Florida Gators 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida Gators 2011

The Florida Gators come into the 2011 season ranked #2 in the country. The Gators will have to figure out a way to replace some great players on the offensive and defensive lines and secondary. They do however return all of their skill players except Emmanuel Moody and Aaron Hernandez.

[​IMG]

The Gators also return John Brantley at quarterback. He was successful in leading Florida to a Sugar Bowl victory. He comes into the season as a Heisman candidate. He feels in unwarranted, but it is what it is. He will try to become the 4th Gator signal caller to win the Heisman (Spurrier, Wuerffel, Tebow).

[​IMG]
    The undoubted leader of the Defense is Preseason All-American Will Hill. The Gators will look to Hill to run the back end of their defense. He is a specimen and the Gators are looking for a few more big plays out of "Thrill" this season.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida proves to be too much for Utah

The Utah Utes dominated most statistical categories but only wound up with 6 points to show for it. The Gators took advantage of short fields due to shanked punts, turn overs and nice kick returns. John Brantley threw three picks in a dismal opening performance. Chris Rainey was big with two TD's one coming on a 94 yard KOR. The Gator defense bend don't break mentality was in full force holding Utah to 1 for 4 in redzone attempts on their home field.

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Quote from John Brantley " i feel unwarranted to be a heisman candidate". First game he throws 3 picks. Time to get a sports shrink in there before it goes down hill.

Side note: Unnamed Georgia player sends mini heisman trophy in the mail with your not Tebow ingraved in it.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

UF vs UAB Recap tonight

UF struggled to get it going again and survive against UAB. John Brantley played somewhat better. Don't remember much from the game but the Gators are lucky to be 2-0 going into UT week.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

UF vs. Tenn

UF 21 Tenn 18

John Brantley is coming into his own. Yeah he threw the untimely redzone Int for the third game in a row. However he connected three times with his wide outs to lead his Gator squad to a 21-18 victory. In a game where Florida struggled to run the ball. Brantley had to hit some passes in tough third down situations and he delivered.

The Gator defense bent all day broke some but managed to keep the Vols from tying or winning the game with two late 4th quarter drives. The defensive line had decent pressure. Dee Finley the first year starter at SS had numerous ball jarring hits and a huge interception to stop a 4th quarter drive by the Vols.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Uf picks up 4 commitments going into the Auburn game. They all were impressed by the atmosphere at the UF vs UT game. It didn't hurt that the Gators won and they got to see G'vegas in all it's glory after a big Gator win!

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida rides Rainey and Parks to a victory in Auburn, AL.

The Gators have had bad luck whenever they travel to Auburn, AL. However, the Gators played a pretty complete game in their win over the Tigers. Chris Rainey would rush for two scores and John Brantley would find TE Desmond Parks for two scores. The gator defense was solid and contained them for most of the day. Jelani Jenkins, Moses jenkins, and William Green had interceptions on the day.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

UF 27 AL 6

Three big plays and some hard nosed defense won the gators this game. The Gators were able to stun the #1 ranked Crimson Tide in the Swamp. The gators held Star Jackson and Co. to two field goals. Alabama had a few red zone drives end in turn overs. The Gator Dline was able to get pressure and the Dynamic Duo of Will Hill and Dee Finley were able to seperate ball from the receiver on several occassions.

John Brantley was able to connect on two huge TD passes to Deonte Thompson and Chris Rainey in which he had plenty of time to find his receiver. In the 4th quarter with chris Rainey out due to injury Mike Gillislee was able to take a pitch over 50 yards for a score to ice the game. Deonte Thompson had a monster block on that play driving the corner to the sideline.

Meyer: This is a big win for the Gator nation. We needed this game. I am almost willing to bet Alabama will be in Atlanta we have to do our part to join them. Class program and they will undoubtedly be a contender. Our guys stood up today, and now we celebrate for 24 hours and get ready for LSU.

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Whoa, this is going on the bulletin board in the locker room. Better get ready for a battle, as my down south brother says, "cuz dem fightin' words!"
    -Inside joke about bkhogfan51

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LSU has to earn the right to be in the convo. WE READY!!!

11. controllerabuser

Just get your popcorn ready! ;)

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LOL I can't wait man me and you always seem to have some f'n epic battles. Looks like we are lookin at Thursday unless JCA and Cade get done early enough tomorrow.

13. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Got over the hump...nice win (y)

14. controllerabuser

It'd be nice if we could play Friday night.... I know you coach football right? Dammit.. This game could really compliment a beer or two...

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LOL I know well yeah Friday nights are out for me.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Rivals.com reports that the Gators have some silent commitments following Florida's big win against SEC West foe Alabama. The Gators currently only have 7 players they are pursuing so look for them to go all in with these guys.

17. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

My don't the Coaches just love the SEC lol. 2nd time I've been jumped in the rankings

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

Two steps forward, three steps back Florida blows it early against LSU.

John Brantley looked like a big time QB in the late second quarter until the end of the game. However, his Derek Anderson like play in the first quarter gave a stacked LSU team an advantage they didn't need. Two turnovers led to 10 LSU points that proved to be the difference. That and the lack of ability of the first person bringing the ball carriers down and Jefferson's highly efficient day led to #1 falling after only a week at the top.

good game CA.

19. controllerabuser

I was feeling so damn good with Jefferson man. That was a great game but it seemed like everytime I had a 3rd down to convert, Jefferson was money and the ball carriers were sure to get the yards they needed.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida is using this bye week to get ready for the Dawgs. Florida can still end up in Atlanta if they win out in the SEC. Huge game with the Bulldogs next week.

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]

UF 35 UGA 28

Dee Finley will always be remembered. The senior safety stepped up and as he simply stated "did (his) my job." Finley would take the Gators from being down by 1 point with under 4 minutes to go in the game to winning by 7. He returned two interceptions (50+ and 100 yards) for scores to win the Cocktail Party. The Gators remain a one loss team with the meat of their schedule behind them.

John Brantley and Jeff Demps added some big play strikes early on, but Georgia was able to answer and take a lead. Jonathin Phillips was able to keep the Gators in striking distance with two FG's the last bringing the score to 21-20. That's when history happend.

UGA was moving the ball at will on the ensuing drive. They found themselves in a 3rd down situation and called a pass play. Finley stepped in front of the TE and took the ball for a score. Jordan Reed was able to hit a wide open wide reciever for the 2 point conversion and 7 point lead.

Using a 2 minute pace, UGA would make it's way to the redzone and looking to score when Finley stepped in front of the intended WR and raced untouched for a 100 yard score.

UGA would answer but too little too late the damage was done and that damage is spelled with a capital DEE.

Meyer: That dude is special. He worked so hard he waited his turn behind Major and Ahmad. Never complained he just did his job. He picked us up. After Johnny was down for the game Reed struggled a bit. Dee knew the defense would have to stand up and he made two of the most memorable plays in Gator history. No luck about it he did what he was blessed to do.

Brantley is fine he had a shoulder we keep him out a few days and he will be ready on Saturday. Nice to see Demps hit a homerun for us with that 60+ yard run for a score.

Reed struggled but he hit some big throws especially the one on 3rd and 16 by calling the hot route for Lawrence when he saw the corner blitz and we convert it and run the clock out.

We will celebrate this one that's for sure!

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Recruiting update,

We got some GA boys who said if we win this game they would be on board!

23. controllerabuser

Looks like your in the best position, if I lose to ryty, assuming I make it past cimmy.

24. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida wins in a laugher vs Kentucky

John Brantley was able to throw for over 300 yards in what looked like a cake walk for the Gators. The players of note though came from the Gator Defense. Earl Okine had 9 tackles and 2 sacks off the edge. Will Hill was able to make huge plays for his team with a host of tackles 2 Int's one of which was returned for a score.

25. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida struggles but survives vs Vandy

In a game that was as boring as they get, the Florida Gators manage to eek one out against Vandy. The 42-19 score is deceiving. This game was highlighted by an amazing 94 yard run by Jeff Demps. I would post it but I don't know how to. He ran for over 200 yards as the Gators really wanted to focus on the run game as they prepare for a huge game against South Carolina where they will need to be balanced.

Meyer: we are a win away from going back to Atlanta. Everyone must do their job this coming week and maintained focused on what is at hand.