FIU's Head Coach Speaks Up

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

FIU's Head Coach Speaks Up

Coach, why UCLA?

You are stepping into a whole new ballgame in the PAC-10. Critics are questioning your ability to succeed in this new environment. Your thoughts?

How are your players and recruits at FIU handling this news?

Neuheisel claimed that the monopoly in LA was over once he took the reigns a few years back. USC is still providing the bite whereas UCLA is providing the bark. What can you guarantee this season?

2. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Reporter: Coach, why UCLA?

Coach Stewart: I think the better question is why not UCLA. In case you couldn't tell I have a thing for warm weather states, and well, I'm really sick of the hurricanes down here in Miami, and I'm not talking about the football team. All jokes a side it was a tough call to leave FIU, afterall they gave me my first head coaching job, but when push came to shove, it's hard to pass up a head coaching job in the Pac-10, let alone a program like UCLA.

Reporter: You are stepping into a whole new ballgame in the PAC-10. Critics are questioning your ability to succeed in this new environment. Your thoughts?

Coach Stewart: Well the critics were questioning my ability to succeed with a program that had never had a winning season, and I've lead them to two consecutive winning seasons, so I listen to what the critics say, laugh a little bit, and look at it as a challange. No matter where I'm coaching at I'm going to bring a pressuer attack to the field whether it's on defense or offense, we're going to make the other team make plays to beat us.

Reporter: How are your players and recruits at FIU handling this news?

Coach Stewart: Well like any team, they're said to see me leave, but at the same time they realize what a great oppurtunity was awaiting me. I think they're looking forward to going out in our bowl game, and showing the country what FIU football is all about, and I'm looking forward to showing them one last time, as well. As far as the recruits go, I built a great bond with some of them, and I wish I could take them alll with me to UCLA, but I know that's not how things work. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the recruits we have signed at UCLA.

Reporter: Neuheisel claimed that the monopoly in LA was over once he took the reigns a few years back. USC is still providing the bite whereas UCLA is providing the bark. What can you guarantee this season?

Coach Stewart: Well I'm pretty sure I heard the same thing in Florida about how you'll never be able to recruit with the likes of UF, FSU, Miami, and USF in the state, but I think we had a pretty nice recruiting class both years. Life's about challanges, it's what you do when you're faced with a challange that makes you, who you are. And I'm looking forward to building a powerhouse at UCLA, one win a time.

3. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Congrats on the move!

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

very nice write-up. good luck(y)

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Awesome interview and good luck with your new job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.