FleXbox One Offense ?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by CoachRedd, Nov 25, 2011.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Do you feel its cheesing to put a halfback at the downback position in the fleXbox One? I know it sim...considering thats what paul johnson does at tech in real life...but is it cheesing on the game? Would ilke to get some opinions.

2. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I think it's a little cheesy to put a 180 pound speed back at that spot, but power backs and guys that are a bit heftier are probably fine. The pre-play formation subs allow all kinds of combinations. You can run a bunch of guys into that spot without putting an HB at the FB spot on the depth chart. I'd keep a big back in the spot, but I think it could be a HB if you have one that fits

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'd say it's not cheese. In real life they just call it the A-Back (I think) and the spot is really meant for a guy who can run between the tackles. So any FB or power HB can be put in the spot.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

It's okay to put a Tailback at the B-Back position long as he is heavy enough like in real life.

He needs to be at least 215 pounds.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's the B-Back.

6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

A FB in that offense isn't the same as a FB in a i-form offense. I'm running it in year 5 of my dynasty with a 230 pound Malcom Brown back there.

In real life you wouldn't necessarily have to have your big bruiser RB back there. "Good fleXbox One fullbacks are usually the best ball carriers on the team and receive the majority of rushing attempts. A fleXbox One fullback is usually smaller and faster than a typical fullback seen in conventional offense". Georgia Tech's leading running back rusher is only 202 pounds.

7. Iron Mickey

David Sims has been Tech's starting B-Back all season and he is every bit of 220~225 pounds

Here is his team profile here: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sims_david00.html

8. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Ah, well I'm starting a 230 pound guy so I'm good.

9. Iron Mickey

I love running the fleXbox One. Doing it in my league as well

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I just started it. I run a book with every fleXbox One formation and play. Then I still have some of the i-form combinations combined with the shotgun formations like bulldog. Mainly because I didn't know how the fleXbox One played on the game. Still need to use it against a user and see how the DEs react when making their reads. I'm running it with Malcom Brown, a sophomore QB with 88 spd/acc, and my two split backs are two 5* sophomores. Being Texas ftw. How do you like to recruit for it?

I'm glad I happened upon GT and Navy's stats. I didn't think the QB would be the leading rusher for both. Now I don't feel so bad about how many times I am having to keep it with him.

11. Iron Mickey

I recruit speed for my A-Backs and power/size/speed for my B-Backs. I generally move a large Tailback with good BTK & Speed to B-Back (Fullback), I also recruit short, but strong and quick TE's and move them to B-Back.

Also with this scheme against Users, they seem to stack the box with "single high" safety's and blitz the gaps and edges. So I like to recruit a speedy receiver and a big WR (6'5 or taller) to make users pay for leaving DB's on an island. And for the most part I have, long as I don't make poor reads their is in general, a wingback or WR winning a 1-on-1 battle in open field (long as you have the talent)

QB Midline I run more than any other play and I run it alot. It's a 2-Way option play. You either give quick off the A-Gap or you QB follow behind the B-Back. You can really break some nice chunks of yards up the gut vs an aggressive user.

More or less it's about patience and hitting the pass when the time is right. It's not a perfect system in the game like IRL, but it's coming along and hopefully more and more as NCAA Football grows.

Here is my custom fleXbox One playbook

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Wasn't the best first user game. QB had -6 yards rushing, some of that due to getting sacked on option passes. I could never get to the outside or have clear room for a pitch. Had 130 yards rushing, but I think all of it was sweeps and misdirections. Didn't help I lost Malcom Brown for the game and had to put a freshman at B-Back.

13. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

With this offense, you live and die on the first two reads on the triple. I don't pitch often. Read the DE, and then give or don't to the first guy through. Most of the time, if you don't give to the first option, you'll end up keeping it. I find that pitches don't happen much, but when they do, and they're done right, you can break a big play. Make the D pinch the line, and then sweep or speed option around the end. Throw in a pass here and there to keep him honest, and you should be able to make some plays.

I've been told that it's harder in user games cuz the timing gets thrown off by the slight lag, but stick with it, and it'll get easier.

14. Iron Mickey

Don't use option passes vs Users. 99.9% they will result in a sack.

I'm going to be back to recording some games soon as my new PC gets in tonight and I will throw up from videos and LIVE feeds if you're interested.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

That is where I got most of my yards. The sweeps and the misdirections. Luckily my defense is outstanding or else I'd be in trouble. I'm not sure how it's going to go against a user OU team. This was against a B+ Missouri team that wasn't that great talent wise.

I found that out real fast.

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'd definitely be interested, I gave this a go but I'm not sure if I didn't stick with it long enough, or just didn't run the "right" plays. (by that I mean reading what the defense is giving me between sweeps around the outside etc.)

17. Iron Mickey

10-4. I will tag you

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

thanks, I'd love to learn the ins and outs of this-- whats better then beating other people with one of the oldest offenses around?

19. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

This thread sparked my interest and made me want to roll with GT in one of my dynasties, would love to see some videos on how to run it.

20. Iron Mickey

Cool man. I will tag you as well.

21. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

me as well please.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Iron Mickey

Sure bud

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

and me.

24. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

And me.

25. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Look forward to it. What time you think?