First Impressions?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jul 13, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

post them up.... concerns....?

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I thought the game plays a bit on ice so far online. I haven't played an offline game.

I think scoring points will be a premium with our teams.

The tackling animations are fantastic, and I like how you can hit a guy going to the ground.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

My only concern is custom playbooks right now. Not sure if I'm for or against using them.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I love custom playbooks - you're worried people are going to load up on "money" plays?

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think in the Duece we should be fine...

I use mine to get rid of plays I will never call and tailor my playbooks to my liking. basically making sure each run I like is in each of my formations. I hate when a base playbook formation will be missing critical run plays.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

my playbook is nasty right now

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Custom playbooks are a great addition and should make user games even that much more competitive and fun...

• Like Like x 1
  8. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I'm not worried about offensive playbooks as much as I'm worried about the defensive playbooks. We need to put a limit on them, or not even use them for defense. We can't have a school using a 3-4, 4-3, 4-2-5, and a 3-3-5. It just wouldn't be realistic.

9. theSANDMAN215

How'd you set yours up? I guess I'm going to start as Virginia Tech's base playbook and work my way from there. I've always loved their goalline formation in the game, so it's a start.

10. theSANDMAN215

The tackling animations are amazing.

Defense, wow! The corners and linebackers actually play their zone. I could still nail the crossing patterns, but it was like last year where I could hit them 95% of the time. I love defense, and this is a great improvement from any year.

It may be me, but it seems like the players look better than in the past. The grass always looks more real.

The gameplay seems more fluid to me, so far. It just seems more smooth than in the past.

I still wish they'd change the recruiting because it still seems the exact same as in the past. I do love the new pipeline spread sheet, that will help a ton. I only wish we could use the map of USA, and see how many we have in each state, then click on the state we want to recruit and go from there. It's not the end of the world, just something I wish they'd bring back.

I didn't pay much attention to the suction blocking, o-line & d-lines last night, so I can't really say much on them.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    My first impression is that I'm effin terrible. I can't tackle or move the ball at all. I did return two kick offs in three games last night. That counts for something, right?

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

They supposedly fixed the cpu recruiting with max # of recruits per position

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

the map is still in it...

14. Keller

I second Drifter's comment. Playing with Buffalo in an offline Dynasty = painful. Offense is so, so, so very bad.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    +1

16. Keller

I put multiple defensive playbooks in a custom playbook last night and it got kinda screwy...

They were ordered something like...
    3-4
    4-2-5
    4-4
    5-2
    Quarters
    Dime
    Nickel

It was fairly irritating. Just for the sake of my sanity - the most I would do would probably be something like.

Two 3-4 (Normal and Solid)
    Four 4-2-5 (Don't know what they're all named)
    One 4-4 (Normal)
    Three Nickel (Normal, Strong, Nickel 3-3-5)
    Two Dime (Normal and 3-2-6)
    Two Quarters (2 Deep and 3 Deep)

I guess my question would be - how much is too much? My plan would be not to necessarily take two separate defensive play books and make them one but simply take a couple 3-4 sets and mix them with the 4-2-5 playbook. I figure throwing in the 4-4 is just an added bonus, then you've got your regular Nickel, Dime and Quarters sets.

Where do we draw the line? Obviously I will stick to whatever limit/standard that is set.

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I played a guy in my TSO tourney game, he was Ohio state and I was Iowa. He ran a 3-3-5 base and came out in that formation 80% of the time, even against my I tight formation. I tried to run iso and dive up the gut but was terribly unsuccessful. I averaged 3.4 yards a carry on 35 carries.... Felt like i was playing Shaun Mason

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ive played two games online against just random players, and it appears that blitzes will be hard to pick up out of various formations. I also struggled running up the gut with LSU against Nebraska, and as LSU against Bama. Now those are top flight defenses, but I have a feeling that will be the norm.

As far as passing, it seems the QB's are less accurate than last season which is a good thing, especially QB's that are more runners than passers.

I have noticed that QB's that are mobile are able to break tackles a little more than they should.

By the way, playing online is just brutal, its the most unfun thing about this game. Two different players, two different nights, and everytime they passed they ran backwards at least 20 yards. I destroyed a guy last night 28-0 who was terrible, but was 6-0 before our game and he bitched the whole time.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think you should have a far lower limit than the 600000 plays you can have on defense. I can have the whole 4-3/3-4/4-2-5 playbooks plus other stuff.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I coulda told you that. I havent played a random lobby game in 5+ years heh. I am sure you could find a TSO guy to run a practice game with...

I played Ryno last night in the tourney and it was fun.

21. Keller

Right - I get that. What I'm asking is where do we draw the line?

Maybe we should just say custom playbooks on defense aren't allowed?

If they are - it should be pretty restrictive.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Mixing the 3-4 and 4-2-5 defense is the most unsim combination you can think of. I'm not going to get into the obvious personnel issues, because I've been down that dead end road with you.

I don't want to have to step in and police defensive playbooks guys. If we have to eliminate the custom defensive playbooks then we will. Pick a defensive system and not just a bunch of shit that you 'like' running.

• Like Like x 3
  23. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I rather we do what we been doing since the Deuce started. pick a playbook & stick with it. Offensive playbooks I can see using the custom playbook feature(as of right now. I'm hoping every1 is not stacking up on money plays). Defensive playbooks just pick 1 & work with it.

Also Southern Miss uses a 3-3-5 defensive playbook as their base. I think its cheese so I'll be switching to good old fashion 4-3 (y)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Keller

I'm simply asking where do we draw the line? I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything, just asking questions. You prefer the 3-3-5/3-4 and 4-2-5/4-3 mix better?

Maybe you prefer something like this:
    Pick 1 (4-2-5, 3-3-5, 3-4, 4-3)
    Pick 1 (46,44,52)
    Pick 3 (Nickel, Nickel Strong, Nickel 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 155, Prowl)
    Dime & Quarters are pretty much whatever you want
    ?

25. theSANDMAN215

Yeah, but what they used to have was you could click on the state and recruit from it. It's not that big of a deal, but now you have to go back to all prospects and go to the state. It just made it easier because once you found the guys you wanted from a certain state, you could back out and the USA map would be there for you to glance over on what state you had pipelines and what state you wanted to go after.

Again, it's not a gamechanger or even a big deal.