First NBA 2K13 Gameplay Update

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JFace907, Aug 10, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

RTP as well

God EA needs to step it up with their football games. At this rate within a couple years I'll exclusively be playing 2K and NHL

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Control over bounce passing is just now getting into a game lol

Just goes to show how much could be put into a sports game , I have never heard anybody ask for that but it sure does belong in a hoops game. Hope the shooting does not feel clunky though with the reworking of the right stick.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

What would you like to see stepped up specifically?

5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

hopefully the controls and the animations are really responsive, no delays, hiccups etc.

6. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

I'm not exactly sure what he's talking about but I think the new engine is a huge step in the right direction. Other thing I would like to see from EA is better support of their games. Seems like they put out 2 updates and then just step away and work on next year. They really should leave someone on to support the current game until the next releases and take the things they learned from previous years (i.e. dynasty freezing last year and freezing again this year). I know it wasnt directed at me and I'm not an EA hater at all but they could be better.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

A new outlook/engine for line interaction would be nice. But in general, I'm seeing games like 2K, NHL, and FIFA make nice steps forward yearly (not necessarily leaps and bounds, but occasionally they will have a year that seems to really step it up), while Madden and NCAA seem to make miniscule steps forward.

My argument has always been this: look at FIFA 09, NBA2K9, and NHL 09 and compare them to their current versions. Then look at NCAA and Madden. While all of these games have improved greatly, it's pretty apparent that FIFA NHL and 2K's progress has been far more than Madden and NCAA. Madden and NCAA also seem to have the same yearly problems and frustrations while the other games try and solve those problems.

I don't know, maybe I don't know shit and you think I'm completely wrong, but from my perspective I think NCAA and Madden have been among the weaker major sports titles of the past few years. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing them, I do. It's just my love of football makes me want these games to be better than they are and have been.

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

well madden is bringing rtp so i think thats huge leap from previous versions.. hopefully with that the line play will be greatly advanced. guess we will see tuesday.

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

It won't, if watching recent videos of gameplay is any indication. The line play looks the same, just now the running backs will trip over lineman when they run into them. The animations look the same and it looks like it will be just as difficult to get to the QB without bringing pressure yet again.

10. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

The lack of control over the dribble is probably what annoyed me most about NBA 2K. Now with the right stick dribble moves I will be looking to break many virtual ankles.