First Order of Business: What Recruits Will you Bring in?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

First Order of Business: What Recruits Will you Bring in?

I wanted to start a discussion. I know some of you have looked at your squad on teambuilder or know your team exceptionally well.

I will start...

Iowa football is known for a ferocious defense and solid run game. It is an absolute must for us to have a above average pass rushing/run stopping defensive line. With all 4 of the starting defensive line graduating, we will need replacements. BAD!

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Penn State is deep at the QB and HB positions so those aren't a problem. We have some depth just about everywhere...as a coach, I will defintiely go defense heavy though in the first season. Followed by skill position (WR first) and Offensive Line

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Offense: Looking for a QB that is a pure passer. Don't know too much about the LSU offense IRL but that is something I want to incorporate. As far as HB goes. I want somebody who can find and hit the holes. I'd like a bruiser though. Always looking for a good quality receiver. Obviously, I want a good line as well.

Defense: I am going to be all about the defense. There is something about hitting people in the mouth with a tough defensive unit. Anybody can score 50+ points against the CPU but it is has more meaning to me when you hold opponents.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Offense: Big tall WRs and backs that can get the job done

Defense: Bulk up the Dline, solid LBs and then playmakers in the secondary-- which will be hard in the first few seasons. Good rush = mistakes and turnovers.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm looking for offensive player across the board. RB,QB are the priority.

Defense looking for some LB's and CB's.

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Big Red Recruiting -

OFFENSE: Look for Big Red to add more talent and depth to the O-Line. Another power TB with a quality blocking FB will complement next years QB Green. Look for Big Red to keep the ball on the ground..

DEFENSE: Big Red's Rise to Prominance has been driven by a strong D-Line and Quality Linebackers.. Coach T2Express will continue to build a strong Secondary.

7. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Buckeye Recruiting Plans

Offense

QB - With Pryor possibly leaving after next season and little depth behind him, QB will a major focus.
    RB/WR - Lots of depth here. We will only target 5* recruits at these positions.
    OL - We will be losing 3 starters after this season. Big, powerful, run-blocking lineman will be our focus.

Defense

DL - With Cameron Heyward leaving, we will be looking for an exceptionally fast pass-rushing defensive end.
    LB - Both Rolle and Homan leaving, we will need to find more linebackers in the mold of a Hawk, Laurinaitis, or Carpenter.
    DB - Absolutely loaded for the future.

8. BG

BG On The Rize!

Tide recruiting:

Depending on the success of the team this year, its pretty much a lock that my big three (McElroy, Ingram and Jones) will be leaving for the draft. With Star Jackson not getting it done in spring practice( sources have revealed that he was passed by third string QB as backup to McElroy) at Qb, that position will be a must. (Big) defensive linemen and fast Linebackers will be the focal point this recruiting off-season.

9. Emmdotfrisk

I hate to break it to you Forever but Star Jackson transferred to Georgia St!

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

We want a big back in the Ricky Williams mode.

We will recruit huge oline guys who will grind Dlines to dust in the second half.

We want a fast playmaker at TE.

On D we want a run stuffer at DT, we are set at DE and OLB. In the middle we want a big smart MLB.

In the secondary we need to add some speed and size at CB, and a larger hard hitter at SS or FS.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Someone like this????

[​IMG]

12. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Missouri Needs:

Offense: The Tigers are in desperate need of a breakout WR. After losing two studs last season, they have been left with little experience and depth at wideout. A few of the offensive line positions are a little soft, but for the most part, the rest of the offense is in good shape.

Defense:
    Defensively, the Tigers are only strong at the LB position. The secondary needs the most work, especially with the 3 of the 4 starters being Seniors, however I won't hold back on pulling the trigger to get a solid DE or DT if he is interested in Mizzou.

13. Emmdotfrisk

yeah Hack you better bring in some impact CB's or the Big 12 is going to toss all over you!

14. BRUCE80

I like his size and acc, other then that he would make a good FB!

15. T2

Too bad he wants to come to NEBRASKA!!!!

16. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Nobody wants to go to Nebraska.. Fuck is out there?

17. T2

Corn..

18. BRUCE80

Thats fine he isnt talented enough to fit in our backfield.

19. Emmdotfrisk

Haha jeez, he would be a thousand yard rusher at Iowa..... Shonn Greene 2.0

20. BRUCE80

If he can outrun a DE or LB with that B- sp.

21. Emmdotfrisk

With his stength, size, and accelleration he makes for a great between the tackles RB.....a great downhill runner that hits the hole yard for 4 yards a pop. He would never get an outside handoff so getting chased down by a DE or LB would be the last thing on my mind. If you noticed, Demarco Murray and Graig Cooper both have B- speed and A Accell and they performed well in the demo.

22. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Who cares about outrunning LB's and DE's when you can run them over and leave them on their ass? I guess if you play sissy ball at UT where trying to run away is your first option...be my guest....I'd take this kid anyday.

23. BRUCE80

I understand that but B- is still B-.

I like alot about him, but what he ends up being with that speed is strictly a inside the box rb.

A smart coach and D will key on that, you may get 4 yds a pop for a few carries in a game but it will get shut down without the threat of at least a counter or toss once in awhile. (a counter to what I said is a two back system which most everyone will have) But when he is in the game the D knows its up the gut or PA pass or just pass he is missing the abilty to threaten the edge.

Who knows you could be right and that combo might work in a counter with guys pulling in front of him, if he had even B sp I would be all over it. He has the tools to be an absolute monster with the way the new game sets up. In 10 he would have been cut, in 11 he may be just what you said he is E a slower Brandon Jacobs and with formation subs what more could you ask for in a short yardage back.

Thats the cool thing about a new game, a player like him used to be garbage now he could be a treasure. Lets hope so.

24. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Baylor is a young team. On offense I will be looking for another Robert Griffin in the first 2 seasons. My receivers are young, fast and plentiful. I think my largest goal will be a solid all around TE. I need a guy that can dominate the edge when running to his side, but that can also stretch the LB's out when he leaves the line. The offensive line is a young group that has a solid future in front of them. I will recruit them like I am at Iowa.

On defense, the DE position is a must. I need guys that can work there. I need guys that can get pressure. If I don't get them, it will be a long couple of years in the Big12/10 South/Texas. The secondary has some amazing talent in the true freshman this year that will make an impact soon. I also need some talent at LB. My MLB is the anchor of my defense. And since he is the player I control most often, he has to be mobile. I don't need to him to be the fastest, but he must be able to get off the block, and have decent leaping ability. That makes him a solid combination for my player of choice.

Mike