Florida 27 at Georgia 34

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Florida 27 at Georgia 34

Typical Steelah/Helli game. Tons of mistakes which pretty much dictated the outcome in some ways. I will give our team credit though, we blocked really well (run blocking) and came away with a couple important plays via the air game too.

Georgia got the ball first and couldn't do anything, but managed to force a punt themselves. James Scales opened the scoring by pounding it in from two yards out on a shotgun keeper, breaking through two tackles to get in. Looked like Georgia had some serious momentum as we got another stop, but on the punt return, Sanders Commings got DRILLED and dropped it. My laziness, the regular PR is injured and I never replaced him with a guy that had a CAR rating! So they returned that fumble to tie it.

In the second quarter we took control of the game. We traded off touchdowns (UGA) and field goals (UF) and then added a field goal before halftime to go into the break with a 24-10 advantage.

A field goal in the third quarter for UF was followed by another by Georgia early in the fourth and it was 27-13. At this key moment (I think) Florida had a drive going and made a nice pass and the receiver got destroyed and fumbled the football. Georgia took it back down and scored as Mike Anderson plowed in from a yard out for his third score of the game. Anderson was magnificent other than a fumble, with 30 carries for 147 yards and 3 TD.

Late in the game we completely forgot hot to cover people. UF went right down the field and scored on an easy 28-yard pass play as DeBose torched Joe Dixon. Anderson them fumbled on a huge hit, and Florida again hit for the big play as one of our backups was just watching the guy go by. This put Florida within 7 late in the game.

We recovered the onside kick to win the game. I left out a few minor details but there were 6 turnovers (3 Fum by me, 2 INT and a Fum by Steel) and it was just your typical Helli/Steela game.

GG mang

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lmao what's funy is I said in TWIT week 8, you need to stop playing tressel ball and take more risks...well 3 turnovers later and you win...LOL.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well... it was three fumbles. Two of them were unlucky/not my fault. Well actually the PR was like I said but not a "gamble" in the traditional sense. The third was, I was up pretty big late, and I relied on my QB to get a tough first down. That's just dumb. But really I dont' think of it as I took many more chances. It was just dumb luck.

Anyway it was good to win the "who can avoid going 4-3 on the young season bowl."

We were both in a must win situation

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Nice win by UGA getting the monkey off their back. Lots of football left to play.