First Presentation Details

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by TryHardNation, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

More to come mañana.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Halftime shows- nice!

3. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Will they be addressing uniform/gear in the presentation update tomorrow?

4. iPhoenix

iPhoenix Walk On

Halftime shows?!?!? Well, I'm excited for the Presentation Playbook tomorrow.

Hopefully it's done right though (or at least, not half-done) as I am still cautious. Less time spent in cutscenes and what not are a good thing too, IMO.

(Curious, but is this in a GI mag?)

5. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Halftime shows have always been something I've wanted. Let's just hope its not shit, I hope since they've added it they took the time to make it somewhat right and make a point for your game as well as the other games going on in the Nation.We'll find out what it's all about tomorrow, but I really hope its somewhat of what I'd expect to see on Saturdays

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Halftime shows? I'll be skipping that shit by season 2.

7. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

Although I respect this POV about half time shows and presentation in general, do you agree that things like this are necessary to be included anyway? I notice these type of comments about skipping and buttoning through presentation elements, which I think anyone has the right to do but I wonder how EA reacts to this sentiment. I don't watch SportsCenter or College GameDay every week but I understand that the lack of these things in real life would diminish the overall package of College Football. Likewise for this stuff in-game, it should be there for whenever, whoever wants to bother utilizing it because it is a part of the real NCAA Football presentation package.

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Halftime shows are made so you can leave your seat to grab more beer.

9. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

You bring up an interesting point about halftime, if the game had more limitations during actual game time, than halftime would be far more realistically utilized for adjustments. I have stated before and likely been ignored by other gamers, suggesting that they disable the pause menu in Online Ranked games and force Users to utilize timeouts and halftime to access that menu. I would also like to see that extended to gamers being required to utilize a Gameplan during games, not accessing a full playbook on the sidelines, that they choose pregame or have the CPU create and they can only make halftime adjustments to.

Both of these would make halftime actually matter to the gamer and the halftime show could playout in the background, giving whoever finishes their halftime adjustments first, something to watch to pass time.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  10. PAgamer07

I would much rather EA makes the games themselves more interesting. This is a quote of something I wrote prior to '13 being released.

"Presentation

Let’s face it… The commentary and the on field presentation is pretty stale. Outside of the team entrances (which were a great addition) , once the action on the field starts, outside of the game itself there is no immersion.

One game that truely gets it right is the NBA 2K series. The atmosphere in the arena is electric for every game. And then in the playoffs, it just increases to a whole new level. Add in the replays, the player close ups and the stat overlays and you have one of the most immersive and energy filled sports titles ever.

Why can’t we carry this presentation over to NCAA? I think it can be done, and if it is, I really think this game will move into the elite of all sports titles. Here are my suggestions as a year long player to increase the excitement and presentation level in NCAA Football 13:

• More Crowd atmosphere. Yes homefield does matter in NCAA, especially toughest places to play. But can we please add excitement and more animations to the crowd? Team chants, action shots of the band, more variety in band songs, Waving banners/towels/flags. Anything to spruce up a pretty generic feel to every single game.
    • Varied Commentary. Let’s have two announcing crews. One for national broadcasts, the other for local games. Let’s stop with the recycled commentary every year and freshen it up. A great start would be to talk about what is actually happening outside of the play by play. For instance, “Player X is having a fantastic season, his XXXX yards are tops in NCAA.” Or “Team X is looking to rebound from last season’s loss to Team X” Or “If Team X wins today, they can clinch the Big 12″. Dynamic commentary. Commentary that changes from game to game, performance to performance, and season to season. Make each game a living, breathing game. Not recycled crap for every single game, all season long, for 15 straight seasons.
    • Stat overlays. The NBA 2K series nails this. Every. single. year. There are so many stats in the game that interest people, and that is one reason we are sports fans. This can be implemented in any way EA desires, but give us cool statistical tidbits and overlays not just to start the game, or to end the game, but during the game. Let’s show comparisons of the two QB’s to start the game comparing their Year to Date stats. Let’s show comparisons of the Running Backs during the game. Let’s take this one step farther and compare the stats versus previous seasons (NBA 2K does this). And then team stats. Let’s compare Offensive, defensive or even special teams stats between the teams. Or let’s show in conference standings. Something to spice things up. there are so many options here, that would just add variety to each game that it makes them far more interesting to see what stat overlays EA will come up with as you progress through the season.
    These are just three suggestions that would add so much more to the excitement and immersion of a game of NCAA Football 13."

• Like Like x 2
  11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I'm excited for the embargo to be up today, there is some cool stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  12. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

On a scale 1 - 10, how good is the info going to be today for presentation. I'm glad to hear someone say there is going to be some cool stuff talked about.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Drifterbub knows more than I do. I haven't been involved with NCAA much.

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think you guys will like a lot of the stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

I think highlights being shown and not two people talking with field behind him but I'm not gonna write anylonger cause we'll know in a couple hours.

16. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

I bet you'll watch it when you're playing for some championship or trophy game

17. PAgamer07

Haha. Never happen. I suck :(

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I think you underestimate how many of us play for the people on this site and not for the game.:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

Damn straight. Give me a league where I get along with everyone and we all play legit and I could go 1-11 and be happy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

I can see that. Wish I had the time to devout to leagues like the ones here. Probably won't happen till I am empty nesting which happening for at least 20 years ... :( But I enjoy this site none the less

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We all have kids. You make time for what you enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  22. PAgamer07

No doubt. Ive got 2 toddlers. After bedtime, its gametime

23. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

Well I am assuming you probably also have more understanding wives when it comes to gaming. My time to play is early in the morning. Which doesn't align with most leagues.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

When I first joined the site there was a few leagues just for guys that didn't have a whole lot of time to play. Some would only advance 2 days a week. I'm sure if there was enough guys in this situation that would be ok with a slower paced OD that management would open one up.

25. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

I try, but with only one TV ... my wife gets first priority when the kids are asleep. Not saying you guys are any different, you've obviously come up with a way to manage them. I haven't, not sure if I will come up with a agreeable solution until I have more resources at my disposal.