FleXbox One Offense

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by jschwa17, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

FleXbox One Offense

I will be in a 4 user dynasty in 2011 and I will be using Navy and running their fleXbox One offense. I used them last year in 2010 towards the end and had some success running this offense. I was just wondering if peolpe have any pointers, suggestions, favoirte plays etc. out of this.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

QB Midline....My favorite play in real life and in NCAA Football.

3. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Yea I usually open up with that play and use it for a lot of short yardage stuff. Also I like running the quick option when peolpe use run commit or get a jump from the auto motion. Im excited abotu '11 because they have more misdirection plays. Like I saw in a blog post some of GT's plays and out of twins they had a wingback misdirection where the weak side wingback did the automotion but it was a speed sweep to the other wing.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The midline is beautiful if you have a really good quarterback.

The key to the offense is to keep the defense guessing AND attacking the defense properly. If they defense lines up and you are outmanned, or just don't think it will work, audible. It isn't like Power-O where you could get lucky.:) Use the counters, and mis-direction plays to setup the defense. Spread them wide, hit them in the mouth, etc.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

That is one of the nice things about this site...the run commit that killed the fleXbox One was outlawed.:)

6. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Well thank god, ti was so cheap and even if you tried passing and they had run commit you were sacked.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Stick around and you will say thank God for TF!:)

8. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Haha well Im sure I will but too bad at school my connections lag if awful so I won't be playing online but I hope to get some pointers from you gusy so I can dominate my 4 suer dynasty that me and my roomates are running as soon as we get there. I'm Navy and they are UCLA, Tennessee and USF

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I just finished up 6-7 years as Army here...it is a challenge.:)

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hopefully its not outlawed this year. As most have probably figured, if you guess wrong your giving up a big play everytime.

On topic:

Run it like Navy does in real life and you shouldn't have any problems. The blocking logic has made me wanna go back to that old Nebraska option.;)

11. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

be sure to mix in the speed option and the fullback load option. it has always provided big plays for me because thats usually the only playbook I use

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Watching that offense IRL is crazy when a team really knows how to hide the ball. I watched Air Force give Tennessee a good run a couple years ago. Their misdirections are so good.

One option play made me look like an ass. Dan Williams stuffed the FB dive for a loss and I stand up and yell "that sht ain't gonna work anymore". Little did I know the HB had already took the pitch and turned the corner before I finished the sentence. Wouldn't have been so bad in the student section but my uncle had given me some tickets right in the middle of some uppity donors who really hated me by the end of the game.

13. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Yea I like to run the load options and in one of my dynasties last year I had a fast fullback who coulc rack up yardage on those when I hit him with the pitch. I love using this offense because if someone doesnt run commit on then you can actually run plays and set them up and then hit them with counter options and option passes that just destroy them for big plays.

14. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Yea its pretty tricky and its all about making a little crease especially for Navy and Ricky Dobbs would just shoot through it for a couple of yards. But when we had Kyle Eckle, good god it was just give it to him and let him pound it out, then pitch it to Reggie Campbell going outside.

15. Iron Mickey

Ricky Dobbs played at my Rival High School here in Douglasville, GA. Dude was a beast. Recruited by your's truly, Paul Johnson!!!! Go Tech!!

16. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Yea but I guess thats why he went to Navy, Maryland is so much better than Georgia! But god I loved Paul Johnson, I have a bad feeling Kenny Niumatalolo is going to start slipping here soon. The past couple years our rush offense has steadily decreased

17. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

In the demo has anyone tried running zone read or a triple option? Because I dont know if its just me but to hand the ball off you have to hold down X or A for a god awful long time

18. Iron Mickey

I havent got to run a triple option PB yet. Hopefully I will by friday though

19. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Have they revamped this offense?

Last year I used the balance playbook, so I ran a lot of wishbone/fleXbox One. It was fun because you could run it 15 times in a row, then with that playbook come out in 5 wide out of no where.

20. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Yea that is sort of like Air Forces playbook. It has flex and wishbone but also has some shotgun so you can catch your opponent off guard. And I just running the tripple option out of wishbone with florida it was hard to get the corner but that was because everyone was packed in even when I ran it in the middle of the field but with all the different flex and wishbone sets im hoping it spreads them out alot more and you can get some lanes.

21. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Has anyone else used or faced this in 2011 yet? I absolutley love it! They have the blcoking down but ti is frustrating running midline or option and the backside DE getting you before you get started. Or when the OLB comes up and drills the QB and i get the pitch off but the CB beats the WR block or the pitch goes 10 yards backwards.

So far in 2011 I have had tremendous success with it and I lvoe all the new plays that were put in this year. Especially the WB Misdirection play and the FB Option play with the playside WB moitioning back then going to block for you. These work great against the computer and have worked great against human players as well.

Let me know what you have experienced and your tactics and strategies.

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I always thought the staple of the fleXbox One offense was you never knew who had the ball? Maybe I am thinking of the wishbone or something since they are all so similar.

The WB misdirection is the only play really that gets the defense going one way and you take it back the other.

23. jschwa17

jschwa17 Walk On

Well so does the trap option and the option with the strongside wb automotioning to the weak side then coming back to block ont he strong side. But the single wing was almost purely misdirection, but it is also a part of the fleXbox One.