First Time Draft Info

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by ChaoticUT, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Was hoping for some info on what this draft craziness will look like, so I can plan accordingly.

Reading over the post its pretty obvious this is quite an affair. I'm just gonna go off the top of my head with some questions I'm hoping yall can answer.

How long do they usually run for?

I know there is gonna be a Skype going, is that gonna be video and chat?

Can you put together a "draft board" for your teams picks in game? or is that something you do out of game?

I had some other questions that have skipped my mind, but I have a feeling I'm not the only one that could use a little preview of what is about to go down on Sunday.

Any other tips/hints/suggestions would be nice. Feel free to tip your cards and give all your inside information and blow any draft day secrets ya got brewing.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Skype is broken into two categories....there is an audio only room and and one with video...the room with video is clothing optional...you know where I will be..i know it sounds weird, but the a nudist draft is actually quite fun

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Draft usually takes 2-3 hours

There is a chat but we also do audio.

The draft board is something you have to do on your own. Most of us use google docs.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

Yea the draft usualy takes 2-4 hours. And we have a great time on the skype call.

The draft is the ultimately the best part of the whole season, so it is a really fun time for HK. I think it's something that is a can't miss...

as far as a draft board, that is something that you will have to do off the console. It's not in the game this year.

5. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Thanks for the responses fellas. I know its a big part of the league so its nice to get a little preview of what to expect.

6. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I'm helping Cole Copeland since he has to work. I noticed when I logged in last night that I could not see the players scouted. When does that open so I can make a draft board?

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I believe it opens when BobJr opens the draft.

However, there is a way you can see some of the draftees before hand, however, the ratings won't be with them. That would be in the team needs section. Go to team needs, highlight a position, hit x then you can scroll positions and view that way. It also lists players you can trade for and such. It doesn't list all draft eligible players by position but usually at least 3-4 per position.

8. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I tried that last night but with no ratings you can't tell if they are studs or duds. Kind of weird that they block you from being able to see who you scouted.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Like I said, no ratings were included. I looked at it from a different perspective though. This may be a wrong way to look at it though, but let's say the 4th round WR was listed above the 2nd round WR, either he is better suited for your team and/or he is better overall. Like I said I am not sure if that is accurate but it sounded good in my head last night.

• Like Like x 1