First Power Rankings of 2014

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Ben, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Walk On

Well I was very busy these last few weeks and have finally found a moment in time to create power rankings. These are totally bias opinions of who is the best and who isn't :p. JK I hold no grudges or spite for anyone. I'll be honest with every team, even my own. Shall we begin...
    1. ffa.gif
    Sorry Wisconsin, but Florida has got to be #1. They beat a great, user, Auburn team and and continue to impress against the CPU. This undefeated squad faces off against Wisconsin this week so we might see an upset. Its no surprise that Florida isn't going down without a fight. This team works good together as a unit. They don't have one shining star on the team, but they still manage to win. You have to admire a team that can do that.
    2. wwo.gif
    Honestly I think this is the first time ever that Wisconsin has made it into the top 5 in power rankings. They havent played a user game yet this year, so we will see how they do this week against Florida. The Badgers had a great season last year, beating the upbeat Buckeyes. This year they will need even bigger performances from their team as a whole. They, like Florida, don't have the one standout guy. They work well together as a team, but will they be able to get it done this week? We will see.
    3. tth.gif
    Gotta give some love to the Longhorns of Texas. They won the Nat'l Title game last season, beating the Ohio State Buckeyes for the crown. They are undefeated and look to be gaining some serious momentum. They, like the Badgers, havent played a user game yet. The Longhorns have playmakers, especially in their start RB, Malcolm Brown. He has rushed for 694 yards and 11 td's so far this season. Pretty impressive if you ask me. This team has great potential and a weak schedule could land them another trip to the BCS championship game.
    4. aar.gif
    You've got to give some props to Auburn. They have a great team and an even greater player in Kiehl Frazier. This kid has thrown for 1,876 yards and 22 td's/9 int's. Not to mention he has rushed for 728 yards and 8 td's. Any QB that is 2nd on both the Top QB and RB list in only week 7 has my Heisman trophy vote. I doubt he will let up in his campaign. The only blemish on this Tigers teams season was a heartbreaking loss to a great Florida team. Look for Auburn to improve and make a push for the title game. Can anyone say 2011 Baylor Bears?
    5. oob.gif
    The Scarlet and Grey are a tough team to judge. They have ups and downs and have games where they do remarkable things, but then they have games where they greatly under achieve. I seriously thought that Braxton Miller would make a push for 2 Heisman trophies. He won last year and this being his senior year I predicted him to be even better. It's week 7 of the 2014 season and it seems that Miller has dropped off the map. This doesnt make him a bad player though. The Buckeyes have rallied around their defense and have played fundamentally sound so far. There schedule is very easy this year, not their fault, and its likely the only user game they will play up until bowl week is Wisconsin. I can't help but wonder, if they don't win a title this year, will they ever win one?
    Stay tuned for the rest of the rankings....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

That's a great top 5, any of those teams could make a case for #1, but Florida definitely deserves it. Can't wait to see the outcome of Florida/Wisconsin.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I've stated this already, but in all fairness to Braxton, I just don't need him to be my entire offense anymore. He could easily put up the numbers to lead the Heisman ranks, but I'm not running with him and keeping him away from injuries. The emergence of McLauin has given me a feature back, and I just have too many great weapons for Miller to shine. But how about some love for Ray Hall? He's in the Heisman race and won't be going away anytime soon.

4. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea I forgot.

5. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Still waiting on the rest of the ranks ;)

6. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

agreed lol

7. Ben

Ben Walk On

sorry guys lol. Went out last night and had work today. I'll get them up tonight.

8. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

its cool man im sure like i and everyone else we all have a life outside of this lol

9. Ben

Ben Walk On

#6 ggc.gif
    Georgia Tech is always a tough team to judge. They havent lost a game yet this season so they deserve some serious credit for that. They don't have many stand out players, but they do have one excellent WR. The senior, Jeff Greene, has 696 yards and 9 td's. He is currently ranked 2nd on the WR leader boards. This young man and a stout defense is the reason for their success. I guess the question is, can GT continue this? We will find out because they are about to enter the second part of their schedule, which happens to be loaded with tough opponents.

#7 ggb.gif

Georgia comes in 7th because they have beaten a good ranked opponent on the road, that opponent was OU. They did lose to an unranked Texas A&M team on the road, but that was because of their defense. This team has had some shining moments this season. Their Freshman QB, Lance Jenkins, is atop the leader boards for most td's and passing yards so far. They have a key game coming up against rival Florida coming up in the next couple of weeks. We will see more of this team then.

#8 ooc.gif
    Oklahoma comes in 8th because they lost at home to user Georgia earlier in the season. They have a good team though. Their QB, Blake Bell, is 3rd in the nation in passing yards. He has been a stud for OU so far this year. In 2 weeks OU plays hated rival, Texas, in the Red River Rivalry game. This will be a huge game that could predict the winner of the Big 12. Boomer Sooner is hungry for revenge after losing in last years big game.

#9 iig.gif
    This is nothing personal, Hawkeyes. Iowa is undefeated, but hasnt played any users yet. I wont be able to rank this team correctly until I see how they play against real competition. I really don't know much about the Hawkeyes. They have a decent running back in Canzeri, but other than that I don't know anything about them. Hopefully they will make it to the Big Ten championship game. We will see how they fair then.

#10 aad_3.gif
    The Crimson Tide come in last in these rankings. How could a Nick Saban squad ever come in last? Well when you have some of the best draft classes, cpu picked, in the last 2 years and still lose to Ole Miss thats a problem. Granted, Ole Miss actually isn't a bad CPU team this year. They also lost to user, Auburn. This 'Bama team has some serious ground to make up in the SEC. I think the ship is to hard to over ride this year.

10. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

You said that Iowa is #9 because they haven't played any users yet, but you have Georgia Tech at 6 and they have the easiest schedule by far up to this point in the dynasty and no users. For the most part this was very good but there are certainly things I can disagree with for lack of consistency. Nothing personal.

11. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea I understand were you are coming from. The reason I put GT at #6 is because this is the first year where they havent lost to a CPU team at this point in the season. Thats a step up in the right direction if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i cant really complain. Ben it makes me wanna prove to u and everyone i can play. so i hope i can play in the B1G 10 championship game this season

13. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

If you do it will be against me or Spayer419

14. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

This series of threads (Power Rankings) are among my favorites to read and I'm sure many would agree! Please keep them coming :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ben

Ben Walk On

Thanks man I really appreciate that. I'll do my best to make as many as I can ;)

16. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

I agree this is pree cool to read