Idk McFadden, ingram, knowshon Moreno, Felix jones, Peyton hillis, Trent Richardson, and several others past and present might disagree with that statement lol

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Never heard of those guys. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  22. DC

DC Shake n Bake

well Madagascar is along way a way

23. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I've been playing with the Heisman sliders and like them a lot. Interceptions have to be dropped, but aside from that, I'm getting a pretty good game.

I played Ok. State in our test dynasty last night and would have blown them out if it hadn't been for giving up a TD on special teams and serving up a silly pick-6. I think the Cowboys had 6 first downs total.

No way I should beat the #6 team on the road like that.

24. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

agree

25. Big D

Big D Walk On

I started an offline dynasty with last year's Sim-Nation sliders. So far seems pretty damn realistic to be honest. My scores have been:

28-17
    24-21
    35-24

I don't see a huge issue yet with last year's sliders....will keep playing tho.